Windows 10: Windows Related Program Lags

Discus and support Windows Related Program Lags in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently just gaming and studying on my pc, suddenly I noticed a longer boot up time than normal when I opened it this morning, I thought it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeronimoPC, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Windows Related Program Lags

Recently just gaming and studying on my pc, suddenly I noticed a longer boot up time than normal when I opened it this morning, I thought it was normal. But, when I opened apps like Chrome, file explorer, settings, everything was either delaying, not responding, or showing errors. I can still game normally so it is not hardware problem. The problem is with the I think windows related stuff like properties of files not opening, task manager and cmd on admin showing "This operation returned because the timeout period expired", some apps showing "The remote procedure call failed", Chrome lagging when interacting with file explorer to upload files. I think it has to do with corrupted files but not sure.

Just a heads up that when I am having problem with my pc I try to troubleshoot it first with what I can search but I ran out of options that's why I am here. I tried sfc /scannow, DCIM and getting back to my restore point but it states that it was corrupted. I do a fresh restore point everytime I update windows.

I hope anyone can help with my problem! Thanks!

:)

JeronimoPC, Jan 29, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Windows Related Program Lags

Windows 10 lags

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is when the PC doesn’t perform the way it should be. We were checking the lag issue, but
    in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • How much is the CPU and Disk usage showing in Task Manager, also check if any particular program is having high CPU and Disk usage?

We would suggest you to refer the steps as suggested in this article (Exclude step 10):
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Meanwhile, put the PC in Clean Boot and see if you still get the PC lagging issue. Refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. If the settings app is working fine in Clean Boot then please refer the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to determine the root cause of the issue.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Related Program Lags

1. Windows Related Program Lags - Similar Threads - Related Program Lags

2. Uncontrollable scrolling with update only related to microsoft related programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uncontrollable scrolling with update only related to microsoft related programs: Ever since an update a little while ago I have had issues with microsoft related programs.The settings menu is almost unusable as it scrolls through all the options and I'm unable to click on anything. Searching is the same. Weird thing is it only affects the system menus and...
  3. Windows lags and shutters in certain programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows lags and shutters in certain programs: Hello, I’ve recently build a very powerful machine and in the next few days after that I had some really annoying/weird problems going on: - I installed photoshop and ccleaner and when I open these specific softwares I experience some sort of lag, as if my mouse cursor goes...
  4. related to "Get Help" program on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    related to "Get Help" program on Windows 10: When i press "Contact us" it says "Thanks. We're working to get you connected soon." and i never get connected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/related-to-get-help-program-on-windows-10/360566cb-4645-4397-868c-5eec0ca5be36
  5. Windows Explorer randomly starts to lag and lags other programs until the pc or...

Windows Explorer randomly starts to lag and lags other programs until the pc or...: i reinstalled windows last week due to file corruption and have been having an issue thats driving me crazy as despite trying a ton of fixes i cant seem to fix it. The windows explorer will somewhat randomly begin to lag and lag bleeds into certain other programs. It seems to...
  6. Related to Program Completely Uninstall

Related to Program Completely Uninstall: how to uninstall program completely without any effect window files or ragistry. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/related-to-program-completely-uninstall/2ddd38b0-21a1-4ed0-9c42-ab662b4ffaa4
  7. Windows lagging, not opening programs

Windows lagging, not opening programs: I was doing a project amd had many programs running but shut them down then opened a pdf in google chrome. I then went to open word and that's where the problems started. I tried clicking word but it wouldn't open in any way. I then had to power off my computer with my power...
  8. Lagging and program is not starting

Lagging and program is not starting: I have installed Windows 10.but none of the program i can run.only open files.not even google chrome or any other dekstop program r working.what to do?...
  9. Program launch lag (FYI)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Program launch lag (FYI): There is a lag of approximately three seconds when launching programs via Windows 10 shortcut keys. This is a longstanding, oft-reported issue that is alleged by some forum participants to predate Windows 10. There is no lag if programs are launched via a mouse. The fault...
  10. Lag when opening programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag when opening programs: --- revised 2/18/16 --- No further instances of lag (which can also stop macros from completing) since SUPERFETCH was disabled. However, some users report occasional lag despite this measure, and the underlying problem is extant. It appears to have nothing to do with...