Windows 10: Windows repair can't boot up the laptop

Discus and support Windows repair can't boot up the laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have just pluged out my ssd and put it in another pc it was working fine but as soon as I put it back in my previous pc it started to run windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AMANAaRYAN, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Windows repair can't boot up the laptop

I have just pluged out my ssd and put it in another pc it was working fine but as soon as I put it back in my previous pc it started to run windows repair and at last it says it can't fix it. I tried to restore then it says that a partition is missing what to do please help.

:)

AMANAaRYAN, Jul 13, 2021

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jul 13, 2021
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jul 13, 2021
  4. spy2520 Win User

Windows repair can't boot up the laptop

boot repairs?

i updated the bios on my rampage formula. And now for some reason my system automatically boots to Windows XP and i dont have the usual choices of OSes. I have been triple-booting XP, Vista, and Windows 7 for a while now, and i always got the boot screen where i could choose which one.

I tried putting the discs in and repairing the boot sector or whatever its called for both Vista and Windows 7 and it didnt work. It was kinda automated in that i would choose the repair option and it would automatically pop up that the boot record was missing or corrupt and asked me if i wanted to repair that. It did this for Windows 7 and Vista. Both the partitions are recognized as Windows partitions when using the repair feature. But it still just boots into XP. I can figure it out. I guess i could wipe it and reinstall all 3.

spy2520, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows repair can't boot up the laptop

1. Windows repair can't boot up the laptop - Similar Threads - repair can't boot

2. Why can't my laptop boot up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why can't my laptop boot up?: I've recently got a computer this Christmas. When I boot it up if gives me two options both being "Windows 10 volume 3" every time I click one of them I get sent back to the screen. Please help...
  3. Why can't my laptop boot up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't my laptop boot up?: I've recently got a computer this Christmas. When I boot it up if gives me two options both being "Windows 10 volume 3" every time I click one of them I get sent back to the screen. Please help...
  4. Why can't my laptop boot up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't repair windows start up

Can't repair windows start up: I have a Dell Inspiron 3277 running Windows 10. It shut itself down yesterday and when restarting, I got the error 0xc00000f, which seems to indicate a boot issue. I have followed the bootrec steps to do the whole /fixmbr, fixboot, etc. It doesn't work. Scanning all...
  6. Laptop always booting up to repair on every startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop always booting up to repair on every startup: Its acer laptop. The touchpad stopped work maybe it was damaged cuz I dropped few times - everything else works fine. After that I started getting BSOD when I did automatic driver or windows update. The BSOD error it gave me was somethijg synaptic blah blah touchpad. So I...
  7. My laptop can't boot after reset and repair

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop can't boot after reset and repair: I did a factory reset to my laptop, but to my surprise I couldn't create an account nor log in to only one available account which was "other user" - tried to log in with microsoft account, but couldn't. > I've read that I should try to create an account on administrator...
  8. Laptop can't boot up - stuck in Windows Recovery

Laptop can't boot up - stuck in Windows Recovery: Hi all, So a series of events have occurred in the past few weeks that led up to this point but essentially when I turn on the laptop (dell xps15) it boots instantly to Automatic Repair and says it couldn't repair the pc etc. I have tried (almost) everything in the...
  9. Automatic Repair Loop: Can't Boot windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Loop: Can't Boot windows: After flashing my motherboard to the latest bios, I have been getting an automatic repair Loop at the screen that displays the keys to enter the bios, followed by the automatic repair screen with the log file F:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim/System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt...
  10. Windows 10 boot up repair

Windows 10 boot up repair: Hello Microsoft, My Explorer.exe has been failing to run on start up for some time now. I've tried everything I can think of short of reinstalling windows. I looked at the 'shell' value which was correct. Tried booting in safe mode but it still fails to start automatically....