Windows 10: Windows Removed Ability to Disable Track Pad

Discus and support Windows Removed Ability to Disable Track Pad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Beginning with the Windows 10 1903 update, laptop owners can no longer disable their track pad. What in the world are you thinking, Microsoft?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by User_333, Sep 20, 2019.

1. User_333 Win User

Windows Removed Ability to Disable Track Pad

Beginning with the Windows 10 1903 update, laptop owners can no longer disable their track pad.

What in the world are you thinking, Microsoft?

:)

User_333, Sep 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 Track pad failure

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Welcome to Windows 10 family.

I would suggest you to install all your Windows Updates as this seems to be a driver issue. If the issue still persists, try updating your track pad drivers from Device Manager and check. Please follow the steps below and check:

• Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X, click on
      Control Panel; select System and Maintenance.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, locate track pad drivers and double-click to check if it’s working properly.
    • Go to Driver tab, then click on Update Driver. And follow the instructions.

Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Sep 20, 2019
  3. disable mouse pad on windows 10

I have a Asus laptop computer, Mod. number X53E. I have tried everything suggested to disable my touch pad mouse but none of the suggestions have help me disable it. Help.

wayne dumanski, Sep 20, 2019
  4. n3rdy Win User

Track pad not responding

Hi.

I am using windows precision drivers (HID compliant) and on Windows 10 Pro (1809). My track pad was operating perfectly until I plugged in my printer via usb. It then became very slow and eventually stopped responding. I removed the printer's usb cable and
    the track pad is very slow. I do not know what to do. Please help.

n3rdy, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Removed Ability to Disable Track Pad - Similar Threads - Removed Ability Disable

2. Disabling a laptop's keyboard and track pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling a laptop's keyboard and track pad: I'm on a laptop and I want to disable the keyboard and trackpad on in because I'm using external ones through a USB connection. How can I do that?...
  3. Disabling a laptop's keyboard and track pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling a laptop's keyboard and track pad: I'm on a laptop and I want to disable the keyboard and trackpad on in because I'm using external ones through a USB connection. How can I do that?...
  4. Track Pad Not Giving All Functionality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Track Pad Not Giving All Functionality: Hello Community!A small and ignorable issue I have. My laptop's track pad only moves the mouse or does the normal click functionality on tapping it, which is normal for every touchpad. But what is also normal for other touch pads is the other gestures that they have, the...
  5. Track Pad is only moving cursor

Track Pad is only moving cursor: Hey everyone! I am Uzair Abdullah from Pakistan. I recently bought a LENOVO laptop second hand, LENOVO 4384WCV and windows 10 is installed on it. I searched the internet if there were any trackpad gestures for scrolling or stuff like this and there were. I tried them but...
  6. Mouse and track pad stopped working

Mouse and track pad stopped working: I was coding using python on my laptop and my usb mouse shut off. I tried plugging it into other usb ports and it wouldn’t work. My trackpad is also not working at all and won’t respond to me sliding or pressing it. How can I fix this?...
  7. Track pad unresponsive

Track pad unresponsive: So my track pad recently stopped working. I uninstalled the driver and then the track pad worked for a minute on the sign in screen and then after I put in my password the track pad stopped responding again. I uninstalled the driver again and the same thing happened. Any...
  8. Fully disable track pad gestures??!?!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fully disable track pad gestures??!?!?: I am hoping someone may be able to help me. I am at my wits end with this issue. I recently purchased an Onn 11.6in Windows tablet. It is working pretty decently except for one major annoyance. I cannot get the gestures to stop on the track pad. Unfortunately the track pad is...
  9. Track pad not responding

Track pad not responding: Hi. I am using windows precision drivers (HID compliant) and on Windows 10 Pro (1809). My track pad was operating perfectly until I plugged in my printer via usb. It then became very slow and eventually stopped responding. I removed the printer's usb cable and the track pad...
  10. Track pad on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Track pad on windows 10: I have just got a new laptop with windows 10. I was adjusting my settings and by mistake i turned off the trackpad and can no longer move the cursor! how do i turn the trackpad back on without the trackpad working?...