Windows 10: Windows Remote Desktop Client and Ubuntu

Discus and support Windows Remote Desktop Client and Ubuntu in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to establish connection with an Ubuntu 18 machine I am building and am not able to get Remote Desktop to connect successfully. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Farzad_K, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Farzad_K Win User

Windows Remote Desktop Client and Ubuntu

Hi,

I am trying to establish connection with an Ubuntu 18 machine I am building and am not able to get Remote Desktop to connect successfully. Is there something especial that I need to do? I have used the name and the IP address of the Ubuntu machine with same results: I only get as far as a dialogue box that requires my credentials and the credentials are not acceptable.

Thanks.

Farzad

:)

Farzad_K, Jul 1, 2019

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jul 1, 2019
  3. JayD239 Win User
    Remote desktop tool

I have successfully used xrdp, which allows you to use the regular windows remote desktop tool. So no need for downloading and installing aps on your windows client. You do need to have x-server installed which, in my opinion, is not really useful for a fileserver/torrenting client. A webbased torrent client would sooth your needs. I use transmission, also has a ubuntu deb package (not yet via apt though)

JayD239, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Windows Remote Desktop Client and Ubuntu

Remote Desktop

Yep. No doubt. That will work; however, firewall on or off on the Home Edition will make no difference if you are trying to connect to it via straight remote desktop as it does not have the feature necessary to accept an unattended incoming remote desktop
    service connection.

The Windows __ Home Editions have always had the CLIENT portion of the Remote Desktop Services.

START --> RUN --> type in:

MSTSC

... Click OK.

That is the Remote Desktop Client. All Windows OSes have that.

Just not all Windows OS editions have the HOST/SERVER part - the part that allows one, with the remote system unattended, to remotely connect like you were sitting in front of it. The "Home" (and "starter / RT, etc. - other lower editions) editions are practically
    the ONLY editions of Windows that fall in this category (and always have.)

Android and MacOS have downloadable (official) Microsoft Remote Desktop Clients available so you can remote into your business/professional/server level Microsoft systems (unattended systems that is - again, remote assistance is allowed even on "Home" editions)...

Again, sorry... but there are many free third party alternatives.

Shenan Stanley, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows Remote Desktop Client and Ubuntu

1. Windows Remote Desktop Client and Ubuntu - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Client

2. Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT: Hi There, I would like to access my computer1 running OS windows10 from another computer2 by using the Remote Desktop WEB Client.PC1 - OS win 10 <-------------------RD web client FIREFOX - PC2 Do you guys know if it's possible on windows 10 ?Does any one have a detailled...
  3. Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT: Hi There, I would like to access my computer1 running OS windows10 from another computer2 by using the Remote Desktop WEB Client.PC1 - OS win 10 <-------------------RD web client FIREFOX - PC2 Do you guys know if it's possible on windows 10 ?Does any one have a detailled...
  4. Remote Desktop/Windows Desktop VDI Client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop/Windows Desktop VDI Client: Hello, I am conducting a security assessment on Windows Remote Desktop for Hitachi Energy, and I have been unable to gain any information through search engines or the Microsoft website.Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Remote...
  5. Remote Desktop/Windows Desktop VDI Client

Remote Desktop/Windows Desktop VDI Client: Hello, I am conducting a security assessment on Windows Remote Desktop for Hitachi Energy, and I have been unable to gain any information through search engines or the Microsoft website.Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Remote...
  6. Remote Desktop/Windows Desktop VDI Client

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Remote Desktop/Windows Desktop VDI Client

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop/Windows Desktop VDI Client: Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Remote Desktop/Windows Desktop VDI Client?What is the latest version of the application? When was the release date for the latest version of this application? When was the release date for...
  8. Remote Desktop/Windows Desktop VDI Client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop/Windows Desktop VDI Client: Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Remote Desktop/Windows Desktop VDI Client?What is the latest version of the application? When was the release date for the latest version of this application? When was the release date for...
  9. Remote Desktop/Windows Desktop VDI Client

10. Bug with Remote Desktop Client

Bug with Remote Desktop Client: Hi, I have been trying to trace a bug that has been happening within our organisation for the last month or so. Users started reporting that when they login to RDP sessions internal or external if they are required to enter there credentials the MSTSC client just sits and...