Windows 10: Windows Reducing volume in my games when others are voice chatting

Discus and support Windows Reducing volume in my games when others are voice chatting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey guys. I've been having an issue where something is reducing my headphone output when playing games when I'm chatting with someone in discord.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by patrickisfrench, Nov 9, 2018.

1. patrickisfrench Win User

Windows Reducing volume in my games when others are voice chatting

hey guys. I've been having an issue where something is reducing my headphone output when playing games when I'm chatting with someone in discord. here's some info/ troubleshooting i've done.

• it only happens when the other person talks
    • i have attenuation in discord off
    • in windows sound settings > communications > i have "do nothing" selected
    • i have a sound blaster ae5, pcie sound card
    • i have sound blaster connect 2 software installed selected is "headphones 7.1" from sound config options, and my amp gain is set to proper ohms for my headset (Sennheiser PC Game Zero)
    • i am running windows 10 pro, 1803 64 bit all other drivers are up to date
    • in windows sound settings > playback > speakers > properties > advanced.. i've tried turning off 'exclusive mode' settings and 'enable audio enchancements'
    • game being used for testing is call of duty: black ops 4
    hoping someone has seen this and has a fix. multiplayer modes are near unplayable with the audio pinging back and forth with friends trying to make callouts

:)

patrickisfrench, Nov 9, 2018
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

360 Voice Chat Question

That's a little disappointing. I have no trouble having conversations on ventrilo or skype while gaming on my PC. You would think MS would include a feature like they do with Windows where your game volume reduces to a set level when voice communications come in.

OrbitzXT, Nov 9, 2018
  3. HookeyStreet Win User
    360 Voice Chat Question

But when your using Ventrilo etc, I take it your using an headset???? Which would mean your getting game audio and voice audio through the headphones on the headset???? You can do this with the 360 by getting a 3rd party stereo headset. What your doing with the 360 seems kind of strange anyway. I couldnt imagine playing a team based game like Call Of Duty and having to shout out orders at a mic on the Kinect *Wtf :wtf:

MS used to give you an headset for chat with the console, but it seems you dont get it with the 4GB (but you do with the 250GB) *Frown Windows Reducing volume in my games when others are voice chatting :(

PS: like I said, once you have an headset, official (chat audio only) or 3rd party (ingame + chat audio) you can change the audio level for the game and voice seperately anyway.

HookeyStreet, Nov 9, 2018
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

360 Voice Chat Question

No I don't use a headset with Vent or Skype while gaming on my PC. It's not a problem because of the Communications settings where you can reduce volume of other sounds when Windows detects communications activity. I was hoping the 360 had something similar considering the feature is in Windows.

OrbitzXT, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Reducing volume in my games when others are voice chatting - Similar Threads - Reducing volume games

2. Windows Reducing volume in my games when others are voice chatting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Reducing volume in my games when others are voice chatting: hey guys. I've been having an issue where something is reducing my headphone output when playing games when I'm chatting with someone in discord. here's some info/ troubleshooting i've done. it only happens when the other person talks i have attenuation in discord off in...
  3. Can't hear anyone voice chat in any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't hear anyone voice chat in any game: Hi, i am having a problem with my new laptop (dell insprion 15 7657). Now sure this is hardware or software issue, but in any game that i have tested: Rainbow six siege, foxhole, i can't just get my mate's voice chat. But the game's sound is still working perfectly. I also...
  4. Sound; communication; communication activity; reduce the volume of other sounds by 80% =...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound; communication; communication activity; reduce the volume of other sounds by 80% =...: To whom it may concern, using the latest Windows build 10, using the latest version of Skype, using Logitech gaming wireless headset. Using Skype quite heavily to make calls, like to have music playing in the background in between calls etc. for some reason for about six...
  5. Voice Recorder slowing down my voice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Recorder slowing down my voice: Whenever I try to record audio using the voice record software it always slows down my voice. If I record for 1 hour and 10 minutes it'll say I was recording for 1 hour and 17 minutes. Why does this happen and/or how do I make it stop....
  6. chat headset for chat & game audio through speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chat headset for chat & game audio through speakers: I have a chat headset plugged into my wireless Xbox One controller. With Steam and Windows settings, how can I have game chat go to the headset while game audio goes to speakers? 49272
  7. How to block messages from a group chat on Google Voice?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to block messages from a group chat on Google Voice?: I'm receiving messages from a group chat on Google Voice, and I don't know how to block the conversation. I don't have any other phone and Google Voice is the main service I use to communicate with people, so I'm not sure why I have to keep receiving messages from a group...
  8. Audio popping from videos and voice chat software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio popping from videos and voice chat software: As the description says, I am getting some audio popping/crackling from internet videos (html5, flash etc.) and voice chat programs like skype or razer comms. I play a lot of games and there doesn't seem to be any popping into game audio. I will say that I've been looking...
  9. How to reduce the volume of Win messages?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reduce the volume of Win messages?: How can one reduce the volume (without effecting the volume of other sounds) of the sound playing when messages occur like this one [img] at the bottom right side? Using the sound mixer (or whatever it is called) does not work, the "Systemsounds" slider (set to "0")...
  10. Windows Muting All Voice Chat Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Muting All Voice Chat Programs: Greetings everyone! Windows noob here. I recently built a very nice computer to use for streaming on twitch. I have everything working great except one issue. All my in game voice chats and even 3rd party programs (discord) will eventually mute or disconnect? I'm not sure...