Windows 10: Windows repeatedly crashes after a few hours of use, Memory_manegement error

Discus and support Windows repeatedly crashes after a few hours of use, Memory_manegement error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I have built a new PC which I have installed windows on via a USB with the media creation tool taken from my old PC. The problem I have is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ViktorPontéus, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Windows repeatedly crashes after a few hours of use, Memory_manegement error

Hi!

I have built a new PC which I have installed windows on via a USB with the media creation tool taken from my old PC. The problem I have is that windows crashes after a few hours of use and then repeatedly crashes shortly after the restart until I can eventually shut it of. The error message varies but is often Memory_Manegement. I find that windows crashes after I've closed an application and try to open a new one but nothing happens and after a approx 30 sec I get a blue screen. I have reinstalled windows several times both via the built in reinstallation tool and via the USB, and it has crashes during some of installations. I haven't activated windows yet as the product key I bought doesn't seem to work which I have contacted support for at the place I bought the key.

I read that you needed some info in so called dmp-files and MSinfo32, so I have shared them in OneDrive here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArirZRuldtnQggz-na5OSbvNwMWB?e=hXSIOZ

My system specs are: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX 3070, Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro-P, WD Blue SN550 SSD 1TB M.2 NVMe, and Kingston HyperX Fury RGB DDR4 3600MHz 2x8GB

I have tried everything I can and am desperate to have this fixed. After having spent so much time and money on this PC I don't want it rendered useless due to an instable windows installation. I am thankful for all the help I can get.

:)

ViktorPontéus, Dec 19, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 19, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 19, 2020
  4. DrZoo Win User

Windows repeatedly crashes after a few hours of use, Memory_manegement error

Various applications crashing, mostly from error 0xc0000005

KScorp, did you ever find any solution to this? I've been having the same problem for a while now. I too have the issue mostly when gaming (GTA5, BF4) I should try other games too. The crashing is pretty random as well. I thought I had it fixed today because I played GTA and BF4 for about 3 hours total with no crash. Then it suddenly crashed while I was in GTA5.

Things I have tried:
    • Run Memtest86, for over 24 hours. (Did this twice, no errors)
    • Microsoft Memory Diagnostic (No erros)
    • Tested all HDD's for bad sectors (all were good)
    • Uninstalled/reinstalled Nvidia drivers with DDU (still crashes)
    • Uninstalled Nvidia drivers again and moved GPU, a GTX 680, to different PCIe slot (still crashes)
    • Ran OCCT PSU test for 3 hours (nothing crashed)
    • Ran Driver Verifier to ensure driver integrity (ran for 16+ hours, no BSOD from misbehaving driver)

Things to try still:
    • Flash BIOS to updated version
    • Reinstall Windows 10 (this was happening with Windows 7 before fresh install/update to Win 10 so I don't think that was the issue)
    • Any other suggestions
    • Smash with hammer

DrZoo, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows repeatedly crashes after a few hours of use, Memory_manegement error

1. Windows repeatedly crashes after a few hours of use, Memory_manegement error - Similar Threads - repeatedly crashes few

2. OS crashing every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OS crashing every few hours: My operating system Windows 10 has been rock solid for a couple of years now. I attribute this mostly due to the fact that I have managed to prevent the operating system from updating all that time through various methods. A couple of months or so ago Windows suddenly got...
  3. OS crashing every few hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OS crashing every few hours: My operating system Windows 10 has been rock solid for a couple of years now. I attribute this mostly due to the fact that I have managed to prevent the operating system from updating all that time through various methods. A couple of months or so ago Windows suddenly got...
  4. OS crashing every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. consistent crash after a few hours of use. tried resetting pc, but the issue still...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    consistent crash after a few hours of use. tried resetting pc, but the issue still...: Hello Microsoft community! I'm having a bit of a hiccup with my Dell OptiPlex 9020, 8Gb ram.I typically use this pc for light gaming, game development blender, Unreal Engine, and streaming platforms such as Hulu, Netflix, peacock, etc.. over the past couple of weeks, it has...
  6. consistent crash after a few hours of use. tried resetting pc, but the issue still...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    consistent crash after a few hours of use. tried resetting pc, but the issue still...: Hello Microsoft community! I'm having a bit of a hiccup with my Dell OptiPlex 9020, 8Gb ram.I typically use this pc for light gaming, game development blender, Unreal Engine, and streaming platforms such as Hulu, Netflix, peacock, etc.. over the past couple of weeks, it has...
  7. consistent crash after a few hours of use. tried resetting pc, but the issue still...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Facebook crashes after only scrolling a few hours on my news feed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facebook crashes after only scrolling a few hours on my news feed: Hi, It appears this issue has come up before on this forum, but not in this particular form. My Facebook crashes after only scrolling a few hours into my news feed. It used to go back 24 hours or more, and even then it would just not go any farther, it wouldn't crash. Now,...
  9. Memory leak after a few hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory leak after a few hours: Hey, I have this weird issue with my OS. I have 16GB of RAM and whenever I boot the OS the RAM usage is 14%. After a few hours the memory usage is going to 30%+ although there isn't any program that uses that much. I can't know which program causing this because it...
  10. W10 always malfunctioning after each few hours of continuous use

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 always malfunctioning after each few hours of continuous use: Greetings. I upgraded to W10 a few months ago and one of the most annoying issues I have is the OS always starts malfunctioning after being used for a few hours. The explorer context menu labels disappear, the explorer shortcuts stop working, the explorer doesn't refresh...