Windows 10: Windows repair upgrade doesnt work, black screen during attempted restart.

Discus and support Windows repair upgrade doesnt work, black screen during attempted restart. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all,I've been tasked with repairing a pc that a friend of mine owns but it seems to have me stumped. What started out as a simple audio driver issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DGJScout., Jul 6, 2021.

1. DGJScout. Win User

Windows repair upgrade doesnt work, black screen during attempted restart.

Hi all,I've been tasked with repairing a pc that a friend of mine owns but it seems to have me stumped. What started out as a simple audio driver issue soon turned into a plethora of problems ranging from slow hard drive speeds to a corrupted windows installation. The hard drive makes sense, as it is a lower end 2tb storage drive from Seagate. It seems that it is slowed from poor use from the user. That makes sense. What has me stumped is the failure to shutdown or restart. As of right now any time the pc should shut down or restart it hangs on a black screen with the tower still on. This appl

:)

DGJScout., Jul 6, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 6, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jul 6, 2021
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows repair upgrade doesnt work, black screen during attempted restart. - Similar Threads - repair upgrade doesnt

2. pc asking to restart and attempt to repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc asking to restart and attempt to repair: My pc is always asking to restart and it happens over and over again, it keeps saying that it is attempting to repair my computer but nothing happens, my PC is always getting slow at times, and I've tried to do the start-up repair option but not even that works....
  3. pc asking to restart and attempt to repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc asking to restart and attempt to repair: My pc is always asking to restart and it happens over and over again, it keeps saying that it is attempting to repair my computer but nothing happens, my PC is always getting slow at times, and I've tried to do the start-up repair option but not even that works....
  4. pc asking to restart and attempt to repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen after attempting automatic repairs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black screen after attempting automatic repairs: I was playing a game this morning and it froze, and the task manager couldnt close it so I tried to reboot the pc but it got stuck so i ended up unplugging and plugging it back in. Then windows wouldnt boot so i went in to safe mode, In safe mode I realised that my hard...
  6. Windows 10 black screen during installation and every restart

Windows 10 black screen during installation and every restart: My problem was solved by removing the Logitech Anywhere MX mouse's usb dongle. I went to Logitech's website and downloaded the firmware for my mouse's model and the problem was resolved....
  7. Automatic repair loop and black screen on usb boot attempt

Automatic repair loop and black screen on usb boot attempt: Hello everyone. As a non english speaker, I'll try to be the more precise as I can. Sorry for the mistakes that I could leave ! I'm facing a really strange problem and I feel I tried everything I can without success. I got an ACER computer on which I installed Windows...
  8. Black screen after 75% during upgrading to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after 75% during upgrading to win10: Hi, I successfully upgraded 2 computers, but have problem with my notebook HP ProBook 4320s. When upgrading reach 75% (100% installing drivers), black screen appears and I have to turn it off and on, then it restores to previous win7. I upgraded all drivers and BIOS with...
  9. Black Screens To Prevalent During Upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screens To Prevalent During Upgrade to 10: There are constant black screens that block out the view of what a user's machine is doing during an Upgrade or even at boot. I have posted this before and got silly answers like just look at your Hard Drive LED. Well to me and some others this is not a joke. I own my machine...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade: Black Screen During Installation/Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade: Black Screen During Installation/Reboot: I tried upgrading to Windows 10 this evening, and during the installation process my computer rebooted a few times. The second time it rebooted, all I saw was a black screen and it stayed like that. I could see my mouse cursor on the black screen but nothing happened. I tried...