Windows 10: Windows Remote Support

Discus and support Windows Remote Support in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have/had Windows 10 Home 64 bit, upgraded back in 2015 from Windows 8.1 purchased in a store legitimately. This means I have a digital licence for an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Adam Valente, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Windows Remote Support

I have/had Windows 10 Home 64 bit, upgraded back in 2015 from Windows 8.1 purchased in a store legitimately. This means I have a digital licence for an retail copy of Windows. I checked and confirmed this.

After a hardware failure, motherboard and HDD replacement and an attempt to reinstall windows I find myself like many others unable to activate Windows 10.

I contact support calling the number direct from the Microsoft site, create a case and I'm told that to confirm that my copy of windows is genuine someone will need to access my PC remotely. I told the agent that there is no HDD from the previous install and that any reference to this licence would have gone with the motherboard. I tell the agent I do have an invoice as proof of purchase but I've no idea where my Windows 8 key is, I've moved house since then.

The agent tells me a tech support agent will call me back at 6pm and they will find the files.

Is this normal behavior for Microsoft? Do they normally want to remote onto your PC? Is it even possible to locate files with no original HDD?

A little paranoid having had cold calls from 'Microsoft' in the past, though these called me out of the blue and it was very obvious that it was a scam.

Hoping to double check with the community before I follow their lead. Advice?

Thanks,

Adam

:)

Adam Valente, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Windows Remote Support

remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows Remote Support

1. Windows Remote Support - Similar Threads - Remote Support

2. Does the Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Microsoft Store support multiple displays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Microsoft Store support multiple displays?: I installed the MS Store version and the stand-alone version, but only on the stand-alone I can right-click Multisession Desktop and select Settings. Under settings, I can change the display configuration. However, that's not an option with the MS Store version [10.2.3]....
  3. Does the Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Microsoft Store support multiple displays?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does the Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Microsoft Store support multiple displays?: I installed the MS Store version and the stand-alone version, but only on the stand-alone I can right-click Multisession Desktop and select Settings. Under settings, I can change the display configuration. However, that's not an option with the MS Store version [10.2.3]....
  4. When will the remote desktop client support passwordless Microsoft accounts?

When will the remote desktop client support passwordless Microsoft accounts?: This page confirms it does not work yet:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-go-passwordless-with-your-microsoft-account-674ce301-3574-4387-a93d-916751764c43If the one time password from the authenticator app worked, that would be fine. Not essential to...
  5. When will the remote desktop client support passwordless Microsoft accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will the remote desktop client support passwordless Microsoft accounts?: This page confirms it does not work yet:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-go-passwordless-with-your-microsoft-account-674ce301-3574-4387-a93d-916751764c43If the one time password from the authenticator app worked, that would be fine. Not essential to...
  6. Microsoft Quick Assist remote support messes up font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Quick Assist remote support messes up font: When using Microsoft Support they connect to your computer using Quick Assist, when this happens the font becomes unclear. I have to go to ClearType text in Start Menu, disable and re-enable it to fix it. Does anyone else have this? I found Microsoft forum posts of it...
  7. Microsoft Quick Assist remote support messes up font

Microsoft Quick Assist remote support messes up font: When using Microsoft Support they connect to your computer using Quick Assist, when this happens the font becomes unclear. I have to go to ClearType text in Start Menu, disable and re-enable it to fix it. Does anyone else have this? I found Microsoft forum posts of it...
  8. Microsoft Quick Assist remote support messes up font

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Windows 11 not supporting remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not supporting remote desktop: In my lap windows 11 not supporting remote desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-not-supporting-remote-desktop/676b5d7e-8af8-408b-99d2-e04d6933b97b
  10. Windows 11 not supporting remote desktop

Windows 11 not supporting remote desktop: In my lap windows 11 not supporting remote desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-not-supporting-remote-desktop/676b5d7e-8af8-408b-99d2-e04d6933b97b