Windows 10: windows refuses to detect microphone

Discus and support windows refuses to detect microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my laptop runs windows 10, when i first got my headest it would bring up a box that asked what device (my headset) was. i accidentally misclicked and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mehemynx, Jan 4, 2019.

1. mehemynx Win User

windows refuses to detect microphone

my laptop runs windows 10, when i first got my headest it would bring up a box that asked what device (my headset) was. i accidentally misclicked and it now cannot find my headsets microphone and i have no idea how to undo this... also in an effort to try to fix it i uninstalled the driver for my laptops built in mic as well

:)

mehemynx, Jan 4, 2019

2. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Jan 4, 2019
  3. External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

my condensor microphone is not being detected by windows 10

Hi,

To clarify the issue, have you checked the compatibility of the microphone to Windows 10? You can check if the microphone driver is available in the Device Manager or not by following these steps:

• Go to Search bar.
    • Type devmgmt.msc then hit Enter.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs.
    • Check if microphone driver is available.

We also suggest performing a clean boot to check if there are software conflicts that can cause the issue.

If you need further help, don't hesitate to reply on this post.

Anne Ros, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. windows refuses to detect microphone - Similar Threads - refuses detect microphone

2. No microphones are detected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No microphones are detected.: When I connect my headphones to my laptop, the microphone is not detected by the system. I tried to test it in the settings but the device wasn't even on the list. I tested the headphones on my phone and everything worked fine. Also, the default laptop microphone doesn't work...
  3. No microphones are detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No microphones are detected.: When I connect my headphones to my laptop, the microphone is not detected by the system. I tried to test it in the settings but the device wasn't even on the list. I tested the headphones on my phone and everything worked fine. Also, the default laptop microphone doesn't work...
  4. Microphone is not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is not detected: I have a 1 year old laptop. And it doesn't have any issues since then. I'm just surprised that when I attended my online meeting, the microphone is no longer detected. This microphone is built in and all drivers are all updated. What to do?...
  5. Microphone is not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is not detected: I have a 1 year old laptop. And it doesn't have any issues since then. I'm just surprised that when I attended my online meeting, the microphone is no longer detected. This microphone is built in and all drivers are all updated. What to do?...
  6. Windows not detecting microphone

Windows not detecting microphone: Yesterday I noticed that Windows does not detect the built-in microphone of my 2in1 tablet, even though it had been working properly before that. I tried to connect mobile-phone earphones with small built-in microphone and this was not detected either....
  7. Microphone Not Detected

Microphone Not Detected: I had clicked "Do not show this again" on the pop-up that said "Which device did you plug in?" whenever I plugged something into the audio jack on my Dell laptop. Now, it is defaulted to headphones when I need it to detect a headset and mic, but I can't change it because the...
  8. Microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not detected: I've been having problems with my microphone when I plug it into the computer. It's not detecting any sound at all. I've done all the updates for both Windows and the audio drivers, and have swapped earpieces to double confirm. I have checked permissions and Microphone...
  9. Microphone not detected

Microphone not detected: I've just bought a microphone for recording vocals for songs, and it works with my amp, or any other audio device but not with my laptop. It has a 6.3mm jack however I bought an adapter. I plugged it in the microphone/headphone slot, and the laptop/Windows doesn't detect it....
  10. Microphone is not detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone is not detected: I have a mic connected with a 3.5 mm jack of my gaming PC on Windows 10. It doesn’t work. When I checked the input device settings, I saw that my PC couldn’t detect the mic. What settings do I have to make?...