Windows 10: Windows reporting corrupted and dirty drive when it isn't

Discus and support Windows reporting corrupted and dirty drive when it isn't in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i want to resize a partition but Windows constantly reports that the drive is corrupted when in reality it isn't.Running the command fsutil dirty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chromadef, Jul 26, 2021.

1. chromadef Win User

Windows reporting corrupted and dirty drive when it isn't

So i want to resize a partition but Windows constantly reports that the drive is corrupted when in reality it isn't.Running the command fsutil dirty query c: returns that the drive is dirty when logged into windows, but running that same command in the command prompt when booted to the repair menu gives me the result that the drive is clean.CHKDSK ran through all the five stages in the repair menu and found absolutely no problemssfc /scannow found no problemsDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth detected nothingAll the disk reporting software that used showed no problems with my driveAll th

:)

chromadef, Jul 26, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Dirty Bit Not Resetting

After following the steps fsutil still reports that D: is dirty.

PUFFBALL101961, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows reporting corrupted and dirty drive when it isn't - Similar Threads - reporting corrupted dirty

2. My C drive is dirty.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My C drive is dirty.: Hello, today when I booted my pc there was a screen saying "scanning and repairing drive C:...". I found it strange and searched it up immediatly. Most of the tutorials said for me to do lots of stuff and in the end to go in cmd and use the command "fsutil dirty query C:"....
  3. Drive c: dirty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive c: dirty: Hi, I have a issue with my drive c: being dirty. I tried following the answer in this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-needs-repair-on-every-single-startup/ac83ece6-e18a-4839-b1bd-c5b3a88abe68 , however I don't see command prompt on the...
  4. Drive c: dirty

Drive c: dirty: Hi, I have a issue with my drive c: being dirty. I tried following the answer in this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-needs-repair-on-every-single-startup/ac83ece6-e18a-4839-b1bd-c5b3a88abe68 , however I don't see command prompt on the...
  5. Dirty drive

Dirty drive: How do I clean/fix my dirty C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dirty-drive/cd4384c4-98ca-4011-944e-e7bfaeb8a617
  6. Dirty drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dirty drive: How do I clean/fix my dirty C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dirty-drive/cd4384c4-98ca-4011-944e-e7bfaeb8a617
  7. C: Drive Dirty error

C: Drive Dirty error: Recently started getting repairing and scanning drive every start up because my pc froze one day and wasn't shut off correctly, as in power unplugged. I’ve been on support with Microsoft for 4 hours before giving up and going to bed without an answer. Conclusion was my C:...
  8. Drive is marked as dirty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive is marked as dirty: About a week ago, my computer started giving me a message "Disk checking, press any key to skip" before booting into windows. If I skipped, windows would boot normally and work fine. If I didn't skip, it would say "Scanning and repairing C: x%" and boot into windows normally....
  9. C drive is dirty

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C drive is dirty: So I was getting black screens in my games and on booting my computer it was scanning and repairing my c drives so I went over to command prompt and ran fsutil dirty query c : and it popped off the message that volume c is dirty how do I remove the dirty bits ? Is this what...
  10. When I run fsutil dirty query c: it tells me that the drive is Dirty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I run fsutil dirty query c: it tells me that the drive is Dirty: When I run fsutil dirty query c: it tells me that the drive is Dirty. The computer is only a few months old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-run-fsutil-dirty-query-c-it-tells-me-that/c69678f2-e0c5-4625-b587-d0ca532be332