Windows 10: Windows Reducing volume in my games when others are voice chatting

Discus and support Windows Reducing volume in my games when others are voice chatting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hey guys. I've been having an issue where something is reducing my headphone output when playing games when I'm chatting with someone in discord.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by patrickisfrench, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Windows Reducing volume in my games when others are voice chatting

hey guys. I've been having an issue where something is reducing my headphone output when playing games when I'm chatting with someone in discord. here's some info/ troubleshooting i've done.

• it only happens when the other person talks
    • i have attenuation in discord off
    • in windows sound settings > communications > i have "do nothing" selected
    • i have a sound blaster ae5, pcie sound card
    • i have sound blaster connect 2 software installed selected is "headphones 7.1" from sound config options, and my amp gain is set to proper ohms for my headset (Sennheiser PC Game Zero)
    • i am running windows 10 pro, 1803 64 bit all other drivers are up to date
    • in windows sound settings > playback > speakers > properties > advanced.. i've tried turning off 'exclusive mode' settings and 'enable audio enchancements'
    • game being used for testing is call of duty: black ops 4
    hoping someone has seen this and has a fix. multiplayer modes are near unplayable with the audio pinging back and forth with friends trying to make callouts

:)

patrickisfrench, Nov 9, 2018
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

360 Voice Chat Question

That's a little disappointing. I have no trouble having conversations on ventrilo or skype while gaming on my PC. You would think MS would include a feature like they do with Windows where your game volume reduces to a set level when voice communications come in.

OrbitzXT, Nov 9, 2018
  3. 360 Voice Chat Question

But when your using Ventrilo etc, I take it your using an headset???? Which would mean your getting game audio and voice audio through the headphones on the headset???? You can do this with the 360 by getting a 3rd party stereo headset. What your doing with the 360 seems kind of strange anyway. I couldnt imagine playing a team based game like Call Of Duty and having to shout out orders at a mic on the Kinect *Wtf :wtf:

MS used to give you an headset for chat with the console, but it seems you dont get it with the 4GB (but you do with the 250GB) *Frown Windows Reducing volume in my games when others are voice chatting :(

PS: like I said, once you have an headset, official (chat audio only) or 3rd party (ingame + chat audio) you can change the audio level for the game and voice seperately anyway.

HookeyStreet, Nov 9, 2018
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Windows Reducing volume in my games when others are voice chatting

360 Voice Chat Question

No I don't use a headset with Vent or Skype while gaming on my PC. It's not a problem because of the Communications settings where you can reduce volume of other sounds when Windows detects communications activity. I was hoping the 360 had something similar considering the feature is in Windows.

OrbitzXT, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows Reducing volume in my games when others are voice chatting

1. Windows Reducing volume in my games when others are voice chatting - Similar Threads - Reducing volume games

2. Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats: I work online and have voice chats almost everyday. I use Windows 10 on my Dell Inspirion 5570 laptop for work and use my website for work to make have voice chats. Whenever I'm in a voice call, whether it be for work or even on Discord for fun, the volume of my microphones...
  3. Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats: I work online and have voice chats almost everyday. I use Windows 10 on my Dell Inspirion 5570 laptop for work and use my website for work to make have voice chats. Whenever I'm in a voice call, whether it be for work or even on Discord for fun, the volume of my microphones...
  4. Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox game bar crashes when starting a voice chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar crashes when starting a voice chat: As the title says, whenever I start a voice chat, or try to, the whole app crashes. I've watched some vids on youtube and google hasn't helped either. Terminated the app, restarted the app, uninstalled and reinstalled... nothing works....
  6. Xbox game bar crashes when starting a voice chat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar crashes when starting a voice chat: As the title says, whenever I start a voice chat, or try to, the whole app crashes. I've watched some vids on youtube and google hasn't helped either. Terminated the app, restarted the app, uninstalled and reinstalled... nothing works....
  7. Voice Chat does not Work in Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice Chat does not Work in Game: I have a 32 gigs of ram and a IntelR CoreTM i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz CPU with an Asus Z170-A motherboard. I have a corsair HS60 pro headset. My drivers are all up to date. I have an ethernet with 100 down. When I'm in a game, I just have the game and discord up. Whenever I am...
  8. Voice chat not working in game bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Voice chat not working in game bar: I have tried every fix I can find and I am so frustrated with this. Over 4 hours of troubleshooting and nothing. Iphelper service running. After over an hour, teredo looks good in setting. Mic works with every other app. Privacy setting is on and shows the last time that the...
  9. No sound Only when Voice chat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound Only when Voice chat: Um... I got this problem when my friend using discord to chat with me when I connect to the app my friend said that they heard me loud and clear but from my side I didn't hear a thing so I disconnect the voice chat and try open some music and youtube it work perfectly and I...
  10. Windows Reducing volume in my games when others are voice chatting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Reducing volume in my games when others are voice chatting: hey guys. I've been having an issue where something is reducing my headphone output when playing games when I'm chatting with someone in discord. here's some info/ troubleshooting i've done. it only happens when the other person talks i have attenuation in discord off in...