Windows 10: Windows Registry

Discus and support Windows Registry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI there, Please, can you advise how to enable System Restore to undo the changes I’ve made in Registry Editor?I cannot open Google, Microsoft Edge,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OutlookPost, May 8, 2021.

1. Windows Registry

HI there, Please, can you advise how to enable System Restore to undo the changes I’ve made in Registry Editor?I cannot open Google, Microsoft Edge, Command Prompt, System Protection, System Restore and similar to restore Windows.I was trying to open .exe files on Windows 10 and have changed the Registry values as the following:Registry Editor: &

:)

OutlookPost, May 8, 2021

2. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, May 8, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 8, 2021
  4. Windows Registry

registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows Registry

1. Windows Registry - Similar Threads - Registry

2. BSOD 0xc0000225 - "System registry file is missing or contains errors"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD 0xc0000225 - "System registry file is missing or contains errors": Hi!Yesterday I started my computer, a custom built one Intel i5 , 16GB of RAM, WD SSD and HDDs, nVidia graphics, Gigabyte motherboard with Windows 10 Pro x64 v21H1, and during boot I got the following BSOD:Of course I googled that code, and ran as much commands as I could in...
  3. hmpalertsvc registry permissions / unquoted service path

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hmpalertsvc registry permissions / unquoted service path: Hello,I am in the process of fixing any clients that have the unquoted service path vulnerability but have hit a snag.All is good until it finds the sophos hitman pro service hmpalertsvc as it cannot change the imagepath. I have checked the permissions on the key and...
  4. Could not log in after I changed registry permission and restarted device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Could not log in after I changed registry permission and restarted device: So I was trying to install NordVPN, at the end of the installation it gave me an error, something about RegSetValueEx and error 5, I did some searching and it requires me to edit registry permission.So i went ahead and did that, I might have done something wrong because after...
  5. How to disable Camera using Group Policy or Registry Editor on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Camera using Group Policy or Registry Editor on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Privacy is the most important factor in our current online world! I have privacy concerns or for some other reason you do not use the camera on your Windows 10 device, you can follow the instructions in this post to completely disable the camera on your PC at the...
  6. Windows Update not working - maybe corrupted Registry 20H2 19042.1052

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update not working - maybe corrupted Registry 20H2 19042.1052: I was following this post, and I seem to have an very similar problem. SFC and DISM are not working, I can't see any Windows features when I try to disable them, and even trying to do a Repair install with an In-place upgrade isn't working. I've attached logs of every thing I...
  7. What does "%V" and "source:ExplorerBackground" means in windows registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does "%V" and "source:ExplorerBackground" means in windows registry: Hello there! I'm Saif.I was editing some keys in the Windows registry editor. Actually want to creat an option in the Windows right menu that will open the current path with cmd. I found no article on the internet relating to this topic. and was checking the existing commands...
  8. What do these registry tweaks do and are they still valid entries?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What do these registry tweaks do and are they still valid entries?: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Direct3D] "DisableVidMemVBs"=dword:00000000 "MMX Fast Path"=dword:00000001 "FlipNoVsync"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Direct3D] "DisableVidMemVBs"=dword:00000000 "MMX Fast Path"=dword:00000001...
  9. What do these registry values do and are they still valid entries?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What do these registry values do and are they still valid entries?: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics] "DisableHWAcceleration"=dword:00000000 "MaxMultisampleSize"=dword:00000000 "UseReferenceRasterizer"=dword:00000000 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics]...
  10. Black screen following registry backup failure and troubleshooting attempts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen following registry backup failure and troubleshooting attempts: I disabled my windows key using the registry. I created a backup beforehand in case I wanted to re enable it. I tried to re enable it by double the backup file. I received a side by side config error. Suddenly many, but not all, actions failed and recieved a side by side...