Windows 10: windows remote desktop error code 0x204

Discus and support windows remote desktop error code 0x204 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I receive an error code 0x204 when attempting to use windows remote desktop 10 on my mac book pro, this isn't always the case. This only happens when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Z_Johnson, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Z_Johnson Win User

windows remote desktop error code 0x204

I receive an error code 0x204 when attempting to use windows remote desktop 10 on my mac book pro, this isn't always the case. This only happens when at home/on my home wifi. I can successfully connect when I use the same process but on my college campus/on school wifi. Is there any solution to this so I can use the remote desktop at home using the program for my school project?

:)

Z_Johnson, Apr 21, 2019

2. Remote Desktop- Couldn't connect to the remote PC Error code 0x204

I'm using the Microsoft remote desktop client android app on my phone and when I attempt to initiate a connection it would say that it couldn't connect to the remote pc and to make sure that it is turned on and that remote access is enabled. Below that it gives
    me the error code : 0x204 . so I checked that remote access is enabled and it is also allowed in the windows firewall. I am using Windows 10. Let me know if you need more information.

SamuelMerritt, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Pzatrick Win User
    Remote desktop error 0x204

Greetings,

I am running 8.1 pro on my desktop, Nokia Lumia 521 with cyan update. I have followed all instructions for remote users setup. I allowed remote connections, selected my account for access (did not have a remote desktop users) yet still get error 0x204.

I would love to be able to get to my desktop via my phone from work... Any assistance would be great. I have seen similar postings and am so sorry for the similarity but the others are slightly different versions of windows.

Pzatrick, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Remote Desktop- Couldn't connect to the remote PC Error code 0x204

Hi,

Before proceeding, could you please answer few questions:

1. Where do you get the error code 0x204?

2. Do you get the error while setting up the Remote connection or while connecting to the remote computer?

3. What is the Edition of Windows which you are using with?

Reply us back with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

1. windows remote desktop error code 0x204 - Similar Threads - remote desktop error

2. Windows Remote desktop 'unable to connect' - Error Code: 0x204

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Remote desktop 'unable to connect' - Error Code: 0x204: Hi,As per question above. Please help :On the host pc settings I have:Enable Remote Desktop - OnKeep my PC awake... when it is pluggen in - Checked but greyed outMake my PC discoverable....from a remote device - Checked on but greyed outThe RD Client app settings on the...
  3. Windows Remote desktop 'unable to connect' - Error Code: 0x204

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Remote desktop 'unable to connect' - Error Code: 0x204: Hi,As per question above. Please help :On the host pc settings I have:Enable Remote Desktop - OnKeep my PC awake... when it is pluggen in - Checked but greyed outMake my PC discoverable....from a remote device - Checked on but greyed outThe RD Client app settings on the...
  4. Remote Desktop Suddenly Stopped Working - Error code: 0x204

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Suddenly Stopped Working - Error code: 0x204: I've said it before - Windows is a serious pile of dung. Once again, Microsoft does not disappoint. For years I've been using Windows Remote Desktop - then it stopped working. Nothing Changed at all. Best guess would be an update that broke something. Once again I'm very busy...
  5. Error 0x204 on remote desktop - help needed please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0x204 on remote desktop - help needed please: Hi I'm working from home and am trying to connect to my PC at work. I have had it set up from my laptop and working fine. However I've moved locations and now cannot connect and am getting error 0x204 with the following: "You have disconnected because another connection was...
  6. Error 0x204 with Microsoft Remote Desktop on Catalina

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x204 with Microsoft Remote Desktop on Catalina: I keep getting Error code 0x204 "Unable to connect. We couldn't connect to the remote PC. Make sure the PC is turned on and connected to the network, and the remote access is enabled". when trying to connect to my office computer by Microsoft Remote Desktop on Mac OS...
  7. Microsoft Remote Desktop: Error code: 0x204

Microsoft Remote Desktop: Error code: 0x204: I use my iMac macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7 and remote into my Windows 10 PC at work from home using our company VPN. This has been working fine until yesterday when I got: Unable to connect We couldn't connect to the remote PC. Make sure the PC is turned on and connected...
  8. Can't use Remote Desktop, Error code: 0x204

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't use Remote Desktop, Error code: 0x204: Whenever I try to connect my computer via Remote Desktop app, this error shows up. I'm using win10 pro and iphone. How should I solve this problem? submitted by /u/farukbigez [link] [comments]...
  9. How to fix Remote Desktop Error Code 0x204 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Remote Desktop Error Code 0x204 on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Error Code 0x204 is a Remote Desktop Connection problem. It mostly occurs when a user tries to connect to a remote device but get failed […] This article How to fix Remote Desktop Error Code 0x204 on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 Error 0x204

Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 Error 0x204: I have been using the MS Remote Desktop 10 app for Mac with no issues. However, when I now try to log in I get the following error: We couldn't connect to the remote PC. Make sure the PC is turned on and connected to the network, and that remote access is enabled. Error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. It say error code: 0x204