Windows 10: Windows Recovery/Restore

Discus and support Windows Recovery/Restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So recently i tried to download a game and it gave me a virus so im currently trying to restore my laptop to an earlier version before the virus got on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 123Kleen, Aug 14, 2020.

1. 123Kleen Win User

Windows Recovery/Restore

So recently i tried to download a game and it gave me a virus so im currently trying to restore my laptop to an earlier version before the virus got on it. Its been an hour of recovery now and im getting concerned but i did delete pretty huge games and files like gta V and siege because i thought the constastant long freezing was caused by my ram being overworked. Is it possible that the recovery is taking longer because its trying to recover a lot of data or is it just stuck?

:)

123Kleen, Aug 14, 2020

2. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Windows Recovery/Restore

how to restore pc from recovery partition

In F8, there are plenty options but no option like recovery..one option named directory services recovery

freebird_9924, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows Recovery/Restore

1. Windows Recovery/Restore - Similar Threads - Recovery Restore

2. How to use DISM to Restore my Windows installationC: from a winre.win image in Recovery...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to use DISM to Restore my Windows installationC: from a winre.win image in Recovery...: Hello everybody, I am in need of your help please. I was trying to increase the size of my Efi System partition so as to accommodate the boot files for other Operating Systems i was trying multiboot. I was using AOMEI partition manager to do that. The process required a...
  3. the selected system image cannot be restored in this recovery environment

the selected system image cannot be restored in this recovery environment: Hi, I just upgraded my PC from Windows 32 bit to 64 bit. I have a few partitions on my hard drive. I followed the online instruction and created a WindowsImageBackup which is now stored on an external hard drive. The upgrade process was fine and smooth. I deleted the current...
  4. Restore windows 10 from the recovery drive

Restore windows 10 from the recovery drive: I have a recovery drive. None of these options works. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-windows-10-from-the-recovery-drive/9258179e-3ba2-4409-b0f3-e7821f25e4f7
  5. How to use Recovery Drive to restore Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Recovery Drive to restore Windows 10 computer: [ATTACH]Essentially, a Recovery Drive stores a copy of your Windows 10 environment without your personal files and desktop applications on another source, such as a […] This article How to use Recovery Drive to restore Windows 10 computer first appeared on...
  6. Hard drive crashed with Windows 10 on it; recovery restored Windows 7 Home Premium; How do...

Hard drive crashed with Windows 10 on it; recovery restored Windows 7 Home Premium; How do...: Hard drive crashed with Windows 10 on it; recovery restored Windows 7 Home Premium; How do I get Windows 10 back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-crashed-with-windows-10-on-it-recovery/9a24e6af-466d-4360-8427-1d8637e3877e
  7. Is it possible to get a recovery restore dvd mailed within the US?

Is it possible to get a recovery restore dvd mailed within the US?: I have a laptop which fell on the floor. I have been able to run the reset process and also ran a chkdsk. I downloaded a recovery disk onto usb from Dell but when I tried to restore my laptop, it stopped about 3/4 of the way through and said the copy was corrupted. I have a...
  8. Can a Windows Recovery drive restore an entire system?

Can a Windows Recovery drive restore an entire system?: I created a Windows recovery drive on a USB thumb drive. Can I boot that drove and restore the entire system? I have read that "A Recovery Drive lets you boot your system and easily access a number ofrecovery and troubleshooting tools to revive a failing Windows 10 system....
  9. Search tool, feedback hub, windows recovery not working. How can I restore everything to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search tool, feedback hub, windows recovery not working. How can I restore everything to...: Hi I am having a problem: Search tool, feedback hub, windows recovery are not working at all I click and nothing happens. How can I restore everything to normal again? Thank you....
  10. Windows 10 Restore/Recovery Broke my OS?

Windows 10 Restore/Recovery Broke my OS?: Not sure how else to word this other than the title, I wanted to do a clean windows 10 installation using media creation tool on a usb. I booted using the USB, hit advanced, and fired up the restore. clicked on "just remove my files" and it all started up fine. I sat...