Windows 10: Windows relaunch previously running programs (fast restart disabled)

Discus and support Windows relaunch previously running programs (fast restart disabled) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I previously had this problem on restarting windows then someone here instructed i should disable fast startup and it solved it , but apparently on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Windows relaunch previously running programs (fast restart disabled)

I previously had this problem on restarting windows then someone here instructed i should disable fast startup and it solved it , but apparently on the 19xx build variants seems a lot of programs that were running manages to relaunch themselves upon restart despite i have fast restart disabled , I am sure this is a feature micrsoft sees comfy for users as it is similar to android mobiles behavior but lets be honest now , as a laptop user i hardly ever restart not unless windows has started acting up and hence i need to flush all programs running so to overcome their bad effect .

Now is there an easy way to just restart to the standard startup on those builds ?

P.S I am not even sure which section fits this post the most , but please if you plan to relocate it please im me new section / location .

Thanks in advance .

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Mar 8, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows relaunch previously running programs (fast restart disabled) :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 8, 2020
  3. PC will not restart

I would like to have you run a Clean Boot.

How to perform a Clean Boot.

Warning: Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your antivirus disabled until the process is ended. For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

Press the
    Windows relaunch previously running programs (fast restart disabled) 7W6b39o.png
    keys to open Run, then type msconfig in the search box. This will open System Configuration.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation.

(1) Click/tap on the General tab.

(2) Click/tap on the Selective startup option.

(3) Remove the check mark in the Load startup items check box.

Windows relaunch previously running programs (fast restart disabled) 0JgaJnG.png

4. Click on the Services tab.

5. Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running.

6. Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list.

Windows relaunch previously running programs (fast restart disabled) yIKrmLs.png

7. Click on Apply then OK

Windows relaunch previously running programs (fast restart disabled) ljHR4ZW.png

Click on Restart in the window that opens.

When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.

If the problem does not continue after the restart please do the following.

8. Divide the number of these startup services and programs by two and you place checks in the first half of these, then restart the computer.

9. If the problem doesn't return in those services and programs remove the checks and place checks in the remaining services and programs and restart the computer.

10. When you find which half the service or program is in go on to the next step.

11. The half which has the service causing this problem remove half of the checks as you did previously to see which half has this service. Do the same for the programs. Restart the computer.

12. If it isn't in the first half of these services and programs, do the same with the last half of the services and programs.

13. Once you have narrowed it down to the last three or four services and programs remove the checks one at a time till you find the service or program at fault.

Once you have found the service or program post it in your topic. Do not take any action until I suggest the next step.

FreeBooter, Mar 8, 2020
  4. saidkhei Win User

Windows relaunch previously running programs (fast restart disabled)

Disable fast user switching.

saidkhei, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows relaunch previously running programs (fast restart disabled)

1. Windows relaunch previously running programs (fast restart disabled) - Similar Threads - relaunch previously running

2. Fast startup and not restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast startup and not restarting: my laptop is not shutting down when turned off fast startupand my laptop not restating and stuck at restarting screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup-and-not-restarting/990556db-e64f-4c38-91aa-d9e15ea7ccba
  3. Fast startup and not restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast startup and not restarting: my laptop is not shutting down when turned off fast startupand my laptop not restating and stuck at restarting screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup-and-not-restarting/990556db-e64f-4c38-91aa-d9e15ea7ccba
  4. Fast startup and not restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Program Manager running message on shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Manager running message on shutdown or restart: This has only started in the past week. Program manager??? is running in the background I'm told when trying to shut down or restart. At first it was intermittently and now it's happening more often. I have not installed any new programs and don't know why this is happening....
  6. A way to reopen previously running programs after rebooting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A way to reopen previously running programs after rebooting: Hi, Is it possible to reopen programs I was running after shutting down my PC? I have some PDF files, Reference software (Mendeley) with multiple tabs open and also multiple file explorer paths (multiple browser tabs too, but this is easily retrievable). Would like to get...
  7. Disabling fast boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling fast boot: How can I disable fast boot for all users on my PC in one go? I have observed that when I disable fast boot through the normal way only the account I disable it on will have it disabled while all the other users will still get the fast boot and hibernation file when they...
  8. Auto relaunch of previous session at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto relaunch of previous session at startup: 08/16/20 Overnight my pc rebooted; no updates occurred. On startup, everything that was open re-launched slow-w-w-w-ly, of course. 1 Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Scroll down to Privacy > Toggle off Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my...
  9. Disable reopening programs after windows update restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable reopening programs after windows update restart: Occasionally, a forced restart is happening on my Windows 10 computer. When the OS is restarted every program that I've had prior to the restart is reopened at startup. The programs are reopened like I would just double-click them. I usually hold 5-6 windows of Visual Studio...
  10. CPU running fast

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU running fast: [img] [img] Past 4 days CPU has been running at these speeds, it use to 0.60 to 0.88 GHz. is there anything that would cause it to run faster speeds. 102309