Windows 10: Windows Refuses to Boot After BSOD

Discus and support Windows Refuses to Boot After BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having various different BSOds for several days. In that time I've had IRQL_IS_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexWroniak, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Windows Refuses to Boot After BSOD

I've been having various different BSOds for several days. In that time I've had IRQL_IS_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, ATTEMPTED_EXECTUTE_ON_NONEXECUTE_MEMORY,and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. As they all seemed driver related I mass upgraded I drivers I could, and that solved the issue for a while. For most of yesterday I didn't get any BSOD until I got one saying DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER. After that Windows refuses to boot. It's just stuck at the Windows logo and the spinning circle thing. I can however still boot into safe mode. So far I've tried running the PC with just the main drive, using startup repair, using startup repair with the repair USB, and with both it said it couldn't fix the issue. I've ran sfc /scannow and it returned no issues, I've ran memtests and they returned no issues, I uninstalling Windows quality updates and that didn't help, tried uninstalling latest feature updates but it wouldn't let me, and tried restoring from latest restore point but it also wouldn't let me. There's probably a few more things I've forgotten. So any ideas on what to do?

:)

AlexWroniak, Apr 23, 2020

2. ughhh! BSOD on boot

I guess my computer BSOD on boot right before getting to windows. not sure what the problem is though, everything is stable.

It gave me a list of two files in windows that could have caused the problems

MxPhenom 216, Apr 23, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 23, 2020
  4. auggy Win User

Windows Refuses to Boot After BSOD

BSOD during boot every other time

The Event Logs did not show any evidence of BSODs so they may not even be recorded in the Event Viewer.

At this point I might suggest to try a clean boot, restart the computer a few times, and see if the same BSODs occur:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Follow the steps for Windows 8.1. Windows Key + S opens Search

auggy, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Refuses to Boot After BSOD

1. Windows Refuses to Boot After BSOD - Similar Threads - Refuses Boot BSOD

2. Disk keeps disappearing with BSOD and Windows refuses to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk keeps disappearing with BSOD and Windows refuses to boot: I have bought a Laptop called LG gram two years ago, and I have been using it with no problems until May. I have experienced KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with 0xEF error code. I have booted into Windows PE, and I could not find any disk / partitions with...
  3. Disk keeps disappearing with BSOD and Windows refuses to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk keeps disappearing with BSOD and Windows refuses to boot: I have bought a Laptop called LG gram two years ago, and I have been using it with no problems until May. I have experienced KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with 0xEF error code. I have booted into Windows PE, and I could not find any disk / partitions with...
  4. After BSoD Headset refuses to output sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After BSoD Headset refuses to output sound.: I randomly got a Blue Screen error while gaming with some friends, and after it updated Windows my headset no longer has sound. To be clear the mic works completely fine, apps like discord pick it up normally. I've tried about everything mentioned online including...
  5. After BSoD Headset refuses to output sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After BSoD Headset refuses to output sound.: I randomly got a Blue Screen error while gaming with some friends, and after it updated Windows my headset no longer has sound. To be clear the mic works completely fine, apps like discord pick it up normally. I've tried about everything mentioned online including...
  6. After BSoD Headset refuses to output sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Computer refuses to boot into Windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer refuses to boot into Windows.: I will have to recap my entire situation: Apparently a week ago there was a power outage, as my PC (still functional at that time) was still on. As I turned on my PC, it would never boot into windows, but instead send me to the bios, where I was suggested to play around...
  8. Computer refuses to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer refuses to boot: My computer turns on and then reboots before it gets to the windows boot screen and continues doing that until it is shut down. Before that I had a BSOD and then it restarted and started automatic repairs. It rebooted and there is the problem it does not boot. The BSOD said...
  9. Windows refuses to boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows refuses to boot up: Whenever I try to boot up my laptop,this pops up: log file E:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt I don't know what the issue stems from or if/how to fix it.Does anybody know?...
  10. Refusal to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Refusal to boot: I first tried to install Windows 10 to a new ssd in a system with a hard drive that already has windows 8.1 on it. After the install it booted to the flash drive that had the install on it again. I removed that and it failed to boot. I cannot select the ssd in the boot device...