Windows 10: Windows Recovery screen after cloning

Discus and support Windows Recovery screen after cloning in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hey, so I tried cloning my OS from an MBR ssd to a GPT ssd. After the cloning was done, I get booted to the windows recovery screen when trying to boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Ghost Prodigy, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Windows Recovery screen after cloning

Hey, so I tried cloning my OS from an MBR ssd to a GPT ssd. After the cloning was done, I get booted to the windows recovery screen when trying to boot via the cloned drive. The cloning was performed via minitool partition wizard and here is how disk management looks along with all the partitions.

I'm attempting to clone Drive C to Drive E, any help would be great

Windows Recovery screen after cloning [​IMG]

Windows Recovery screen after cloning [​IMG]

Could the issue be due to them being mbr and gpt?

:)

Ghost Prodigy, Feb 7, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Installing The SSD - Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook | Tom's Hardware

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Feb 7, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

Part of how I keep my SSD fast is to clone it to a platter drive, then clone back. You just want to make sure that you are only cloning teh used space, and not the empty space.

So, again, I isntall Windows to the ssd. Clone to platter drive, then clone back.

I am not sure why, but if I do not do the clone step, the drive's speed, and windows booting, decreases substantially within a week or so.

I am using a Corsair F60 SSD and a Western Digital 500AAKS as drives, and using the free version of Acronis that WD provides, if any of that matters. I am not sure, at this point.

cadaveca, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Windows Recovery screen after cloning

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows Recovery screen after cloning

1. Windows Recovery screen after cloning - Similar Threads - Recovery screen cloning

2. PC Recovery After Cloning Windows to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Recovery After Cloning Windows to SSD: Hi, I cloned all my data from my 2TB HDD to my 1TB SSD, intending to make the SSD my Windows 11 boot drive. After restarting my PC, Windows booted successfully, so I went ahead and cleaned my HDD to make it my storage drive. However, restarting it again resulted in an error...
  3. PC Recovery After Cloning Windows to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Recovery After Cloning Windows to SSD: Hi, I cloned all my data from my 2TB HDD to my 1TB SSD, intending to make the SSD my Windows 11 boot drive. After restarting my PC, Windows booted successfully, so I went ahead and cleaned my HDD to make it my storage drive. However, restarting it again resulted in an error...
  4. No Recovery Partition on cloned NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Recovery Partition on cloned NVMe SSD: I have used Aomei Backupper to clone a Windows 10 Pro SATA3 SSD to a new NVMe M2 SSD. It went well and I now have a new boot drive but the cloning process did not copy over the Recovery Partition from the original SSD. Is that a problem? Thanks 179622
  5. After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy": Hello, I cloned an existing C: drive SSD to a larger SSD Crucial 500GB NVMe to Crucial 2TB NVMe using the Acronis Disk Clone software that came with the new SSD. Seems to have worked, Windows boots, etc. However, the partition on the cloned drive that used to be labeled...
  6. Recovery media missing after cloning

Recovery media missing after cloning: hey, so i recently cloned my hdd to a new ssd. i used minitool partition wizard. i clicked on migrate os to hdd/sdd. i chose option a. replace system with another hard disk. Now after i completed that process i swap the sdd in and booted up fine. i used the laptop like i...
  7. Resizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resizing Partition after cloning but healthy recovery partition is in the way.: Hi all. I'm looking all over and I can't get an answer on this: I cloned my OS drive on my SSD to an M.2 drive. The SSD was 500gb. My M.2 drive is 1tb. I now have almost 500gb of unallocated space. The problem is this: There is my C drive, a 'recovery partition',...
  8. No Recovery Partition after clone, and MBR to GPT.

No Recovery Partition after clone, and MBR to GPT.: Hey fellas, Moving forward from this thread.....(just for reference.....Help with SSD boot drive change) Single boot drive MBR was cloned with Macrium to larger ssd and removed smaller ssd. Windows booted fine. MBR2GPT converted the new drive, but gave the...
  9. Windows 10 restarts to black screen after SSD clone

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 restarts to black screen after SSD clone: ...so I migrated my OS from SATA SSD (Samsung 850 Pro) to NVMe SSD (SAMSUNG 970 Pro) over the last two days. Operation eventually completed successfully. Particulars can be read here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Deskto...338394#M182269 Everything works as expected to my...
  10. Unable to recovery after cloning

Unable to recovery after cloning: Hi all, I upgraded to a Samsung Evo SSD by cloning with Samsung Migration software. After swapping the SSD, I am unable to do recovery option. Please advise. Thank you....