Windows 10: Windows refused to mount Windows in Hibernated state

Discus and support Windows refused to mount Windows in Hibernated state in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks Those of you trying to mount Windows partition on a Linux VM (or Host) and you get a message :Mounting volume... Windows is hibernated,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, May 28, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows refused to mount Windows in Hibernated state

Hi folks Those of you trying to mount Windows partition on a Linux VM (or Host) and you get a message :Mounting volume... Windows is hibernated, refused to mount. FAILED To fix (although you will lose anything in the hiberfile.sys --I don't hibernate Windows in any case so not bothered) simply type : sudo ntfs-3g -o remove_hiberfile /dev/sda4 /mnt/DV3 where /dev/sda4 is windows partition (the "C" drive) and /mnt/DV3 is the mount point you want to mount the Windows partition on. Now you have read / write access again and all working. Cheers jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 28, 2020
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi folks
    Those of you trying to mount Windows partition on a Linux VM (or Host) and you get a message :Mounting volume... Windows is hibernated, refused to mount.
    FAILED

To fix (although you will lose anything in the hiberfile.sys --I don't hibernate Windows in any case so not bothered)

simply type : sudo ntfs-3g -o remove_hiberfile /dev/sda4 /mnt/DV3 where /dev/sda4 is windows partition (the "C" drive) and /mnt/DV3 is the mount point you want to mount the Windows partition on.

Now you have read / write access again and all working.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 29, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 29, 2020
  4. Windows refused to mount Windows in Hibernated state

Windows 7 Lover's Club: For Those Who Like Windows 7 As Opposed To Windows 8

Description:
    • For anyone who likes Windows 7 as opposed to Windows 8 and wants to keep Windows 7 and not upgrade to Windows 8.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Love or Like Windows 7 much more than Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows refused to mount Windows in Hibernated state - Similar Threads - refused mount Hibernated

2. My laptop refuse to hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop refuse to hibernate: Good day, my laptop refuse to hibernate after resetting my laptop with reset factory. How can i fix this. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-refuse-to-hibernate/fd886d6f-f83f-482a-8fdc-32f0d4eacab4
  3. My laptop refuse to hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop refuse to hibernate: Good day, my laptop refuse to hibernate after resetting my laptop with reset factory. How can i fix this. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-refuse-to-hibernate/fd886d6f-f83f-482a-8fdc-32f0d4eacab4
  4. My laptop refuse to hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. hibernation turned on, at times, my laptop refuses to hibernate

hibernation turned on, at times, my laptop refuses to hibernate: Nice thread. While I have hibernation turned on, at times, my laptop refuses to hibernate. I've read there may be apps that can influence whether I can hibernate my PC. Is there an easy way to identify which apps have this annoying "feature" so I can either disable or...
  6. Windows 10 crashing into a permanent hibernation state not recoverable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 crashing into a permanent hibernation state not recoverable.: Hey there, Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as myself. Over the last couple of weeks, my windows 10 pc has been randomly dropping into hibernation mode. This is permanent until I restart. Nothing can break this hibernation state. Not even control, alt,...
  7. How To Rescue 'Unclean File System', 'Refuses to Mount' Disk?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Rescue 'Unclean File System', 'Refuses to Mount' Disk?: My win10 system stopped again. It just wouldn't boot into it. I tried Kyhi and it wouldn't boot into it, either. I tried a win10 rescue disk and it wouldn't boot into it, either. So I removed the disk - the system disk, of course, is what I'm talking about, all other disks...
  8. Windows PC refuses to go to sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows PC refuses to go to sleep or hibernate: Hi! I recently built a new pc with Asus Prime X470-PRO and AMD Ryzen 3600x but I used a disk from my old pc, (Asus H97M-E, Intel i7-4790) and everything seems to be working fine except when I want for computer to go to sleep (or hibernate) it just turns of screen but...
  9. System will not go into hibernate state from sleep state

System will not go into hibernate state from sleep state: There is a issue on my system, my power setting as below. when my system was in sleep state, I found it would be awakened to desktop instead of went into hibernate state after 180 minutes. If I disable the RTC wake support for hibernate,the system could went into hibernate...
  10. BSOD Resuming from hibernation state

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Resuming from hibernation state: Widows 10 1709 - just powered up from hibernation, instant blue screen. This is one particular instance of several blue screen experienced on several devices - not all happening at hibernation resume but hoping someone might have some insight. Thanks! 120259