Windows 10: Windows repeatedly installs printer driver 6.1.7233.1

Discus and support Windows repeatedly installs printer driver 6.1.7233.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I noticed a 2GB download from Microsoft.com today and wondered what it was. I went to Updates and found that the only activity today was installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GregL65, Jan 12, 2021.

1. GregL65 Win User

Windows repeatedly installs printer driver 6.1.7233.1

I noticed a 2GB download from Microsoft.com today and wondered what it was. I went to Updates and found that the only activity today was installing printer driver 6.1.7233.1. And then I noticed that it's been installing that driver almost every day for some time.

I haven't changed anything about my printer in probably a couple years. It's an HP Laserjet M451dn.

When I googled it, there was something about Malwarebytes. I'm not running Malwarebytes; I checked to be sure.

How do I make it stop installing that printer driver?

:)

GregL65, Jan 12, 2021

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jan 12, 2021
  4. GaryS25 Win User

Printer driver unavailable after printer install in windows 10

Hi,

I would suggest reinstalling the printer's legacy drivers.

Here are the complete steps to do so,

1. Press Windows+R and type in control printers

2. Right click the printer with the issue and choose properties

3. Go to the web services tab, save and copy the IP address under troubleshooting information as a reference to the printer's IP address

4. Close the window and right click the same printer

5. Choose to remove device

6. Go to start/search and type in hdwwiz.exe and open the application

7. Choose the option "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list

8. Locate printer and choose next

9. Choose to create a new port and choose standard tcp/ip port

10. On the hostname type in the IP address from the printer that you've saved from step 3

11. Choose the option "Replace the current driver"

12. Choose printer name

13. Choose the option "Share this printer so that others on your network can find and use it.

14. Let the printer install for 5 minutes

GaryS25, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows repeatedly installs printer driver 6.1.7233.1 - Similar Threads - repeatedly installs printer

2. '1' was not functioning anymore but at times, '1' will be spammed repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    '1' was not functioning anymore but at times, '1' will be spammed repeatedly: This event occurred even when my '1' button was still functioning well. Then suddenly the '1' button didn't work anymore, but the '1' spamming still happened from time to time. The most common times this problem will occur are:1. when I started my laptop, it will spam '1'...
  3. '1' was not functioning anymore but at times, '1' will be spammed repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    '1' was not functioning anymore but at times, '1' will be spammed repeatedly: This event occurred even when my '1' button was still functioning well. Then suddenly the '1' button didn't work anymore, but the '1' spamming still happened from time to time. The most common times this problem will occur are:1. when I started my laptop, it will spam '1'...
  4. Printer listed second time as original 1 without a driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer listed second time as original 1 without a driver: This is probably trivial, but I have a Canon Pro-100 printer that has been reinstalled and works fine. In settings, there is another Canon Pro-100 Original 1. The message says, "Driver is unavailable.: I want to clean things up, but there is no ">" on this line to let me...
  5. MS-Printer-6/22/2006 update repeatedly installs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS-Printer-6/22/2006 update repeatedly installs: Everyday I get the notification to install "MS-Printer-6/22/2006 12:00:00AM-6.1.7233.1" Not horrible, but annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-printer-6222006-update-repeatedly-installs/c5bcc414-6f61-4bae-995f-808253dd76fc
  6. Announcing .NET 6 Preview 1

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing .NET 6 Preview 1: Today, we are happy to deliver the first preview of .NET 6 and share what you can expect from the new release. We have been defining the overall shape of the release for the last few months, including a large set of new experiences and capabilities. The heart of .NET 6 is...
  7. 1 monitors 2 printers

1 monitors 2 printers: how do I get my screen and printouts to show black properly as black not grey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1-monitors-2-printers/7971484a-14b1-4a85-a6e0-f047d86915b8
  8. New Surface Pro 6 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - August 1

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 6 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - August 1: Improvements and fixes in the update The following updates are available for all Surface Pro 6 devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update, version 1903 or greater: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. – Bluetooth – 15.68.17013.110...
  9. Printscreen missing 1/6

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printscreen missing 1/6: When I take a screenshot with (Win or Alt)PrintScreen or EasyScreenOCR on my new laptop with Windows10 about 1/6 of the right hand side and bottom of the picture are missing. How do I resolve this? Snipping tool works fine....
  10. printer installs copy(1)

printer installs copy(1): Hi I have a brother all in one MCF-j470dw, I have it installed to 2 different laptops both wireless, both dell windows 10 laptops, one works fine, the other one for some reason lost the original printer from devices and printers section now there is only a copy(1) there. I've...