Windows 10: windows recovery partition - please tell me more

Discus and support windows recovery partition - please tell me more in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a windows recovery partition (hidden) which is about 500 MB (only) that got crearted when i clean installed the latest windows 10 (2004) update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by perfection, Jun 29, 2020.

1. windows recovery partition - please tell me more

I have a windows recovery partition (hidden) which is about 500 MB (only) that got crearted when i clean installed the latest windows 10 (2004) update.

What EXACTLY will i not be able to if i delete this partition?

Will i have access to the recovery environment (which i reach by pressing shift + restart), running commands such as sfc scannow, using prior created restore points?

Thanks

:)

perfection, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Rexter Win User

Help with HP System Recovery partition

I will try and cut this short:

So i have this HP pavilion DV5-1987 laptop, that came with windows vista home premium 32bit. A couple of months later i installed a 64bit version, and about a week ago i installed Windows 7 x64 RTM. Both installations was a fresh install on the C partition, leaving the recovery partition intact and alone.
    Now i have regrettet and want the original os to be reinstalled. But it doesnt work.
    The bios options does nothing, i press ESC to get to boot options, choose F11 for boot to recovery partition, and it goes straight to windows 7.
    i search the internet for options and try these suggestions:
    Mark drive D as active partition (the rec partition). it still boots to win 7.
    boot to super grub from a boot cd, and press "AUTO MAGIC BOOTER" (something like that). it then shows me two identical "vista boot loader" to choose from, and both goes into win 7, and a third (other OS) that gives me and error and returns to grub loader.

there a several other suggestions but either they wont work in my scenario or are another iteration of what i have already tried.

So uh... help? please? if you need anymore information please ask.

Rexter, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jun 29, 2020
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

windows recovery partition - please tell me more

Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! windows recovery partition - please tell me more :)

RyoTakagi, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

windows recovery partition - please tell me more

1. windows recovery partition - please tell me more - Similar Threads - recovery partition please

2. Please tell me how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please tell me how to fix it?: I was a Linux user now I'm trying to shift to windows at first I download iso file and after that I booted my usb device everything went well and I got install tab in front of me after that I selected date and time the window 10 pro after that I got this compatibility issue...
  3. Please tell me how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please tell me how to fix it?: I was a Linux user now I'm trying to shift to windows at first I download iso file and after that I booted my usb device everything went well and I got install tab in front of me after that I selected date and time the window 10 pro after that I got this compatibility issue...
  4. Please tell me how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. please tell me what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please tell me what to do: hello thanks for information , but i have another problem with my computer. my computer and external hard disk work very good for more than a year . i one day my computer speaker did not work i try to back up speaker but still did not work . then i try to recovery my computer...
  6. please tell me what to do

please tell me what to do: hello thanks for information , but i have another problem with my computer. my computer and external hard disk work very good for more than a year . i one day my computer speaker did not work i try to back up speaker but still did not work . then i try to recovery my computer...
  7. I accidentally deleted the Windows 11 boot partition. Please tell me how to restore this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted the Windows 11 boot partition. Please tell me how to restore this.: I have accidentally removed the Windows 11 boot partition from my ASUS laptop, and now the laptop will not open. Please tell me what to do. And only disk C is available; all other disks were accidentally removed through thiilrd party app....
  8. I accidentally deleted the Windows 11 boot partition. Please tell me how to restore this.

I accidentally deleted the Windows 11 boot partition. Please tell me how to restore this.: I have accidentally removed the Windows 11 boot partition from my ASUS laptop, and now the laptop will not open. Please tell me what to do. And only disk C is available; all other disks were accidentally removed through thiilrd party app....
  9. can anyone please tell me

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can anyone please tell me: how to edit and save and delete my posts so that I don't irritate any of you guys! I need the simplest solution,,cause im kind of a slow learner. how bout the possibility that any one would sort of MENTOR me? I don't really expect many answers but try anyway ! but I am 64 yrs...
  10. please tell me what this is??,,Thnx!

please tell me what this is??,,Thnx!: Hi All, I just got a fresh Install of win 10 and noticed this[see screen shot] when I "right-click". [img] I had never noticed those numbers before? anyone know what they mean? THNX! ahead of time!*Smile 21706