Windows 10: Windows Registry

Discus and support Windows Registry in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to delete remains of a photoviewing program in the form of registry keys i accidently deleted a windows key and now ctfmon.exe always pops up(i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AntonioKelava, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Windows Registry

Trying to delete remains of a photoviewing program in the form of registry keys i accidently deleted a windows key and now ctfmon.exe always pops up(i had to delete them because they were making it so windows would open jpg and similar files in a non existing program that i removed) I looked for help online but found nothing, ran a scf and dsim scan and nothing, my backups folder in system32 is empty as well. Troubleshooting with advanced startup also did nothing.Any other way to fix this than reseting windows to factory state ?

:)

AntonioKelava, Oct 10, 2019

2. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Oct 10, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows Registry

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows Registry

1. Windows Registry - Similar Threads - Registry

2. "Registry Editor" system default setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Registry Editor" system default setting: I want to know how to restore system default settings of 'Registry Editor'. I just messed up with some of these settings and I don't remember exactly what I changed. So now I want to reset or restore these settings to system default (as it came with the windows) instead reset...
  3. invalid value for registry when clicking on a jpg file in explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    invalid value for registry when clicking on a jpg file in explorer: need help to resolve so I can see pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-value-for-registry-when-clicking-on-a-jpg/f6611c49-dbde-46e0-9a68-a65704f2acb8
  4. Several issues: Cannot use start menu, Blue screen, invalid registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Several issues: Cannot use start menu, Blue screen, invalid registry: I'm facing several issues right now: "Critical error: start menu not working" whenever I attempt to use the start menu Occasional blue screen saying that the issue is to do with Fslx.sys Cannot open picture documents on my desktop - "Invalid registry" Cannot reset to...
  5. Question about registry(virus?)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about registry(virus?): Hi. I recently noticed a problem with the functionality of my computer. Often, the mouse cursor somewhere "escapes" or the processes shut down themselves. I tried reinstalling the system, I scanned the system with windows defender, eset, avira, malwarebytes and other...
  6. Conexant issue: Registry mod to PERMANENTLY set memory bound 4096?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Conexant issue: Registry mod to PERMANENTLY set memory bound 4096?: i have an old HP CQ60 with unfortunate Conexant audio ic, and it suffers from having the audio incorrectly addressed in Windows 10. The workaround that 'works' for awhile is to use msconfig.exe to set the memory limit [boot option] to 4096. Unfortunately, one cannot tell...
  7. How do I fix the registry error: "Invalid value for registry mp4"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix the registry error: "Invalid value for registry mp4": Would like to know how to fix the registry error: "Invalid value for registry mp4" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-registry-error-invalid-value-for/d9423e8b-f61c-4a1f-b5cf-bbd213f3ea59
  8. Registry Editor hidden when open

Registry Editor hidden when open: I attempt to open Registry editor. When no other program is open, I see it briefly appear on the screen, but then disappear. It shows in task manager, it is open. I need to be able to get into this editor, and make adjustments as needed. I had this same issue with Adobe...
  9. Where is the registry key to FORCE toast notifications ON

Where is the registry key to FORCE toast notifications ON: [ATTACH] I need the reg key to force this settings, I can make the setting available but not force it to on for users https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-registry-key-to-force-toast/f5856275-15b5-433c-af40-db023e17b850
  10. Windows 10 Audio Effects Registry Keys Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Audio Effects Registry Keys Missing: So, I was using a batch file to toggle windows sound effects which stopped working a couple days ago. I checked the registry keys that my batch file uses to toggle the sound effects in windows and the registry keys under...