Windows 10: Windows registers TV as new device every time I put the TV on. Any ideas?

Discus and support Windows registers TV as new device every time I put the TV on. Any ideas? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kirkoid [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kirkoid, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Windows registers TV as new device every time I put the TV on. Any ideas?

/u/Kirkoid, Aug 26, 2020

2. Smart TV

I have a smart TV connected to my network. It seems that every time I turn on my TV windows will list it as a new device. I regularly have to delete all these Smart TV devices, since after a period of time I can have up to 50 device listing for my TV.
    Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

SownLeader304, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Connect Samsung Smart TV to Computer

We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your PC and TV in same network.
    • Got to Start and click on Settings.
    • Open Devices and chose Connected devices from the menu on the left.
    • Click on Add a device.
    • After the wizard finished, just click on your TV and follow the instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Windows registers TV as new device every time I put the TV on. Any ideas?

Multimedia Devices under Control Panel>Devices and Printers show my DLNA TV hundreds of times

Each time the TV is turned on a new entry is added to Multimedia Devices. I have to go in and remove hundreds of "Philips TV" devices one by one every month. How do I get the TV to be registered just once and remembered?

Steven Moeller, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows registers TV as new device every time I put the TV on. Any ideas?

1. Windows registers TV as new device every time I put the TV on. Any ideas? - Similar Threads - registers device every

2. Put the draw feature back in Movies and TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Put the draw feature back in Movies and TV: There was an option for drawing on videos in the photos app at one point but it doesn't seem to be there anymore?? Theres an option for it in the films and movies app but that just opens the editor in photos which doesn't include drawing. I need this feature to do my job and...
  3. Put the draw feature back in Movies and TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Put the draw feature back in Movies and TV: There was an option for drawing on videos in the photos app at one point but it doesn't seem to be there anymore?? Theres an option for it in the films and movies app but that just opens the editor in photos which doesn't include drawing. I need this feature to do my job and...
  4. I want to set my TV's speakers for any app on the TV automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to set my TV's speakers for any app on the TV automatically: I have a monitor and a long HDMI cable connecting my TV to my computer. What I want is a way to automatically use my TV's speakers when I move a YT video or a movie onto the TV without having to manually change my audio output device....
  5. I want to set my TV's speakers for any app on the TV automatically

I want to set my TV's speakers for any app on the TV automatically: I have a monitor and a long HDMI cable connecting my TV to my computer. What I want is a way to automatically use my TV's speakers when I move a YT video or a movie onto the TV without having to manually change my audio output device....
  6. TV not appearing in Find a device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TV not appearing in Find a device.: help me pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tv-not-appearing-in-find-a-device/4c6043f0-e7a3-4607-94ad-e9130ae91128
  7. TV not appearing in Find a device.

TV not appearing in Find a device.: help me pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tv-not-appearing-in-find-a-device/4c6043f0-e7a3-4607-94ad-e9130ae91128
  8. TV not appearing in Find a device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows registers HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input

Windows registers HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input: I recently got a new PC, the Dell Optiplex 7050, that has the standard integrated Intel HD 530 graphics. I have it connected via HDMI to my HDTV, as I had done with my old PC, and the picture works fine with no issues. One thing I noticed, however, was that every time I would...
  10. no Sound on TV device mgr TV shows as media device not under sound

no Sound on TV device mgr TV shows as media device not under sound: I can cast music to my Sony Bravia XBR 65x850b tv. However when I have it as a a duplicate display sound I get on the speakers primary display does not come from the speakers on the TV. On the device manager the TV shows as a media device. However, the TV does not...