Windows 10: Windows registers HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input

Discus and support Windows registers HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently got a new PC, the Dell Optiplex 7050, that has the standard integrated Intel HD 530 graphics. I have it connected via HDMI to my HDTV, as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Drexpockets, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Windows registers HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input

I recently got a new PC, the Dell Optiplex 7050, that has the standard integrated Intel HD 530 graphics. I have it connected via HDMI to my HDTV, as I had done with my old PC, and the picture works fine with no issues. One thing I noticed, however, was that every time I would turn my HDTV on or whenever I would change the source input to something else, like regular TV or my PlayStation, and then return it back to my PC, it would make a notification input sound like when you plug in a USB and act as if it were just plugged in. Aside from the annoying sound effect every time I switched bac

:)

Drexpockets, Aug 11, 2022

2. How to change the MB without having to reinstall windows ???

Suggestion

Before you turn off Windows for the last time prior to changing MBs, go to Device Manager and delete everything you can, with no mercy, especially the items under "System devices".
    Then next time you boot (after changing MBs hopefully), Windows will re-install everything again, but this time according to the new hardware.
    Works quite well... Good luck!

stereotype, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Windows 10 changes primary display to HDTV

I updated this a week ago saying the solution did not work . Also added that HDTV is not always on so the PC monitor could be display 1 or 2 . I also updated my original post saying this .

Alistair and Angela Rattray, Aug 11, 2022
  4. John Sarc Win User

Windows registers HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

Windows registers HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input

1. Windows registers HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input - Similar Threads - registers HDTV device

2. Change source from TV to input jacks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change source from TV to input jacks.: On Windows XP media center edition 2005. I am trying to change the source from the TV tuner to one of the RCA input jacks. But my remote doesn't have a Source button, and I can't find any controls in the software to change the Source. Anybody know how?...
  3. Change source from TV to input jacks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change source from TV to input jacks.: On Windows XP media center edition 2005. I am trying to change the source from the TV tuner to one of the RCA input jacks. But my remote doesn't have a Source button, and I can't find any controls in the software to change the Source. Anybody know how?...
  4. Windows 11 Input Device volume automatically lowering every time

Windows 11 Input Device volume automatically lowering every time: On Windows 11 every time I connect my headset to the PC usually I use speakers, but put on a hs if I have a call Windows automatically turns it down to 50-ish level which makes me really quiet. So I open Settings>System>Sound and adjust the general input volume to 100 + I...
  5. Windows 11 Input Device volume automatically lowering every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Input Device volume automatically lowering every time: On Windows 11 every time I connect my headset to the PC usually I use speakers, but put on a hs if I have a call Windows automatically turns it down to 50-ish level which makes me really quiet. So I open Settings>System>Sound and adjust the general input volume to 100 + I...
  6. Windows seems to register HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows seems to register HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input: I recently got a new PC, the Dell Optiplex 7050, that has the standard integrated Intel HD 530 graphics. I have it connected via HDMI to my HDTV, as I had done with my old PC, and the picture works fine with no issues. One thing I noticed, however, was that every time I would...
  7. Windows seems to register HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows seems to register HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input: I recently got a new PC, the Dell Optiplex 7050, that has the standard integrated Intel HD 530 graphics. I have it connected via HDMI to my HDTV, as I had done with my old PC, and the picture works fine with no issues. One thing I noticed, however, was that every time I would...
  8. Windows seems to register HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input

9. Change Input (Mic) Source When Changing Audio Source?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Input (Mic) Source When Changing Audio Source?: Hi there, I often switch between my speakers and my headset throughout the day. When I change the audio source of my speakers, how can I make it set the default mic as my webcam and when I change the audio source to my headset how can I make it choose my headset mic instead?...
  10. Windows registers TV as new device every time I put the TV on. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows registers TV as new device every time I put the TV on. Any ideas?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kirkoid [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/igwh4j/windows_registers_tv_as_new_device_every_time_i/