Windows 10: Windows regressed to an ealier version

Discus and support Windows regressed to an ealier version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had Windows 10 1703/1709 (not sure) installed on my PC. Today I was doing nothing in particular, browsing through some documents and had a couple of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mirta Ćorić, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Windows regressed to an ealier version

I had Windows 10 1703/1709 (not sure) installed on my PC. Today I was doing nothing in particular, browsing through some documents and had a couple of tabs open with random stuff like youtube and my university page. Suddenly, everything crashed and screen was showing a message about "windows failure" or something similar and it also said that they are gonna restore it, and it started loading. When it loaded it took couple more messages and different displays and it finally reached the page with multiple accounts. I noticed immediately that my account picture is not the one I have currently but the one I had about 2 or 3 years ago and that sounds and some parts of display all look like earlier version of Widnows 10. When I entered my account, it first displayed the message

"Hi

We have updated your PC

All your files are exactly where you left them

We’ve got some new features to get excited about. (Do not turn off your PC)”

After that my desktop finally appeared and everything was also like I had it cuple of years ago! My background was different, my mozilla looked completely different with old bookmarks toolbar, my documents look like what they were in 2015 and all the newer ones are just nowhere to be found, everything is basically like it regressed back to 2015! I checked and it says that the version of windows that I have now is 1511. I tried restarting my PC, turning it off and on, and nothing is helping. I don't understand what happened

:)

Mirta Ćorić, Feb 14, 2019

2. Completely Regressive Windows UI!

Shilohbob, I've also done what you've suggested.

But I suspect it amounts to giving feedback to stubborn crackpots working in Microsoft who are guilty of introducing a lot of regressive features in Windows UI and Customisation options.

RazPatnaik, Feb 14, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Windows regressed to an ealier version

Completely Regressive Windows UI!

The the UI and Personalization settings in Win 10 is totally REGRESSIVE, if you compare it with the user-friendly and smart options we had in Win XP. Here are 3 reasons why:

• Why has Windows made the UI completely 2D? I mean it is like going "backwards" in time and thinking! Win XP was more beautiful with its 3D interface.
    • Why cannot we change the colour of Title bar? Why the **** does Windows comes with an UI with the same grey colour from top to bottom?
    • In Win XP we could create our own colours. But in Win 10 we are given preset colours to choose from. How ridiculous!
    • In Win XP we could customise every part of the UI. But in WIn 10 we are given some stupid High Contrast colours to customise various parts of UI.
    • The smart-looking file Search form in Win XP is gone!
    I wonder how the "screws became loose" in the minds of Windows developers which made them regressive in their thinking. I am equally shocked why very few people are complaining about the regressive UI that Windows has offered us!

So I request Windows to bring back the 3D interface of Win XP and make the Personalisations/Customisations as user-friendly as Win XP.

RazPatnaik, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows regressed to an ealier version

1. Windows regressed to an ealier version - Similar Threads - regressed ealier version

2. Regression In Latest Version Of Whiteboard Pen Colour Shortcuts Are Not Effective

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regression In Latest Version Of Whiteboard Pen Colour Shortcuts Are Not Effective: The latest version of Microsoft Whiteboard has regressed and the pen colour selection using shortcuts like Alt+w+2, is not working as expected. The colour indicator changes in the pointer, but during the drawing, the colour is not set. See the video for reference:...
  3. Regression In Latest Version Of Whiteboard Pen Colour Shortcuts Are Not Effective

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regression In Latest Version Of Whiteboard Pen Colour Shortcuts Are Not Effective: The latest version of Microsoft Whiteboard has regressed and the pen colour selection using shortcuts like Alt+w+2, is not working as expected. The colour indicator changes in the pointer, but during the drawing, the colour is not set. See the video for reference:...
  4. Windows 11 is a regression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is a regression: My first impression of Windows 11: it's like Vista = it's a failed edition.The resulting drop in productivity is significant.A version that aims to make procedures easier for idiots.It's better to have a mouse instead of a hand, and not so much need for a brain.For the rest...
  5. Windows 11 is a regression

Windows 11 is a regression: My first impression of Windows 11: it's like Vista = it's a failed edition.The resulting drop in productivity is significant.A version that aims to make procedures easier for idiots.It's better to have a mouse instead of a hand, and not so much need for a brain.For the rest...
  6. Regression of jigsaw

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regression of jigsaw: When I open the jigsaw after the jigsaw has been closed and my computer's been off it's at an earlier stage - I've lost about 60 minutes work or more.Thank you for any help....
  7. Regression of jigsaw

Regression of jigsaw: When I open the jigsaw after the jigsaw has been closed and my computer's been off it's at an earlier stage - I've lost about 60 minutes work or more.Thank you for any help....
  8. w10 v1903 regressions

in Windows 10 Support
    w10 v1903 regressions: Hello. I am running w10 v1903 [18362.116] and I have noticed that monitor calibration profile get disabled after exitting any fullscreen program (games for instance). I think Microsoft is addressing this issue in an incoming patch (currently tested by insiders). I have also...
  9. multiple regression analysis

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    multiple regression analysis: How do I get the software for multiple regression analysis? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-regression-analysis/dbeb95cd-7a1f-4ef8-adf6-1bbb78ad4c1a"
  10. Regression in Win+Tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regression in Win+Tab: Since the latest (April 2018?) update, Win+Tab has become incredibly buggy. I totally hate the new style. The fact that it displays some sort of timeline, I don't care, sure keep it whatever the heck it does. But there are two things that need fixing since they are...