Windows 10: Windows repeatedly crashes - RAM problem?

Discus and support Windows repeatedly crashes - RAM problem? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I've been experiencing problems with my laptop for nearly two weeks. Even though I have not yet figured out what the triggering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SanRicht, Jan 23, 2021.

1. SanRicht Win User

Windows repeatedly crashes - RAM problem?

Hello everyone,

I've been experiencing problems with my laptop for nearly two weeks. Even though I have not yet figured out what the triggering event of the crash is, typically the situation unfolds as follows: before the blue screen pops up, the overall performance of my laptop slows down to a point where it is difficult to perform even the most basic tasks especially when the computer is running in battery mode; In response to the situation, I updated windows and the graphic card drivers to their latest versions and launched the Windows memory diagnostic app no errors were found, so the issue seems to stem from a different source. I also tried to check out the DUMP files but failed to identify what is causing the blue screens. Some of the messages are:

- A corrupt PTE has been detected. Parameter 2 contains the address of the PTE. Parameters 3/4 contain the low/high parts of the PTE.

- The system cumulatively spent an extended period of time at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. The offending component can usually be identified with a stack trace.

I'm not entirely sure whether this information is relevant or not, but I have the feeling that the glitches have increased since I bought a monitor to complement my laptop screen. Could this be a simple coincidence?

PC specs:

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz

Installed RAM: 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 20H2

OS build: 19042.746

Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

BaseBoard Manufacturer: DELL Inc

BaseBoard Product: 03PVDF

BaseBoard Version: A00

Link for the DUMP files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AifI4fv3FS_0gz2EEAYuycImhVx9?e=Jazj28

:)

SanRicht, Jan 23, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 23, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 23, 2021
  4. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows repeatedly crashes - RAM problem? - Similar Threads - repeatedly crashes RAM

2. Windows 11 Crashing Repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Crashing Repeatedly: Good afternoon,Over the past week or so I have been having repeated issues with Windows 11 crashing and rebooting. Sometimes when I am actively using it, others at some point whil it is idle and locked. I have run tests on all hard drives and memory and have not been able to...
  3. Windows 11 Crashing Repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Crashing Repeatedly: Good afternoon,Over the past week or so I have been having repeated issues with Windows 11 crashing and rebooting. Sometimes when I am actively using it, others at some point whil it is idle and locked. I have run tests on all hard drives and memory and have not been able to...
  4. Windows 10 crashing repeatedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashing repeatedly: Hello,My laptop running Windows 10 keeps crashing and showing stop error: "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" along with the code "amdacpapd.sys." I have tried restarting, going into safe mode and troubleshooting, but the problem persists. Please help!...
  5. Windows 10 crashing repeatedly

Windows 10 crashing repeatedly: Hello,My laptop running Windows 10 keeps crashing and showing stop error: "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" along with the code "amdacpapd.sys." I have tried restarting, going into safe mode and troubleshooting, but the problem persists. Please help!...
  6. Windows 11 Crashing repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Crashing repeatedly: Hi All,Wanted to see if someone could help. My computer keeps crashing and it's the same report each time:SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎7/‎12/‎2021 9:23 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem...
  7. Windows 11 Crashing repeatedly

Windows 11 Crashing repeatedly: Hi All,Wanted to see if someone could help. My computer keeps crashing and it's the same report each time:SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎7/‎12/‎2021 9:23 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem...
  8. Windows repeatedly crashes into BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows repeatedly crashes into BSOD: I've had an 1TB HD with newly Windows 10 installed(From Microsoft's website), the system worked great for a couple of hours and then it crashed with BSOD showing error code "PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA" The documentation suggests that this might be an hardware problem so I...
  9. Windows 10 repeated crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 repeated crashing: Hello, I've built my own computer, but I'm trying to find out why it keeps crashing so I know what to fix/replace. I'll put the minidumps and my build below, but here are the main details: The time between crashing gets faster and faster between booting. From 30+ minutes...
  10. Repeated Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated Crashing: Mainly when I go to watch youtube, my pc crashes. I have had several errors and they stopped happening for a while so I thought they fixed themselves but they recently came back. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA MEMORY_MANAGEMENT several others which i cannot remember I was...