Windows 10: Windows Registry - DriveIcons

Discus and support Windows Registry - DriveIcons in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Team Recently I messed around with the registry, trying to change a drive icon for a SD card. So, I added a key to drive E like so:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by T333J, Apr 25, 2019.

1. T333J Win User

Windows Registry - DriveIcons

Dear Team

Recently I messed around with the registry, trying to change a drive icon for a SD card. So, I added a key to drive E like so: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\E

However, now, when I delete this entire E folder in the registry it will reappear after each restart. Where else is this information stored and how can I get rid of it?

Kind regards

:)

T333J, Apr 25, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 25, 2019
  3. drugo Win User
    may i know which program do you use to change icons?

hi
    very nice
    but can i use the icon too?
    at least in the video above , the author used the icons

drugo, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Windows Registry - DriveIcons

Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows Registry - DriveIcons

1. Windows Registry - DriveIcons - Similar Threads - Registry DriveIcons

2. Can not access any exe, including cmd nor registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not access any exe, including cmd nor registry: I could not access any exe filegave me the option to choose the app to open it with, so I wrote in cmd "assoc.exe=exefile" and restarted my laptop, resulting into not being able to open any app anymore, but the settings. I can not open cmd, nor task manager same thing,...
  3. Can not access any exe, including cmd nor registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not access any exe, including cmd nor registry: I could not access any exe filegave me the option to choose the app to open it with, so I wrote in cmd "assoc.exe=exefile" and restarted my laptop, resulting into not being able to open any app anymore, but the settings. I can not open cmd, nor task manager same thing,...
  4. Can not access any exe, including cmd nor registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...: Hi everybody,I have an asus tuf a 15 and recently I had issues with one of the registry keys.When I open the registry and go to the specified path the registry freezes and becomes unresponsive and I have to force close it... I have tried everything possible. I tried using...
  6. Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...: Hi everybody,I have an asus tuf a 15 and recently I had issues with one of the registry keys.When I open the registry and go to the specified path the registry freezes and becomes unresponsive and I have to force close it... I have tried everything possible. I tried using...
  7. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent: Good Afternoon,We have recently used this Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-windows-10-and-inability-to-burn-blank/145591fc-8d6b-41c0-b5e5-252ba76f2788 to resolve an issue with a few of our desktops no burning CDs. The fix works when you run...
  8. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent: Good Afternoon,We have recently used this Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-windows-10-and-inability-to-burn-blank/145591fc-8d6b-41c0-b5e5-252ba76f2788 to resolve an issue with a few of our desktops no burning CDs. The fix works when you run...
  9. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. I am getting a blue screen saying "Registry" and is not opening to go to Windows - its only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting a blue screen saying "Registry" and is not opening to go to Windows - its only...: I am getting a blue screen saying "Registry Error" and is not opening to go to Windows - its only showing blue screen. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-a-blue-screen-saying-registry-and-is/6d489540-0716-4d15-9642-bd982680999d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons

2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\ defaultlabel

3. i delete driveicons from registry bit it keeps coming back

4. windows registry driveicons,
  5. delete driveicons,
  6. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\C\DefaultIcon],
  7. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Explorer\ DriveIcons