Windows 10: Windows Refuses To Activate - Nagging "Activate Windows" Overlay - Unable to Change Settings

Discus and support Windows Refuses To Activate - Nagging "Activate Windows" Overlay - Unable to Change Settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows Updates ruined my PC once again and I had to reinstall from scratch. Because it's Microsoft, reinstalling your operating system is no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brady.1, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Brady.1 Win User

Windows Refuses To Activate - Nagging "Activate Windows" Overlay - Unable to Change Settings

Windows Updates ruined my PC once again and I had to reinstall from scratch.

Because it's Microsoft, reinstalling your operating system is no longer a reliable method of getting up and running again even as a last resort option, because they've found yet another way to screw over their customers and shove invasive "features" down our throats.

For example, this time around (even though I used the same exact install media as I've use previously with NO ISSUE) Windows is refusing to activate, has a huge "ACTIVATE WINDOWS" screen-overlay at the bottom-left and corner which obscures anything running, and is preventing me from making even the most basic of personalization changes (such as unlocking the taskbar).

Windows, helpful as always, suggests that run the "Activation Troubleshooter". Upon doing so, it reports that it FOUND a valid license for "Windows Home N" and tells me I need to install Windows Home N in order to activate it... but, that IS WHAT I HAVE INSTALLED.

Which work-around needs to happen *this time* in order for me to use my PAID PRODUCT KEY for this miserable product?

:)

Brady.1, Jan 11, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

3. Windows Vista Activation

I have 4 sytems in my home running vista(1 ult.-3 prem).The ultimate & 1 premium took SP1
    wthout a hitch.1 premium required re-activation?,The other premium did not list SP1 in windows up-date,So i manually installed it without any re-activation required.
    Also have to add that SP1 has increased performance in every comp.The ultimate machine actually got a 1,100 point increase in 3d 06 without any other changes at all.

GREASEMONKEY, Jan 11, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Windows Refuses To Activate - Nagging "Activate Windows" Overlay - Unable to Change Settings

Windows activation . . .

In the Windows activation status page is it still showing as activated, or do you have something like 3 days to do it in?

qubit, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Refuses To Activate - Nagging "Activate Windows" Overlay - Unable to Change Settings - Similar Threads - Refuses Activate Nagging

2. Can't activate windows, changed hardware and it refuses to work.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate windows, changed hardware and it refuses to work.: So I changed all hardware on my computer, before that I got my windows key using the vbs script that displays the key.I deactivated my old hardware and moved the HD to the new computer, now it refuses to activate, says my serial is invalid the serial I was using 2 days...
  3. Can't activate windows, changed hardware and it refuses to work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate windows, changed hardware and it refuses to work.: So I changed all hardware on my computer, before that I got my windows key using the vbs script that displays the key.I deactivated my old hardware and moved the HD to the new computer, now it refuses to activate, says my serial is invalid the serial I was using 2 days...
  4. Can't activate windows, changed hardware and it refuses to work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 refuses to activate?

Windows 10 refuses to activate?: Good afternoon, Microsoft Community. I'm Chris, and I have a Lenovo Ideapad 120S-11IAP running Windows 10 10856 November Update - NU, which don't ask me to update, as I'm doing something about the version that I'm on right now. But it was activated and everything was...
  6. Activate Windows...Unable to Activate

Activate Windows...Unable to Activate: A few days ago I installed a brand new drive into my, now almost, 4-5 year old computer. I was told I wouldn't have any problem with me changing out the drive...according to several links on Windows.com, family members who work with computers, and friends who also work with...
  7. Windows refuses to activate

Windows refuses to activate: Hello, i bought windows 10 key from a friend, about a month ago. Right away i checked if it worked, and it did (showed as windows 10 Home edition, valid key). It was unused for about a month. Last week, i tried installing windows 10 on my laptop. Everything worked fine, i...
  8. Windows Activation refuses to activate.

Windows Activation refuses to activate.: A few weeks ago, I rebuilt my computer from the ground up. Everything is new - except my HDD from my prior computer that had Windows activated, but that computer was pre-built so it used a digital license. Whenever I try to activate, I immediately get a '0xC004F211.' I go...
  9. Windows 10 refuses to re-activate after a hardware change.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 refuses to re-activate after a hardware change.: I recently rebuilt most of my computer from the ground up, keeping only the Hard Drive from my previous build. I then reinstalled Windows 10 Pro (Same version I have a digital license for tied to my account, wanted a clean install because of the new drivers/etc.) and tried to...
  10. Activation Error after HW change - Unable to activate windows

Activation Error after HW change - Unable to activate windows: Hi, 3 days ago I update my HW (MB, CPU, RAM & SSD), so after reinstalling all drivers and after couples of reboots I was awaited by this message on desktop "Activate Windows, go to setting and activate windows." so I do that I go to "Settings/Update & Security/Activation"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows refusing to activate after installing a dvd driver

2. windows refusing to activate digital license