Windows 10: windows remote desktop can't find the remote computer after my laptop goes to sleep and...

Discus and support windows remote desktop can't find the remote computer after my laptop goes to sleep and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,My machine: ThinkPad P1 Gen3, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, OS build 19043.1023, no 3rd party antivirusI have a recurring issue that goes like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by corbinmg, Jun 5, 2021.

1. corbinmg Win User

windows remote desktop can't find the remote computer after my laptop goes to sleep and...

Hello,My machine: ThinkPad P1 Gen3, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, OS build 19043.1023, no 3rd party antivirusI have a recurring issue that goes like this:1 I use Cisco AnyConnect to VPN into my work network2 I use my laptop at home to remote RDP into a work computer all day long, everything works great3 I disconnect the RDP and VPN in the evening and put my laptop to sleep4 I wake my laptop in the morning, reconnect the VPN, and try to RDP into the work computer and get the error message: "Remote Desktop can't find the computer "the name of my work computer". This might mean that "the na

:)

corbinmg, Jun 5, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Remote Desktop - Remote Computer is Sleeping

Got a question that I could answer if I was at the office to try it... Trying to connect remotely to an HP desktop at work.

If the HP is in sleep mode, I can't remote into it. Here's the scenario: Couldn't remote into the HP... Called a co-worker he noticed is was in power saving mode & moved the mouse, it woke up. Then I was able to remote in.

Would "Wake on Lan" in BIOS allow me to wake up the computer through a remote desktop login request? Are there other settings?

EDIT: Both PC's on XP Pro 32

Sasqui, Jun 5, 2021
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jun 5, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

windows remote desktop can't find the remote computer after my laptop goes to sleep and...

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

1. windows remote desktop can't find the remote computer after my laptop goes to sleep and... - Similar Threads - remote desktop can't

2. Remote Desktop can’t find the computer

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Desktop can’t find the computer: [ATTACH]Remote Desktop is a powerful and handy feature that allows you to connect to another computer on the same network or the one available over a dedicated network available for access. When trying to connect to a remote computer, if it cannot find the PC, this post will...
  3. windows remote desktop can't find the computer after my home computer goes to sleep and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows remote desktop can't find the computer after my home computer goes to sleep and...: Hello,My machine: ThinkPad P1 Gen3, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, OS build 19043.1023, no 3rd party antivirusI have a recurring issue that goes like this:1 I use Cisco AnyConnect to VPN into my work network2 I use my laptop at home to remote RDP into a work computer all day...
  4. Remote desktop can't find the computer "name of my computer". This might mean that "name of...

Remote desktop can't find the computer "name of my computer". This might mean that "name of...: Hello everyone, I am having this issue that is really frustrating. I keep getting the message: "Remote desktop can't find the computer "name of my computer". This might mean that "name of my computer" does not belong to the specified network. Verify the computer name and...
  5. Window Remote Desktop Sleep Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Remote Desktop Sleep Issue: I have to log into a remote Windows 10 "server" it's just a Dell Windows computer to run Quickbooks for an organization I am in. I am also the administrator for this server. Recently I set up the ability to use sleep mode with the server - it only gets used by two people...
  6. your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway...: Hi, I am getting the error above when trying to RDP to one of our servers. The RDP works for 2 other PCs in my office. But my PC gives this error. Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the remote desktop gateway server is temporarily unavailable......
  7. Remote Desktop will not connect after sleeping without restarting computer

Remote Desktop will not connect after sleeping without restarting computer: Good afternoon, I remote into my work computer while I am working from home and have this intermittent issue, sometimes upon waking my home computer from sleep, I am unable to RDP to my work computer unless I restart my home computer. Some additional information, the RDP...
  8. Remote desktop and sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote desktop and sleep.: Finally, after an upgrade to 1903, my laptop knows how to go to sleep on its own! The effect this could have on worldwide carbon emissions could be phenomenal given the number of Windows machines in the world. However, at work, I use my laptop from my desktop via Remote...
  9. RDP connection fails: Remote Desktop can't find computer errors.

RDP connection fails: Remote Desktop can't find computer errors.: I have VM running windows 10 pro (other VMs using same config work fine). Every time when I try to connect via RDP it throws: "Remote Desktop can't find the computer [hostname]. This might mean that [hostname] does not belong to specified network. Verify the computer name and...
  10. Can't access remote laptop desktop

Can't access remote laptop desktop: I have a big tower computer with an ASUS mobo, and an ASUS U50f laptop, both machines running Win 10 Creators Pro, and successfully private-networked together wirelessly via a Linksys E1200 modem. I can run remote desktop on the laptop to access & use the tower, but not...