Windows 10: windows recovery partition - please tell me more

Discus and support windows recovery partition - please tell me more in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a windows recovery partition (hidden) which is about 500 MB (only) that got crearted when i clean installed the latest windows 10 (2004) update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by perfection, Jun 29, 2020.

1. windows recovery partition - please tell me more

I have a windows recovery partition (hidden) which is about 500 MB (only) that got crearted when i clean installed the latest windows 10 (2004) update.

What EXACTLY will i not be able to if i delete this partition?

Will i have access to the recovery environment (which i reach by pressing shift + restart), running commands such as sfc scannow, using prior created restore points?

Thanks

:)

perfection, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Rexter Win User

Help with HP System Recovery partition

I will try and cut this short:

So i have this HP pavilion DV5-1987 laptop, that came with windows vista home premium 32bit. A couple of months later i installed a 64bit version, and about a week ago i installed Windows 7 x64 RTM. Both installations was a fresh install on the C partition, leaving the recovery partition intact and alone.
    Now i have regrettet and want the original os to be reinstalled. But it doesnt work.
    The bios options does nothing, i press ESC to get to boot options, choose F11 for boot to recovery partition, and it goes straight to windows 7.
    i search the internet for options and try these suggestions:
    Mark drive D as active partition (the rec partition). it still boots to win 7.
    boot to super grub from a boot cd, and press "AUTO MAGIC BOOTER" (something like that). it then shows me two identical "vista boot loader" to choose from, and both goes into win 7, and a third (other OS) that gives me and error and returns to grub loader.

there a several other suggestions but either they wont work in my scenario or are another iteration of what i have already tried.

So uh... help? please? if you need anymore information please ask.

Rexter, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jun 29, 2020
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

windows recovery partition - please tell me more

Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! windows recovery partition - please tell me more :)

RyoTakagi, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

windows recovery partition - please tell me more

1. windows recovery partition - please tell me more - Similar Threads - recovery partition please

2. Recovery Partition on Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Partition on Windows: Hi, I'm using Acer Predator Triton 500 and I had an issue regarding not being able to launch the factory default Predator Sense App. After trying every solution, I tried to restore the system to a time the app was functioning. In the process, an error occurred and I could no...
  3. can anyone please tell me

can anyone please tell me: how to edit and save and delete my posts so that I don't irritate any of you guys! I need the simplest solution,,cause im kind of a slow learner. how bout the possibility that any one would sort of MENTOR me? I don't really expect many answers but try anyway ! but I am 64 yrs...
  4. Recovery Partition

Recovery Partition: Please read through to the bottom. I have 2 questions there. This is in relation to comments on threads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unused-11gb-recovery-partition/24a7cbbe-960a-490f-b916-e07eba32281e and...
  5. recovery partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    recovery partition: A friend asked this and I didn't have an answer, mainly because I use Macrium reflect and image the whole drive. He was playing around with an Acer Desktop and deleted the recovery partition. His only other computer is an Hp laptop. Both latest Win 10 versions. The Laptop has...
  6. Please Tell Me I Can Change This

in Windows 10 Support
    Please Tell Me I Can Change This: Hi :) Below is a screenshot of my 'Downloads' folder. As you can see it's divided in two by today's activity and yesterday's. Not too long ago, it was all one big field without the separations of the days. Is there any way to revert back to that? My Windows version is below....
  7. Please tell me how to create a printer shortcut in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please tell me how to create a printer shortcut in Windows 10?: Please tell me how to create a printer shortcut in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-tell-me-how-to-create-a-printer-shortcut-in/eb244625-3d9c-4987-91d7-57320dee9aba
  8. recovery partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recovery partition: My hp laptop suddenly threw up a twirling recovering disc image. Now many of my apps like Edge and others don't work. When I look at disc management I see my C drive has a recovery partition. How do I make use of this?...
  9. Recovery Partition

Recovery Partition: Hello. I had transferred the recovery partition to a USB but my grandchild broke it. I have succeeded in recovering the files from that partition. Can I do something with that to have a recovery USB. Thanks to all....
  10. please tell me what this is??,,Thnx!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    please tell me what this is??,,Thnx!: Hi All, I just got a fresh Install of win 10 and noticed this[see screen shot] when I "right-click". [img] I had never noticed those numbers before? anyone know what they mean? THNX! ahead of time!*Smile 21706