Windows 10: Windows repair/reinstall getting stuck

Discus and support Windows repair/reinstall getting stuck in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I try to reinstall or repair widows, the progress will get stuck at a certain percentage. Sometimes 1%, sometimes 90. I have heard that I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TomBanyard, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Windows repair/reinstall getting stuck

Whenever I try to reinstall or repair widows, the progress will get stuck at a certain percentage. Sometimes 1%, sometimes 90. I have heard that I am supposed to leave it but I have left it for 12+ hours and had no progress, and the windows repair was moving fairly quickly in completion until it reached around 90% where it just stopped. Is there anything I can do?

:)

TomBanyard, Aug 5, 2021
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Windows 10 stuck "preparing automatic repair"

Hi Debbie,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please provide the information below:

• Have you tried to perform the Startup repair method which is provided in the previous post?
    • Are you getting any error code?

I suggested in the previous post, try to first download the Windows ISO file and create Windows 10 Installation Media.

Then I recommend you to follow the steps which is provided in the above method to perform start-up repair of the computer and let us know if you need any assistance while performing the above steps.

Please get back to us with an update on startup repair issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Ztruker Win User

Windows repair/reinstall getting stuck

Stuck in Startup Repair

After doing this, I'm now totally dead in the water.

Windows repair/reinstall getting stuck [​IMG]

Can't even get back to Startup Repair.

Ztruker, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows repair/reinstall getting stuck

1. Windows repair/reinstall getting stuck - Similar Threads - repair reinstall getting

2. Windows needing repair/reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows needing repair/reinstall: I restarted my pc due to a program not behaving correctly, and then the system wouldnt boot properly, i tried to reinstall Windows both by keeping files and by wiping, but theres too little space on the drive i have for Windows to reinstall, can someone tell me how i can...
  3. Windows needing repair/reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows needing repair/reinstall: I restarted my pc due to a program not behaving correctly, and then the system wouldnt boot properly, i tried to reinstall Windows both by keeping files and by wiping, but theres too little space on the drive i have for Windows to reinstall, can someone tell me how i can...
  4. Stuck on auto repair screen and screen gets stuck again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on auto repair screen and screen gets stuck again: I’m stuck on auto repair loop and while the loop continues the screen gets stucks again and it gets pixelated? So i can’t run command prompt because the screen will get stuck again with red pixels....
  5. Stuck on auto repair screen and screen gets stuck again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on auto repair screen and screen gets stuck again: I’m stuck on auto repair loop and while the loop continues the screen gets stucks again and it gets pixelated? So i can’t run command prompt because the screen will get stuck again with red pixels....
  6. Stuck on auto repair screen and screen gets stuck again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 Repair and Reinstall

Windows 10 Repair and Reinstall: My windows is having some issues and I needed to repair that by using an ISO file. I don't want to lose any of my installed programmed to get removed after reinstallation so I tried reinstalling with the ISO file but UNFORTUNATELY, IT DIDNT LET ME CHOOSE WHAT TO KEEP i.e....
  8. Windows stuck in auto repair loop. Anyway to reinstall and keep programs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows stuck in auto repair loop. Anyway to reinstall and keep programs?: I know you can reinstall and keep files but I'm wondering if there's anyway to keep programs as well? Specifically Office as when I bought it for college years ago I was not given the code key (some shady shit man) and don't really want to have to re-buy it if can avoid it....
  9. Repair Windows by reinstalling

Repair Windows by reinstalling: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 when the upgrade was free. Now my laptop is running very slow and I want to start from a fresh install, but I don't have any media to install from, since it was a free upgrade download. My son bought Windows 10 home to reinstall his laptop....
  10. Can't get Windows repaired or reinstalled

Can't get Windows repaired or reinstalled: I have a Samsung Laptop, 2.3 dual core with 6 gp RAM. IT started to act very suspect; taking hours to boot up. After running Malwarebytes and the scans from Avast (as well as defrag and cleaning cache with CCLeaner and Glarys) I put in the recovery disc. I tried to restore...