Windows 10: Windows removing monitor drivers after september update

Discus and support Windows removing monitor drivers after september update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The driver monitors for my second monitor keep getting removed after each full power down. Its stating removing the correct drivers and instead saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shingara, Oct 17, 2018.

1. shingara Win User

Windows removing monitor drivers after september update

The driver monitors for my second monitor keep getting removed after each full power down. Its stating removing the correct drivers and instead saying its a generic monitor and forcing a resolution of 600x800 even after i manually install the drivers for a syncmaster sa950 and restart. So it is throwing out the correct drivers and forcing the 'generic' drivers on and the only way to try and fix it is to uninstall the device and restart over and over until it uses a generic driver that actually uses the right resolution.

So no matter what it will not accept the correct drivers and for some reason keeps forcing the low resolution drivers after each power down.

This has only started happening after the September update. there is obviously something very wrong with this update and its inability to A, use the correct in-house windows drivers and B, the removal of the drivers you manually install for the device.

:)

shingara, Oct 17, 2018

2. ASUS PB278Q Monitor drivers..

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that primary monitor of your computer says that there are no driver updates to Windows 10. We will help you to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform that as the manufacturer website says there are no updated driver, you will have to wait for the drivers to be released.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps as a workaround and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to try the steps check for the updates using below updates:

• Right click on the Start button on the desktop and select
      Device manager.

• With Device Manager open, click
      >
      icon to open the category that you think contains the device you want to update the drivers for.

• Once you've found the device you're updating drivers for, right click on the hardware's name or icon and choose
      Update Driver Software.

• The Update Driver Software wizard will begin, which we'll completely step through to finish the Windows 10 driver update for this piece of hardware.

• Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Note: If updates are found the device would be updated.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Windows removing monitor drivers after september update

Unable to access multiple tasks using drag option on dual monitors in Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click
      on the Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to remove the external monitor, re-add and check with the status.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of handling the tasks on dual monitors for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows removing monitor drivers after september update

1. Windows removing monitor drivers after september update - Similar Threads - removing monitor drivers

2. Dual Boot problem after September update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot problem after September update: I have dual-boot Windows 10 on a Desktop i7 PC. I've been using it for ~3 years. When the September updates came out, I installed them on my primary system with no problem. Later yesterday I installed them on my secondary system. The installation went fine with no problems,...
  3. Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September: Both the screen saver and the monitor power settings have stopped working after recent updates in both September and October. I have updated the drivers for the graphic card and monitor, reverted power management settings to default and then went back and changed them so that...
  4. Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September: Both the screen saver and the monitor power settings have stopped working after recent updates in both September and October. I have updated the drivers for the graphic card and monitor, reverted power management settings to default and then went back and changed them so that...
  5. Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  6. windows update removed monitor pnp driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows update removed monitor pnp driver: windows update removed monitor pnp driverblack screen upon entering windows.can enter safe mode and see driver gone.auto update or reinstall driver doesn't help....
  7. Mouse not working after September Windows 10 update

Mouse not working after September Windows 10 update: After the September Windows 10 update, the Logitech mouse does not work correctly. Although the settings are correct, the buttons are often reversed or inactive. The cursor often doesn't move. I have uninstalled the Windows update, the mouse driver, and every other...
  8. after updating drivers, monitor is not working

after updating drivers, monitor is not working: After updating my GPU drivers, my computer stopped recognizing the monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-updating-drivers-monitor-is-not-working/48d41498-596e-462e-b776-2a882baca5ca
  9. Bluetooth driver removed after update

Bluetooth driver removed after update: need help in how to reinstall BlueTooth drivers on windows 10, every time it updates it takes it away... I cannot uninstall the drivers and I have restarted my laptop and done all the updates etc. please help this absurd, I never asked to be in the insiders and Microsoft...
  10. Windows Update (September 2019)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update (September 2019): Hello, I have twice tried to update Windows with the latest support edition and twice it has run all night and jammed at 66%. I left it a further 4 hours to try and sort it self out but in the end I had to close my computer, physically. On re start it said " Undoing...