Windows 10: Windows refresh on SSD and now i can access my hard drive

Discus and support Windows refresh on SSD and now i can access my hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey Basically i refreshed my windows on my SSD because it was getting full so I figured a refresh to fully clear it would be beneficial. So I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nath2468, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Nath2468 Win User

Windows refresh on SSD and now i can access my hard drive

Hey

Basically i refreshed my windows on my SSD because it was getting full so I figured a refresh to fully clear it would be beneficial. So I went through with it and refreshed windows but now I can't boot into my hard drive. I can only get into my SSD. My hard drive still shows up on my disk management and its still there on my BIOS(it shows up as SATAg6 for some reason) and on this PC but I have no way of booting into it. I've made the hard drive priority boot from the BIOS and I've been looking online for hours and it seems I'm the only one with this problem. If you need more details i'll be checking the thread regularly.

Thanks

:)

Nath2468, Mar 17, 2019
  2. $immond$ Win User

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Mar 17, 2019
  3. little cat, Mar 17, 2019
  4. DannibusX Win User

Accessing a Hard Drive...

...from a dead laptop.

My girlfriend's laptop recently s**t the bed, and she has a lot of photos she would like to retrieve from it. I used a USB to IDE cable to try, but it's a no go. Her drive has Windows XP Home on it, and my system has Win7 x64. The computer recognizes the drive, but it wants me to initialize it, which I think may format it.

I don't know if it's formatted FAT32 or NTFS. Are there any suggestions on accessing the drive to pull all this data off of it?

DannibusX, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows refresh on SSD and now i can access my hard drive - Similar Threads - refresh SSD access

2. I can't access installed programs on my SSD External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access installed programs on my SSD External Hard Drive: I own a laptop with Windows 10, on which I use an external 1TB SSD hard drive. I've always installed all my programs on this drive, and it has worked properly for the past few years. However, today, out of nowhere, those programs became inaccessible. I can open files videos,...
  3. I can't access installed programs on my SSD External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access installed programs on my SSD External Hard Drive: I own a laptop with Windows 10, on which I use an external 1TB SSD hard drive. I've always installed all my programs on this drive, and it has worked properly for the past few years. However, today, out of nowhere, those programs became inaccessible. I can open files videos,...
  4. I can't access installed programs on my SSD External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. hard drive/ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hard drive/ssd: why do hard drive/ssd die https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drivessd/386ba5f0-2726-4c8e-a7a5-286c626dd32a
  6. hard drive/ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive/ssd: why do hard drive/ssd die https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drivessd/386ba5f0-2726-4c8e-a7a5-286c626dd32a
  7. hard drive/ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Trouble Accessing Hard Drive After Migration to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble Accessing Hard Drive After Migration to SSD: So about a month ago, I migrated my entire hard drive to an SSD, and apparently for the last month, it has been using the hard drive instead of the SSD to do everything. Today I took apart my computer to clean a bunch of parts out and I decided to not plug in my hard drive,...
  9. SSD hard drive

SSD hard drive: I purchased a new laptop HP and I noticed that the SSD is one so I am wondering how to divide the 256 GBs into two or three partitions OF 50 GBs or 100 GBs with my thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-hard-drive/060a0f8b-4f4a-45ad-8d00-78a5e869a90a
  10. my external hard drive is not accessible. how can I open it?

my external hard drive is not accessible. how can I open it?: My external hard drive comes as F drive but is not accessible how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-hard-drive-is-not-accessible-how-can-i/7761ef30-c4ee-4f6b-b812-ea3a52561470

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Refresh an SSD