Windows 10: Windows reinstall & Win RAID 1

Discus and support Windows reinstall & Win RAID 1 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. First time poster to this sub. I have an SSD for a boot drive, and my data locations are on a Windows RAID 1 (made the array during the initial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ardyalligan, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Windows reinstall & Win RAID 1

Hello. First time poster to this sub.

I have an SSD for a boot drive, and my data locations are on a Windows RAID 1 (made the array during the initial install about 18 months ago). This week I am planning on upgrading to a larger SSD on which I will reinstall Windows. My question is, will Windows recognize the current RAID 1 array, or will I need to recreate the array and wipe the data?

submitted by /u/ardyalligan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ardyalligan, Nov 23, 2019

2. Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1

Thanks guys. I set up RAID in the BIOS following MSI settings in their manual. Then I loaded windows following the prompts. But I must have missed a step. And hence my questions after my install. So, I did as you suggested Samuria, and set it up in Windows. I would have preferred a MoBo hardware setup. But as long as I have RAID 1 I will be happy. Thanks, B.

LindenBruce, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Steevo Win User
    Is it possible to easily setup Raid-1 on this system ?

Get the six core CPU's I listed, at 3.3Ghz per core they will more than handle any calculations you throw at them for years to come, and with matching RAM in tri channel you will have a very strong setup.

My only other suggestion is a full RAID card like the one I listed with SSD's (in RAID 1)for the OS and programs, and then a RAID 5 array for backup and any large files on the board with a offsite final backup

Steevo, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Windows reinstall & Win RAID 1

Reinstall win 10 and lose separate data raid array

Hi all,

Win 10 was running fine off the C: drive, a 500gb single drive, and had a 5 drive raid 5 array full of (not too important) data.

Win 10 was then reinstalled (clean partition and from dvd unlike previous upgrade from win 7) and now the raid array is borked (to windows only, still fine in BIOS).

Looking in disk management we see disk 0 thinks it is D: Basic disk, 7.5TB RAW, healthy primary, but if i right click and properties it also thinks it is a 2TB western digital drive (which is what disk 1/2/3/4 show)

Entering disk manager i get a pop up which asks me to initialise disk 1/2/3/4 which i decline every time. In windows explorer it shows as zero size and asks for format if clicked on.

So what changed between the old win 7 upgraded to 10 and the new win 10? And what can i do to fix it (avoiding rebuilding it and re-ripping all my AV)?

I suspect a raid driver but obviously device manager shows everything ok (but individuak disks not a raid array), and the manufacturers site has no win 10 drivers.

I suspect all the data is still there, what do people suggest i try? Will a win 8.1 driver work, is it safe to test that?

Hardware of interest: Gigabyte ga-f2a85x-d3h MB, a10-6800k apu, boot drive samsung hd502hj connected to chipset port, raid array 5 western digital red 2TB conected to chipset ports, optical connected to one of additional asmedia ports.

WestleyTDPR, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows reinstall & Win RAID 1

1. Windows reinstall & Win RAID 1 - Similar Threads - reinstall RAID

2. Troubleshooting Unavailable RAID Drives After Windows 11 Reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting Unavailable RAID Drives After Windows 11 Reinstallation: Hi,I had some major problems with my current Windows Pro 11 installation, so I had to start over by installing a fresh Win 11 image.Before that, I had 4 HDDs, organized as two different Raid 1 disks.Right after finishing my reinstallation, the disks were “synchronizing” in...
  3. Troubleshooting Unavailable RAID Drives After Windows 11 Reinstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshooting Unavailable RAID Drives After Windows 11 Reinstallation: Hi,I had some major problems with my current Windows Pro 11 installation, so I had to start over by installing a fresh Win 11 image.Before that, I had 4 HDDs, organized as two different Raid 1 disks.Right after finishing my reinstallation, the disks were “synchronizing” in...
  4. Restore Windows 11 software RAID after Windows 11 Reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Windows 11 software RAID after Windows 11 Reinstall: Had to reinstall Windows 11 Pro. Afterwards a Striped drive created in previously in Windows 11 Pro failed to reconnect the array. How do I reconnect the drives in Windows 11? This is NOT my OS drive. Disk 0 These are two m.2 NVME 4Tb drives that show up as Disk 2 and Disk 3...
  5. Restore Windows 11 software RAID after Windows 11 Reinstall

Restore Windows 11 software RAID after Windows 11 Reinstall: Had to reinstall Windows 11 Pro. Afterwards a Striped drive created in previously in Windows 11 Pro failed to reconnect the array. How do I reconnect the drives in Windows 11? This is NOT my OS drive. Disk 0 These are two m.2 NVME 4Tb drives that show up as Disk 2 and Disk 3...
  6. Hello, should I reinstall window after changing boot mode from Raid to AHCI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, should I reinstall window after changing boot mode from Raid to AHCI?: Hello, Recently i install window 10, after installation i change SATA mode from Raid to AHCI using Safe boot, currently its working fine but i am confused will it cause any issue in future. should i reinstall window to not encounter any issue in near future....
  7. Hello, should I reinstall window after changing boot mode from Raid to AHCI?

Hello, should I reinstall window after changing boot mode from Raid to AHCI?: Hello, Recently i install window 10, after installation i change SATA mode from Raid to AHCI using Safe boot, currently its working fine but i am confused will it cause any issue in future. should i reinstall window to not encounter any issue in near future....
  8. Hello, should I reinstall window after changing boot mode from Raid to AHCI?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Reinstalling RAID 1 using NVMe drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling RAID 1 using NVMe drive: Hi, I had 2 Corsair Force Series MP600 2 TB, NVMe PCIe Gen 4 x4 M.2 SSD in RAID 1 when I ordered my computer from Origin PC. One of the drives was bad so I switched from RAID 1 to AHCI and sent the bad drive for replacement. I have the replacement drive installed now and I am...
  10. Raid drive failed need to reinstall Win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Raid drive failed need to reinstall Win 10 upgrade: Hopefully someone can guide me in the right way. I just had my old computer flake out on me. It was set up with three 120G SSDs in a raid format for performance. Yesterday one of the drives just stopped working and my system is down. With faster SSDs I dont really need raid....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore raid 1 windows reinstall