Windows 10: Windows Repair doesn't work because of hard disk issue

Discus and support Windows Repair doesn't work because of hard disk issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I received an error from Dell Assist when it attempted to update a hard drive driver. I hard booted the computer performed all of the hard disk tests... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KF_CO, Sep 16, 2020.

1. KF_CO Win User

Windows Repair doesn't work because of hard disk issue

I received an error from Dell Assist when it attempted to update a hard drive driver. I hard booted the computer performed all of the hard disk tests scandisk, chkdisk, predictive failure test and all came back fine. Also used Dell Assist and it originally reported a hard drive problem, but when running those tests after the initial error, all came back clear. The computer boots without a problem. When I tried to do a Windows Repair from boot, I receive the dreaded SrtTrail.txt error. The only possible issue is under System Disk see below.

Startup Repair diagnosis and repair log

---------------------------

Last successful boot time: ‎9/‎16/‎2020 7:52:43 PM GMT

Number of repair attempts: 1

Session details

System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0

Windows directory = C:\WINDOWS

AutoChk Run = 0

Number of root causes = 1

Test Performed:

Name: Check for updates

Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:

Name: System disk test

Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Disk failure diagnosis

Time taken = 16 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Disk metadata test

Time taken = 234 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Disk metadata test

Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Target OS test

Time taken = 16 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Volume content check

Time taken = 31 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Boot manager diagnosis

Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:

Name: System boot log diagnosis

Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Event log diagnosis

Time taken = 16 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Internal state check

Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Check for installed LCU

Time taken = 2984 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Check for installed driver updates

Time taken = 1203 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Check for pending package install

Time taken = 2219 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Boot status test

Time taken = 0 ms

Root cause found:

Boot status indicates that the OS booted successfully.

Can you think of anything else that I can do? Seems like the hard drive is fine on all tests, but a Windows Repair doesn't work.

Thank you.

:)

KF_CO, Sep 16, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows Repair doesn't work because of hard disk issue [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 16, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows Repair doesn't work because of hard disk issue [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Sep 16, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Hello everybody.
    First of all, I want to apologize for my English, is not my natural language.
    After a normal power off, my laptop didn`t run Windows normally and showed a blue screen saying
    "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. [...]
    Stop code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO"
    After several restarts, the display showed "preparing automatic repair' and 'diagnosing your PC'. The result was 'automatic repair couldn't repair your PC' and gave a log file, D:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt.
    I tried to restore windows to a previous point, but it was impossible (It was not possible to delete some file at D:\$MFT\. Error 0x8007007b).
    I decided to reinstall windows. Only 24 hours after reinstalling windows, the same problem appeared again.
    Following a friend`s advice, I opened srttrail.txt using cmd.
    All error codes were 0x0 except "check installing lcu". That one was 0x17 (I don`t know how to copy the file and post it here. I`m sorry).
    I searched in google for a solution but i didn`t find anything helpful.
    Could anyone help me, please! Thanks

BetoLP, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Repair doesn't work because of hard disk issue - Similar Threads - Repair doesn't hard

2. hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard disk issue: my hard disk suddenly stopped showing up in anywhere i can hear it running ofc its not showing in disk management and its not showing is device manager under the disk driver and universal serial bus controllers but i found it here I'm sure its the drive because I tried take...
  3. hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard disk issue: my hard disk suddenly stopped showing up in anywhere i can hear it running ofc its not showing in disk management and its not showing is device manager under the disk driver and universal serial bus controllers but i found it here I'm sure its the drive because I tried take...
  4. A hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A hard disk issue: Hello Microsoft, a few days ago, i wanted to format D volume but when i format D or E volumes the Blue Screen of Death appears and shows me this stop code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. In addition, after the system boots up and the explorer lunches, once I open...
  5. A hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A hard disk issue: Hello Microsoft, a few days ago, i wanted to format D volume but when i format D or E volumes the Blue Screen of Death appears and shows me this stop code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. In addition, after the system boots up and the explorer lunches, once I open...
  6. A hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Hard disk issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk issue: Hi, i am facing some wierd issue with my hdd it is working extremely slow and there are sudden usage spikes to 100% and then goes to 4% then again it goes 100 %. even when disk is transferring no data its usage is 100.can anyone tell what is the problem? I think my hdd is...
  8. Hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk issue: Hi, i am facing some wierd issue with my hdd it is working extremely slow and there are sudden usage spikes to 100% and then goes to 4% then again it goes 100 %. even when disk is transferring no data its usage is 100.can anyone tell what is the problem? I think my hdd is...
  9. Hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard disk issue: Dear Team, Few days back while working my laptop switched off automatically and when I tried to restart, found my hard disk got crashed. I have reinstall new hard disk but unfortunately I have lost all the backup and not sure how to activate my windows as i dont have the key...
  10. A hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A hard disk issue: Hello Microsoft, A few months ago, I found that my laptop boots up and runs tasks slowly, tell I discovered that the C volume is about to getting full. So, (using EaseUS Partition Master) I tried to shrink a part of D volume and move it to C volume. Until the last...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bad_system_config_info 0x0 bad hard disk no installation disk