Windows 10: Windows reinstallation after upgrading the system.

Discus and support Windows reinstallation after upgrading the system. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased Windows 10 key from online retailer around 3 years back. I'm hoping to upgrade my system mother board, CPU & Graphics card. I am scared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rupam karmakar, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Windows reinstallation after upgrading the system.

I purchased Windows 10 key from online retailer around 3 years back. I'm hoping to upgrade my system mother board, CPU & Graphics card. I am scared that I will be losing out on the genuine windows. Can I reinstall windows even when I upgrade the system?I don't seem to have the key which I used for activation 3 years back when I purchased the windows 10 initially.

:)

rupam karmakar, Sep 22, 2022
  2. jpierce55 Win User

Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Sep 22, 2022
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Windows reinstallation after upgrading the system.

Upgrading cpu and mother without reinstalling windows 10

in most cases you can do exactly what you are trying to do by taking the os drive and plugging it into the new system and booting in safe mode. once in safe mode open a command prompt as administrator and type "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1" hit enter. then type "start devmgmt.msc" hit enter again and device manager should open up. after that click the "view" tab and select "show hidden devices". then you just expand each list and unistall all the drivers that are slightly transparent. once you are all done go ahead and reboot the system and install all the new drivers. in most cases this is enough and does not need anything more done.

edit: just boot the os into safe mode the first time and let it install drivers then reboot and fallow the steps i listed above. back with windows vista and earlier windows versions this would be problematic but sense 7 ive found that swapping boards from different manufacturers and even amd to intel has become mostly doable. ive done it a handfull of times.

Final_Fighter, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

Windows reinstallation after upgrading the system.

1. Windows reinstallation after upgrading the system. - Similar Threads - reinstallation upgrading system

2. Windows reinstallation after upgrading the system.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows reinstallation after upgrading the system.: I purchased Windows 10 key from online retailer around 3 years back. I'm hoping to upgrade my system mother board, CPU & Graphics card. I am scared that I will be losing out on the genuine windows. Can I reinstall windows even when I upgrade the system?I don't seem to have...
  3. Windows reinstallation after upgrading the system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reinstallation after upgrading the system.: I purchased Windows 10 key from online retailer around 3 years back. I'm hoping to upgrade my system mother board, CPU & Graphics card. I am scared that I will be losing out on the genuine windows. Can I reinstall windows even when I upgrade the system?I don't seem to have...
  4. Windows 10 downgrade after reinstall the system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 downgrade after reinstall the system: So I purchased an upgrade key and upgraded my windows 10 home to pro using that key. I wanted to have a clean/fresh windows so I did reinstall the system using a USB. After reinstalling the system, my windows 10 downgraded itself to windows home. I was able to use the exact...
  5. windows reinstall after upgrade

windows reinstall after upgrade: Hello I upgraded from windows 8.1 --> windows 10. I am having to try certain things as the HDD is completely slowed down If I remove windows completely for a while and installed another OS , can I reinstall windows 10 later as a fresh install and MSFT will recognize the...
  6. System restore after reinstalling Windows

System restore after reinstalling Windows: I ran into a BSOD after trying to verify all my drivers, causing my pc to run into the driver verifier detected violation blue screen. I'm trying to complete a system restore because I really don't want to lose everything. I've forgotten the admin password, and it isn't...
  7. Is the upgrade to Pro edition a reinstall system ?

Is the upgrade to Pro edition a reinstall system ?: Hi ! To summarize, I lastly finished my site and entered in preproduction. I set my terminal phpStorm and did the local settings. I now need to upgrade of W10 family edition to Pro one to activate the hyper V technology in order to set all remote settings using virtual...
  8. windows 10pro upgrade after reinstall

windows 10pro upgrade after reinstall: Hello all i recently purchased/upgraded windows 10 to 10pro, i didn't receive an activation code but a digital license. my question is: if i reinstall windows10,how do i get the pro upgrade again? i guess it is tied to my account, so what should i do to download and...
  9. Reinstall Windows 10 after upgrade

Reinstall Windows 10 after upgrade: I used to have Win 7 and it was upgraded to Wİndows 10 for free previously. Now I'm going to upgrade some of my hardware, install a new pair of RAM and add an SDD. Therefore I need to reinstall windows 10 for the upgraded PC but I do not have a KEY for Windows 10 as it was...
  10. Reinstall Windows 8 after 10 upgrade

Reinstall Windows 8 after 10 upgrade: I am trying to remember.. After a machine has been upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8, let us say a year later, will the license key allow you to download, create a Windows 8 iso and reinstall that. Someone has a Surface Pro 2 (I think thats what it is) that was...