Windows 10: Windows Reinstall

Discus and support Windows Reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I have 2 drives on my pc a 120gb hd and 1kgb ssd, I wanted to completely wipe my PC and reinstall windows on to the bigger drive that it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TomManners, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Windows Reinstall

Hi there,

I have 2 drives on my pc a 120gb hd and 1kgb ssd, I wanted to completely wipe my PC and reinstall windows on to the bigger drive that it is not currently on.

My problem is that when I reset the pc including removal of all files etc through built in windows recovery options, Windows seeks to just reinstall itself when the reset is done. I dont get to pic any install options or anything. Is there another way to do this where I can select to reinstall on the orher drive ?

thanks.

:)

TomManners, Apr 7, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Reinstall :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 7, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 7, 2021
  4. jpierce55 Win User

Windows Reinstall

Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows Reinstall

1. Windows Reinstall - Similar Threads - Reinstall

2. reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstall windows: Want to reinstall windows from my DVD. So I have to boot on safe mode How to open safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows/05a50458-57f3-41d1-ac99-97f47f89328c
  3. Sound randomly stops and won't return unless I reinstall drivers OR it randomly comes back...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound randomly stops and won't return unless I reinstall drivers OR it randomly comes back...: How can I determine what is making the sound on my laptop randomly go out? I've confirmed all of my drivers are up to date by doing windows update and also update tool from my laptop manufacturer. I do not want to reinstall windows. I've noticed the sound comes back after...
  4. windows reinstall after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows reinstall after upgrade: Hello I upgraded from windows 8.1 --> windows 10. I am having to try certain things as the HDD is completely slowed down If I remove windows completely for a while and installed another OS , can I reinstall windows 10 later as a fresh install and MSFT will recognize the...
  5. Reset then reinstall Windows 10 from Windows 7 laptop without keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reset then reinstall Windows 10 from Windows 7 laptop without keys: I have a laptop that was a Windows 7 and is now running Windows 10. If I want to sell, it how do I erase it but still retain Windows 10 when I do not have the activation key anymore?...
  6. Question regarding reinstalling windows

Question regarding reinstalling windows: HI there. Its that time of the year that ill format C so stuff run smoother. This time though i have added 4 more drivesD, F, H, I. So, if i select reset windows and delete files will it delete stuff ONLY in C, where windows are, or will it delete the other 4 drives too?...
  7. Blue screen crash during windows 10 reinstall

Blue screen crash during windows 10 reinstall: I was getting the blue screen of death too often so I decided to wipe the hard drive and do a complete reinstall of Windows 10. When the reinstall reached 64%, the blue screen crash appeared forcing windows to try and restart. Unfortunately since the reinstall wasn't a 100%...
  8. Bad microphone quality after windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad microphone quality after windows reinstall: I had a decent external microphone that I could connect either via usb or 3.5mm jack with decent quality until I did a repair install. Now the quality is pretty bad. How do I fix that?...
  9. Can't boot into HDD or reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot into HDD or reinstall windows?: So long story short I bought a new SDD and then tried to copy some pictures and files from the old HDD. I don't really know what happened along the way but I must've messed with some security settings and lost access to my HDD. Now I gained back access to it, says those...
  10. When I reinstalling Win10 using the option Cloud Download, how much data will this consume?

When I reinstalling Win10 using the option Cloud Download, how much data will this consume?: I am using Win10 64-bit - Pro Edition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-reinstalling-win10-using-the-option-cloud/97d26151-b356-4f53-b81d-cbb277958e3b