Windows 10: Windows reducing ethernet speed and connection issues

Discus and support Windows reducing ethernet speed and connection issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows keeps resetting the network speed to 100mbps. When I set the speed to "1.0 Gbps full duplex" after a short period there are connectivity issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fxzii, May 12, 2019.

1. fxzii Win User

Windows reducing ethernet speed and connection issues

Windows keeps resetting the network speed to 100mbps. When I set the speed to "1.0 Gbps full duplex" after a short period there are connectivity issues - the network cuts out and turns back on a few times, then comes back on with the speed reduced to 100mbps.

Using a tplink pcie gigabit network card [with latest drivers] (custom built machine), cat8 cable and gigabit network switch. This is not a hardware issue.

Before I installed the network card and used onboard ethernet, network would just cut out completely and say "network cable uplugged". I have none of these problems when booting into linux.

:)

fxzii, May 12, 2019
  2. RevoLand Win User

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Hello,

So this issue has been annoying me since i have changed my old i5-4670 with a ryzen.

Ethernet: Realtek 8111H (MSI X370 Gaming Plus)
    Modem/Router: Airties Air 5760

What i have tried so far to fix my issue:
    • Re-installing Windows
    • Updating Ryzen chipset drivers
    • Updating Realtek LAN drivers (both from MSI & Realtek)
    • Updating MSI' LAN releated drivers (MSI Gaming Lan Manager)
    • Replacing ethernet cable
    • Restarting router to factory settings
    Still no luck, keeps happening randomly. Sometimes it is stable for days then it is not stable for 20 mins. Happening when gaming or idle, or while streaming via steam link.
    Windows' own issue fixer thingy fix the issue for the moment, re-plugging the cable, disabling & enabling the ethernet adapter also fixes the issue for the moment.
    Also i am the only one having this issue in the network, TV and phones are still connected to wifi.

It is started to be real annoying, so time to get help to fix the issue from TPU. Thanks in advance! *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

RevoLand, May 12, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Ethernet connection issues

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Ethernet connection. Let me assist you.

This issue might happen if the power saver option is set.

I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapters.

• Right-click on the Network Adapter listed and click on
      Properties.

• Click on Power Management tab.

• Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power box and click on
      Ok.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, May 12, 2019
  4. Windows reducing ethernet speed and connection issues

My reliable ethernet connection no longer works

Hi Marcia,

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

• After restarting is your computer in normal mode or not?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to reset the modem\ router and check if the Ethernet connection works or not.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows reducing ethernet speed and connection issues

1. Windows reducing ethernet speed and connection issues - Similar Threads - reducing ethernet speed

2. Ethernet speed reduced by PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed reduced by PC: I have a gigabit net and sometimes I can use it without problems on my pc, but other times when I go to the internet device in the internet device manager, it says that it only does 100mbps instead of 1gb even when I set it to do speed and duplex 1gb or auto-negotiation, I've...
  3. Ethernet speed reduced by PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet speed reduced by PC: I have a gigabit net and sometimes I can use it without problems on my pc, but other times when I go to the internet device in the internet device manager, it says that it only does 100mbps instead of 1gb even when I set it to do speed and duplex 1gb or auto-negotiation, I've...
  4. Ethernet connection speed problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection speed problem: Hi, I have cat5 ethernet cable wich is supposed to handle 100Mbps my wifi speed can reach 50 Mbps when i plug the ethernet and try a speed test i only get 12 Mbps and when i go to settings->network->ethernet->change adapter setting i double click on ethernet i can see that im...
  5. Ethernet connection speed problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connection speed problem: Hi, I have cat5 ethernet cable wich is supposed to handle 100Mbps my wifi speed can reach 50 Mbps when i plug the ethernet and try a speed test i only get 12 Mbps and when i go to settings->network->ethernet->change adapter setting i double click on ethernet i can see that im...
  6. Ethernet connection speed problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Ethernet Connection Issue

Ethernet Connection Issue: To make it easier I put everything together in a nice text. Issue - Ethernet Connection Things I tried - Troubleshooting multiple times Restarting pc Restarting modem / router Unpluging repluging ethernet cable Netsh + Ipconfig commands in powershell Disabling anti virus +...
  8. Ethernet connection issues

Ethernet connection issues: Greetings, I have a big Ethernet issue when turning my computer on or getting it out of sleep. It just doesn't want to connect, unless I go to : Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Centre > Change adapter setting > Ethernet > Diagnose. The...
  9. Ethernet connection issue...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet connection issue...: Hello. I have a laptop for school that connects via wifi and a pc that connects via ethernet. 2 days ago, my pc wouldn't get any internet connection, but if I connect my laptop to the ethernet, it would work. What could be the issue and what's the possible fix? submitted by...
  10. Issues with ethernet connection.

Issues with ethernet connection.: Hello, I am having some problems with my ethernet connection. Hovering over network icon on the taskbar displays "Not connected - No connections are available. I have noticed the connection has stopped working after my computer shut down unexpectingly. I found out in the...