Windows 10: Windows repeatingly BSODs after issues with NVIDIA graphics driver updates

Discus and support Windows repeatingly BSODs after issues with NVIDIA graphics driver updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday, after playing FIFA 20 demo and having the game crash with supposedly GPU-related errors, I went to update my graphics drivers game ready... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HamDerDolski, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Windows repeatingly BSODs after issues with NVIDIA graphics driver updates

Yesterday, after playing FIFA 20 demo and having the game crash with supposedly GPU-related errors, I went to update my graphics drivers game ready driver via NVIDIA experience as I usually do. I installed the driver with the express option. My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

This led to issues though, first with windows security warning: "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software". Here I pressed "install this driver anyway", which led to NVIDIA experience displaying a "7zip: crc error" some progress later. Here I clicked OK. Before a third way through the installation, NVIDIA experience cancelled the installation with a display saying the installation failed.

After this, Windows started constant rebooting and BSOD everytime, and my display seemed to be connected to the motherboard graphics instead of my graphics card. I quickly made it start in safe mode, ran DDU Display Driver Uninstaller, which uninstalled NVIDIA Experience. Then i went to NVIDIA's website and manually found and downloaded a driver compatible with my graphics card. The driver is NVIDIA Graphics driver 432.00. After installation, i restarted my computer in normal mode, and everything seemed to be fixed. I used the computer for hours afterwards, playing FIFA 20 and browsing the internet.

Today, however, after again having used the computer for hours without issues, i shut my computer off for some hours and i boot it again this afternoon. Now the computer BSOD's again, restarts and repeats rapidly 4 times, and then it boots without problems. This is quite confusing, and I'm concerned it won't be the last time it does this. I have found 5 memory dump files, 1 from one of yesterdays BSODs and 4 from just now. Though I don't know how to link them to this post. Any tips on this?

I hope this has information to understand the problem, or that I have simply misunderstood the cause of some of these errors.

:)

HamDerDolski, Mar 16, 2020

2. Nvidia Driver update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 16, 2020
  3. NVIDIA Graphics driver UPDATE and CRASHING issues? Try this...

I have repeatedly attempted to update my Nvidia graphics drivers through the Nvidia Experience program that is designed to update the drivers. I have never had the program complete successfully once since I started using Windows 10 for the past several YEARS.

I have complained repeatedly to the customer service line about this issue and now I see that the graphics driver is crashing every few seconds and "successfully" restarting to crash again. That looks like a failure to me.

Might I suggest not calling the restart a success until it actually fails to crash for the first few seconds it resumes normal activity, and if it immediately crashes again, maybe the operating system should TELL MICROSOFT ABOUT IT> with the customer's permission
    to send a list of actively running programs and processes with the hardware description.

I am TIRED of being lied to. If I have a standard user account using the administrator's ID to get permission to perform administrative tasks, it should work all the time; any time it does not work as expected because of a non-stated Microsoft Policy to
    protect it's own software, and requires all users to log in as the administrator, is a bit excessive and abuses the standard user with permission to run administrative actions.

If you don't like compromising what you've set up as a standard user, I suggest you make an advanced user profile, and start making the install program from NVIDIA work on WINDOWS 10! THAT IS A BASIC EXPECTATION. (or are you being completely stupid about computer
    operating systems?)

Sole Proprietor of Digital Streamlining Unlimited, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Windows repeatingly BSODs after issues with NVIDIA graphics driver updates

Win10 nvidia driver issue

Hello,

Recently upgraded to Win10, I face some nvidia graphic card driver issue.

Each time I use nvidia graphic card: playing game, or even just open nvidia experience, I got the BSOD

When using the latest driver 355.60, I got a "System thread exception not handled" BSOD.

When using the 353.62, I got a TDR BSOD.

I tried to uninstall both nvidia and intel hd graphic driver by using DDU and re-install them in safe mode many times. Still cannot resolve the issue.

I post this both in Microsoft community and Nvidia forum.

Any help?

PS: I'm using Geforce 765M, Haswell 4700 cpu

minidump in onedrive: http://1drv.ms/1JcN78W

InvinceWang, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows repeatingly BSODs after issues with NVIDIA graphics driver updates

1. Windows repeatingly BSODs after issues with NVIDIA graphics driver updates - Similar Threads - repeatingly BSODs issues

2. Windows not updating Nvidia graphic card/driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not updating Nvidia graphic card/driver: Hello! So to start, today my computer looked very strange and upon further investigation, I realized that the resolution was set to 800 x 600. When I tried to change it, the max value was 1280 x 1024 for some inexplicable reason. I want to put it back into regular HD, but it...
  3. Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop: I attempted to update my Nvidia gpu drivers and as soon as they finished updating I received a BSoD with code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA listing what failed as nviddmkm.sys I know this is an issue with the latest Nvidia driver but I performed a clean install. I cannot load...
  4. Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop: I attempted to update my Nvidia gpu drivers and as soon as they finished updating I received a BSoD with code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA listing what failed as nviddmkm.sys I know this is an issue with the latest Nvidia driver but I performed a clean install. I cannot load...
  5. Nvidia graphics driver update caused a BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Major Nvidia graphics driver issues after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major Nvidia graphics driver issues after 2004 update: So my PC just updated earlier tonight... and when it came back up, all hell kind of broke loose. My graphics card is a Gigabyte 1660 Super; I already had the latest drivers from Nvidia (457.30) installed before tonight, and have had no issues with them. Once the Windows...
  7. Unable to update NVidia graphics driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update NVidia graphics driver.: I'm unable to properly update my graphics Driver. It is a NVidia RTX 2080. Within about 20% of the install the computer reboots. This is not normal. Normally the display will go black then come back and the installation will finish, but not reboot the computer in the process....
  8. Size of this latest windows update and Nvidia graphic driver issue

Size of this latest windows update and Nvidia graphic driver issue: I want to know that what is the size of this latest windows update and my latest Nvidia graphics driver not install with this windows version( current windows 10 home ) if I update with this latest windows will my problem solve?...
  9. NVIDIA Graphics driver UPDATE and CRASHING issues? Try this...

NVIDIA Graphics driver UPDATE and CRASHING issues? Try this...: I have repeatedly attempted to update my Nvidia graphics drivers through the Nvidia Experience program that is designed to update the drivers. I have never had the program complete successfully once since I started using Windows 10 for the past several YEARS. I have...
  10. Issue with Nvidia graphics card after windows update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Issue with Nvidia graphics card after windows update: Hi, forums I just updated my windows 10 to version 1803 and It has brought some issues. First, my HDMI port is not working, I am on a laptop btw so it's an integrated graphics card. I also can not access my Nvidia control panel because it gives me an error that says no...