Windows 10: Windows Reinstall with Bitlocker: how to do?

Discus and support Windows Reinstall with Bitlocker: how to do? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello to everyone, I am desperate because for two days I have not been able to access my dell pc. I have windows PRO with bitlocker activated and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RinoFlower, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Windows Reinstall with Bitlocker: how to do?

Hello to everyone,

I am desperate because for two days I have not been able to access my dell pc.

I have windows PRO with bitlocker activated and even if I put the right key taken from a microsoft account the system goes into error and never starts!

I can't reinstall windows just because there is bitlocker.

I have read that many other people have had this problem but no one in the comments has given a solution!

Who can help me?

Windows support barely gave me a link and it disappeared.

possibly I would like not to lose my data.

:)

RinoFlower, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Windows Reinstall with Bitlocker: how to do?

BitLocker key cannot unlock the disk. Neither can i reinstall cause the drive is blocked

Hi Havard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you try to unlock the drive using the Bitlocker application in Windows 10?
    • If yes, did you get any error message while trying that?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try unlocking the drive using the Bitlocker facility available in Windows 10 and check if you are able to unlock it successfully. If you are getting any error message with says “Application not found”, then I would suggest you
    to refer the article provided in the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

Method 2:

I would suggest that you try the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps resolve your issue.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following link to view the article “How to back up and restore
    the registry in Windows” from the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

(Applies to Windows 10)

For more information regarding BitLocker, you may refer the article "BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" from this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507.aspx

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Reinstall with Bitlocker: how to do?

1. Windows Reinstall with Bitlocker: how to do? - Similar Threads - Reinstall Bitlocker

2. Can't find Bitlocker recovery key, reset computer or reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find Bitlocker recovery key, reset computer or reinstall windows: Hello,My daughter went to open her Lenovo school laptop this morning and there was a blue screen asking to enter the BitLocker recovery key. I tried following online instructions to get the recovery key to no avail. Her personal school outlook account says "no devices linked...
  3. Can't find Bitlocker recovery key, reset computer or reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find Bitlocker recovery key, reset computer or reinstall windows: Hello,My daughter went to open her Lenovo school laptop this morning and there was a blue screen asking to enter the BitLocker recovery key. I tried following online instructions to get the recovery key to no avail. Her personal school outlook account says "no devices linked...
  4. Can I reinstall Windows 10 after being completely locked out by Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reinstall Windows 10 after being completely locked out by Bitlocker?: I am trying to wipe an old laptop after it has been encrypted using Bitlocker and reinstall either Windows 10 Home OR Windows 11. I have no access to any sort of recovery key, and whenever I try to reset or reinstall Windows, it tries to get me to enter a recovery key from an...
  5. Can I reinstall Windows 10 after being completely locked out by Bitlocker?

Can I reinstall Windows 10 after being completely locked out by Bitlocker?: I am trying to wipe an old laptop after it has been encrypted using Bitlocker and reinstall either Windows 10 Home OR Windows 11. I have no access to any sort of recovery key, and whenever I try to reset or reinstall Windows, it tries to get me to enter a recovery key from an...
  6. Can I reinstall Windows 10 after being completely locked out by Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. After reinstalling Windows: Bitlocker encryption disappeared, but data still encrypted. How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After reinstalling Windows: Bitlocker encryption disappeared, but data still encrypted. How...: This problem had occurred 3 years ago, however, I wanted to ask if there is a way to solve this problem. This is the problem: I had a hard drive encrypted with Bitlocker. At some point I had to reinstall my computer, however this made the Bitlocker encryption on the hard...
  8. After reinstalling Windows: Bitlocker encryption disappeared, but data still encrypted. How...

After reinstalling Windows: Bitlocker encryption disappeared, but data still encrypted. How...: This problem had occurred 3 years ago, however, I wanted to ask if there is a way to solve this problem. This is the problem: I had a hard drive encrypted with Bitlocker. At some point I had to reinstall my computer, however this made the Bitlocker encryption on the hard...
  9. After reinstalling Windows: Bitlocker encryption disappeared, but data still encrypted. How...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. I need to reinstall Windows 11 on a drive locked by Bitlocker, without key

I need to reinstall Windows 11 on a drive locked by Bitlocker, without key: Hi I've downloaded the Windows 11 Installation Media the option that creates the USB for you and booted to it, but I'm unable to install Windows. If I select 'Install Now' -> Custom remove files no drive is found in the Drive options window, and Repair just sends me back to...