Windows 10: windows remote desktop can't find the computer after my home computer goes to sleep and...

Discus and support windows remote desktop can't find the computer after my home computer goes to sleep and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,My machine: ThinkPad P1 Gen3, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, OS build 19043.1023, no 3rd party antivirusI have a recurring issue that goes like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by corbinmg, Jun 5, 2021.

1. corbinmg Win User

windows remote desktop can't find the computer after my home computer goes to sleep and...

Hello,My machine: ThinkPad P1 Gen3, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, OS build 19043.1023, no 3rd party antivirusI have a recurring issue that goes like this:1 I use Cisco AnyConnect to VPN into my work network2 I use my laptop at home to remote RDP into a work computer all day long, everything works great3 I disconnect the RDP and VPN in the evening and put my laptop to sleep4 I wake my laptop in the morning, reconnect the VPN, and try to RDP into the work computer and get the error message: "Remote Desktop can't find the computer "the name of my work computer". This might mean that "the na

:)

corbinmg, Jun 5, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Remote Desktop - Remote Computer is Sleeping

Got a question that I could answer if I was at the office to try it... Trying to connect remotely to an HP desktop at work.

If the HP is in sleep mode, I can't remote into it. Here's the scenario: Couldn't remote into the HP... Called a co-worker he noticed is was in power saving mode & moved the mouse, it woke up. Then I was able to remote in.

Would "Wake on Lan" in BIOS allow me to wake up the computer through a remote desktop login request? Are there other settings?

EDIT: Both PC's on XP Pro 32

Sasqui, Jun 5, 2021
  3. Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer

We suggest that you disable any security program on your computer and check if it resolves the issue.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as
    soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Then follow the steps below to ensure remote desktop is enabled:

• Click Start.
    • Click on File Explorer.
    • Right-click This PC.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Remote settings in the upper left hand corner.
    • Ensure the option Allow remote connection to this computer and
      Allow Remote Assistance connection to this computer is selected.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 5, 2021
  4. Julie Ram Win User

windows remote desktop can't find the computer after my home computer goes to sleep and...

Remote Desktop Connection not reaching office computer from my laptop (Windows 10), but I can reach it from other computers

Hi Bryce,

To assist you with the concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Network & Internet.
    • Click Ethernet > Ethernet Connection Icon.
    Then, you will see an option to allow your device to be discoverable. After turning on, check if you were able to do Remote Desktop connection on your system.

If the issue still persists, you may also try re0installing Remote Desktop Connection on your computer.

Let us know how it goes,

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

1. windows remote desktop can't find the computer after my home computer goes to sleep and... - Similar Threads - remote desktop can't

2. Remote Desktop can’t find the computer

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Desktop can’t find the computer: [ATTACH]Remote Desktop is a powerful and handy feature that allows you to connect to another computer on the same network or the one available over a dedicated network available for access. When trying to connect to a remote computer, if it cannot find the PC, this post will...
  3. windows remote desktop can't find the remote computer after my laptop goes to sleep and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows remote desktop can't find the remote computer after my laptop goes to sleep and...: Hello,My machine: ThinkPad P1 Gen3, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, OS build 19043.1023, no 3rd party antivirusI have a recurring issue that goes like this:1 I use Cisco AnyConnect to VPN into my work network2 I use my laptop at home to remote RDP into a work computer all day...
  4. My computer get restarted after goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer get restarted after goes to sleep.: Good day to everyone, since 2 weeks ago I am having an issue with the sleep mode in my laptop, at the beginning, I started having an issue with my fingerprint unlock, after I resolved it I had an issue with my wifi, the computer shoes that the adaptor had some issue, and...
  5. Remote desktop can't find the computer "name of my computer". This might mean that "name of...

Remote desktop can't find the computer "name of my computer". This might mean that "name of...: Hello everyone, I am having this issue that is really frustrating. I keep getting the message: "Remote desktop can't find the computer "name of my computer". This might mean that "name of my computer" does not belong to the specified network. Verify the computer name and...
  6. HDD Disappearing After Computer Goes to Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Disappearing After Computer Goes to Sleep: I recently got a 10TB Toshiba Drive to use as a secondary drive. It works great as long as I don't put my computer to sleep. When I wake my computer back up from sleep it's just gone. I'm on a Windows 10 machine, 2004 update. I've updated the bios, and checked for any...
  7. your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway...: Hi, I am getting the error above when trying to RDP to one of our servers. The RDP works for 2 other PCs in my office. But my PC gives this error. Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway server is temporarily unavailable......
  8. Remote Desktop will not connect after sleeping without restarting computer

Remote Desktop will not connect after sleeping without restarting computer: Good afternoon, I remote into my work computer while I am working from home and have this intermittent issue, sometimes upon waking my home computer from sleep, I am unable to RDP to my work computer unless I restart my home computer. Some additional information, the RDP...
  9. RDP connection fails: Remote Desktop can't find computer errors.

RDP connection fails: Remote Desktop can't find computer errors.: I have VM running windows 10 pro (other VMs using same config work fine). Every time when I try to connect via RDP it throws: "Remote Desktop can't find the computer [hostname]. This might mean that [hostname] does not belong to specified network. Verify the computer name and...
  10. Computer goes back to sleep after waking

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer goes back to sleep after waking: On my oldest laptop which was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 I am having a problem with the Sleep function that seems different from anything I have found via search. When the computer is woken up from sleep it will sometimes immediately go back to sleep. This happens...