Windows 10: Windows refused to run programs

Discus and support Windows refused to run programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Today I can't run certain programs when i clicked them from the task bar such as the Firefox browser. There was a text box message that said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by janesach, Jun 10, 2020.

1. janesach Win User

Windows refused to run programs

Hi,

Today I can't run certain programs when i clicked them from the task bar such as the Firefox browser. There was a text box message that said "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe.' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again"

This issue also affect other programs such as the Microsoft Edge.

How can I fix this problem? It just popped up from nowhere.

Thanks

jane

:)

janesach, Jun 10, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Stevekir Win User
    Program refuses to be uninstalled

Bitdefender (an anti-virus program) is giving me trouble. After running for a week it gave trouble (refused to accept my sign-in details and even a new attempt to register under new details). It refuses to run and it keeps in asking me to re-install it, which I do but I get into the same loop again.

I have tried Windows 10's uninstall control panel but I repeatedly get a window, presumably from Bitdefender, giving me info on how to complete installation (which includes a restart). Bitdefender continues to be listed in CP "Programs and Features".

How can I get rid of this troublesome program? Is there a brute force method?

Thanks.

Stevekir, Jun 10, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

2 programs refuse to run

I just reformatted my computer, got all the updates, havn't tweakws anything except making everything look and be arranged the way I want (there is no system tweaking), only turning off that retarded language bar and disabling the indexing service, and not even through services.msc or msconfig, I right-clicked on my C:\ drive, went to properties, and un-checked indexing. Yet, systool and regcleaner refuse to cooperate. Systool crashes as soon as it opens and I get this:

Windows refused to run programs [​IMG]

Regcleaner, however, just never appears, but appears in my process list:

Windows refused to run programs [​IMG]

Operating system is Windows XP Home Edition as seen in my specs, and yes it is legitimate.

Thema:

1. Windows refused to run programs - Similar Threads - refused run programs

2. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs refuse to open: Ok so, I've been having this issue for a while now and I have no idea what is happening. So far. for a couple of my programs refuse to open. Whether I double click on them, run as administrator, make shortcuts. etc. I've tried everything but they refuse to open. They do not...
  3. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs refuse to open: Ok so, I've been having this issue for a while now and I have no idea what is happening. So far. for a couple of my programs refuse to open. Whether I double click on them, run as administrator, make shortcuts. etc. I've tried everything but they refuse to open. They do not...
  4. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Program refusing to shut down

Program refusing to shut down: Good afternoon,Recently Windows 11 has been installed over Windows 10 on my laptop and unfortunately I am left with a problem whereby I cannot get a photo viewer Breezebrowser to shut down. Also, Windows 11 is not responding to rolling back to Windows 10 or shutting down.I...
  6. Program refusing to lose focus.

Program refusing to lose focus.: Hello, I run a small business, we have a pc for receiving orders. We have 2 main programs running, lets say A and B. When an order is received at program A and program B is on focus, the B should normally minimize as the A comes to foreground notifying for the new order. The...
  7. Windows 10 S refuses to run driver updates programs from manufacturer!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 S refuses to run driver updates programs from manufacturer!: I want to update the most recent device drivers for my small laptop (notebook with only 28 GB hard-disk storage total; around 10 GB free space) from the manufacturer's web site (ASUS) for Windows 10 (with the proper model number) but after downloading them (one by one),...
  8. VMware refuses to run Windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware refuses to run Windows 10: I have been trying to run Windows 10 on Vmware Player on the latest insider build but I keep running into this error: [img] I have played about with Group Policy to change the status of Device Guard but the error still appears. 134369
  9. Windows Defender refusing to run properly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender refusing to run properly: I clean installed Creators Update last Sunday and Defender was running fine until today. It refuses to turn on when I press the Turn on Windows Defender Antivirus button in settings. [img] After I've pressed the button, it takes me to this screen: [img]...
  10. Program refuses to be uninstalled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Program refuses to be uninstalled: Bitdefender (an anti-virus program) is giving me trouble. After running for a week it gave trouble (refused to accept my sign-in details and even a new attempt to register under new details). It refuses to run and it keeps in asking me to re-install it, which I do but I get...