Windows 10: Windows remain on desktop when minimizing

Discus and support Windows remain on desktop when minimizing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The issue is with windows, but not with OS Windows. I have Windows 10 Pro, RocketDock, Rainmeter and Classic Shell. And i have this problem. As you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by matthewmatt, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Windows remain on desktop when minimizing

The issue is with windows, but not with OS Windows.
    I have Windows 10 Pro, RocketDock, Rainmeter and Classic Shell.
    And i have this problem.
    As you can see, these windows remained on desktop without their outlines, however I minimized them.
    This things only happen when I minimize a window, and the background is desktop.
    What the hell is happening? Please help.

:)

matthewmatt, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 13, 2019
  3. JohnFyffe Win User
    Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Windows remain on desktop when minimizing

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows remain on desktop when minimizing

1. Windows remain on desktop when minimizing - Similar Threads - remain desktop minimizing

2. Windows 11 - games minimize to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - games minimize to desktop: There are many threads about this, going back more than a decade. I had this problem in Windows 10, and now I have it on a new machine with Windows 11. I have tried every solution that has been suggested, and nothing fixes it. The biggest problem is that it is impossible to...
  3. Windows 11 - games minimize to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - games minimize to desktop: There are many threads about this, going back more than a decade. I had this problem in Windows 10, and now I have it on a new machine with Windows 11. I have tried every solution that has been suggested, and nothing fixes it. The biggest problem is that it is impossible to...
  4. Windows disappear when minimized

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows disappear when minimized: I am currently using version 1909, Windows 10. Since the upgrade, I am able to open an app window but I am unable to minimize my window without it disappearing. The app icon does not appear on the taskbar, therefore, I cannot retrieve it. It appears that the app window has...
  5. Minimize all apps when i click on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimize all apps when i click on the desktop: Let's say I have a window open but not maximized, in such a way that I can still see part of my desktop wallpaper. Is there a way to minimize the window by clicking on the desktop? Thanks....
  6. Windows remain on dekstop when minimizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows remain on dekstop when minimizing: The issue is with windows, but not with OS Windows. I have Windows 10 Pro, RocketDock, Rainmeter and Classic Shell. And i have this problem. As you can see, these windows remained on desktop without their outlines, however I minimized them. This things only happen when I...
  7. Games minimizing to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimizing to desktop: This is just a heads up in case you're suddenly finding your games minimizing to the desktop within the last couple of days. Up till yesterday, all my games ran great. Today, much frustration as games would open for 2 seconds then minimize, no matter which game I opened....
  8. Games minimizing to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimizing to desktop: It just started today. I haven't done anything, updated, downloaded, nothing along those lines. I've checked my keyboards, used 3 different ones. All have the same result. I do the same thing I've always done not closing background applications or windows on other...
  9. Windows 10 Minimizing to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Minimizing to Desktop: Hi Guys, Sorry for my first post to be a query. Having a really persistent issue with windows minimizing to desktop whilst gaming, or watching movies etc. Each time I notice a few blank icons quickly load up and disappear on the taskbar - so it is obviously whatever...
  10. Sluggish desktop when all windows are minimized

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish desktop when all windows are minimized: I have this very weird problem using Windows 10. If I minimize all my windows, the desktop is very sluggish, selecting icons takes a second or two. But when I restore a window and handle my desktop right beside it, it's extremely responsive. It's completely stable behavior,...