Windows 10: Windows Reinstall with USB

Discus and support Windows Reinstall with USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently I was playing videoganes on my CyberPower PC and noticed some stuttering/lag that was unusual. I decieded to perform a system restore to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AustinP_92, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Windows Reinstall with USB

Recently I was playing videoganes on my CyberPower PC and noticed some stuttering/lag that was unusual. I decieded to perform a system restore to see if that would fix. System restore ended up getting stuck (left running for 8 hours). I restarted the computer and now windows will not start. I have tried most troubleshooting options through the blue screen that I can access. Reset the PC has not been useful either because it wont progress past the motherbord start screen (I have MSI). The last option I can think of is a reinstall through a USB. However, my computer came to me with windows installed and I currently do not have a product key and am unable to access due to my computer being unable to boot properly. I was wondering if I try the USB option and am unable to find access to a product key will I need to purchase windows again. I read on Cyberpower PC website that the product key is built into the motherbord but i do not want to risk anything before asking. If anyone could be of any help i would much appreciate it. Thank you.

:)

AustinP_92, Feb 27, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Oct 5, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Reinstall with USB

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Reinstall with USB :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows Reinstall with USB

1. Windows Reinstall with USB - Similar Threads - Reinstall USB

2. How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?: The hard drive on my son's laptop has died. I did not make a bootable USB drive for his computer. If I replace the hard drive, how can I reinstall Windows 11 without purchasing Windows again?I read that I can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo..., select...
  3. How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?: The hard drive on my son's laptop has died. I did not make a bootable USB drive for his computer. If I replace the hard drive, how can I reinstall Windows 11 without purchasing Windows again?I read that I can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo..., select...
  4. Can not find partitions when reinstalling windows from USB

Can not find partitions when reinstalling windows from USB: Hello :Can someone help me, So I tried following the guide and booted up from the USB with media on it. I clicked install and custom install and reached the window where I am supposed to see my partitions.... But its empty, or at least is now....when I first opened the window...
  5. Can not find partitions when reinstalling windows from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not find partitions when reinstalling windows from USB: Hello :Can someone help me, So I tried following the guide and booted up from the USB with media on it. I clicked install and custom install and reached the window where I am supposed to see my partitions.... But its empty, or at least is now....when I first opened the window...
  6. Can not find partitions when reinstalling windows from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to use a bootable USB drive to reinstall Windows 7

How to use a bootable USB drive to reinstall Windows 7: I have a Dell Inspiron N5010. I bought it refurbished with a Windows 10. I wasn't enjoying it because it was lagging. I replaced the windows 10 with a window 7.Last month, I decided to wipe the hard drive and start afresh. I created a bootable USB drive with Rufus using...
  8. How to use a bootable USB drive to reinstall Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use a bootable USB drive to reinstall Windows 7: I have a Dell Inspiron N5010. I bought it refurbished with a Windows 10. I wasn't enjoying it because it was lagging. I replaced the windows 10 with a window 7.Last month, I decided to wipe the hard drive and start afresh. I created a bootable USB drive with Rufus using...
  9. Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?: My latest windows update got corrupted, leaving me unable to get past the login screen without bluescreening. At first I thought it was RAM Failure but my technician diagnosed it as an OS issue. Last time this happened on Windows 11, prompting me to reinstall on Windows...
  10. Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?

Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?: My latest windows update got corrupted, leaving me unable to get past the login screen without bluescreening. At first I thought it was RAM Failure but my technician diagnosed it as an OS issue. Last time this happened on Windows 11, prompting me to reinstall on Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant reinstall win 10 becuse the dell legacy crash program wont let me