Windows 10: windows request every time administrator user name and password

Discus and support windows request every time administrator user name and password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, windows is asking me admin username and password every time i do one of the following: 1. go to run> type "msconfig" 2. update and security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by evangelos888, Aug 31, 2019.

1. windows request every time administrator user name and password

Hello,

windows is asking me admin username and password every time i do one of the following:

1. go to run> type "msconfig"

2. update and security > reset this pc or go back to a previous version

in general when i go to "regedit" and "sam" i am getting the message that i don't have permision to look at this file

is there a way to find my admin username and password which to be honest i never set up

:)

evangelos888, Aug 31, 2019
  2. skim33 Win User

User Account Control displays administrator names

Hi Devlin,

Thank you for replying and for taking the time to help me with this. I made the suggested adjustments for the standard user and it does prompt me to enter credentials, but only for the password. The username portion of the prompt displays both of the admin
    accounts (names) I created on the machine. If possible I would like to have the prompt with blank boxes for the user name and the password.

skim33, Aug 31, 2019
  3. User Account Control displays administrator names

Hi,

You may setup User Account Control to ask for the username and password though it will still depend on the user account type.

To change these settings, follow these steps:

To change the elevation prompt behavior for administrators

• Click Start, click Accessories, click
      Run
      , type secpol.msc in the Open box, and then click
      OK.

• From the Local Security Settings console tree, click Local Policies, and then click
      Security Options.

• Scroll down to and double-click User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators.

• From the drop-down menu, select one of the following settings:
      • Elevate without prompting (tasks that request elevation will automatically run as elevated without prompting the administrator)
      • Prompt for credentials (this setting requires user name and password input before an application or task will run as elevated)
      • Prompt for consent (default setting for administrators)

• Click OK.

• Close the Local Security Settings window.

To change the elevation prompt behavior for standard users

• Click Start, click Accessories, click
      Run
      , type secpol.msc in the Open box, and then click
      OK.

• From the Local Security Settings console tree, click Local Policies, and then
      Security Options.

• Scroll down to and double-click User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for standard users.

• From the drop-down menu, select one of the following settings:
      • Automatically deny elevation requests (standard users will not be able to run programs that require elevation, and they will not be prompted)
      • Prompt for credentials (this setting requires user name and password input before an application or task will run as elevated, and it is the default for standard users)

• Click OK.

• Close the Local Security Settings window.

Let us know how it goes.

Devlin Sco, Aug 31, 2019
  4. windows request every time administrator user name and password

Administrator Password request in Windows 10.

Hi John,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We apologize for the delay in response.

We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions related to the query:

• Are you logging in using Microsoft account credentials?
    • When you say “I try to run an app it asks me for the administrator password”, do you mean apps downloaded from Windows store?
    • Are you logging in as a Local user account or an Administrator user account?

If you are logging in using Microsoft account, I suggest you to enter the Microsoft account password and check if you are able to run the apps.

If you are unable to login, I suggest you to change the account password from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Reset your password

If you are logging in as an administrator, I suggest you to enter the password you use to login into Windows and check if you are able to run the apps.

Check if you can access Control Panel window by pressing
    Windows Key + X on the keyboard.

Hope this helps!

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

windows request every time administrator user name and password

1. windows request every time administrator user name and password - Similar Threads - request every administrator

2. What is the user name and password requested enter network credentials and where is it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the user name and password requested enter network credentials and where is it...: Just starting up a new Dell XPS 8950 running Win 11 Pro. I can't get it to connect to my other computers. I have tried several versions but none of these worked. I need to make several computers connect for file sharing.The computers are other computers are 3 running Win 11...
  3. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes require an administrator user name and password.: Hello. I inherited a Windows 10 PC from my father. I have purchased an updated version of Office and was trying to uninstall the 2007 version he was using. When I went to uninstall, I got the message below. I do not know how to enter the admin user name and password and I do...
  4. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changes require an administrator user name and password.: Hello. I inherited a Windows 10 PC from my father. I have purchased an updated version of Office and was trying to uninstall the 2007 version he was using. When I went to uninstall, I got the message below. I do not know how to enter the admin user name and password and I do...
  5. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. passwords and user names

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    passwords and user names: Irrespective of using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome I need to sign in all programs from scratch, plugging in the user name and password, every time I turn on the computer or even sometimes when I just go out of a program and back in. This is true for all programs, eg....
  7. Requesting user password change

Requesting user password change: Turned on my computer today and on the first screen it says that the user's password must be changed before signing in. It has never happened before. What password? I've even tried system restore but getting nowhere! Help, I need my computer for the weekend! Rob...
  8. administrator user name / password

administrator user name / password: I forgot my user name/password for my administrator account. How can I find this information. I need this to do different things. I have been unable to check ,fix ect. Is there resolution to this problem/...
  9. signing on with administrator user name & password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    signing on with administrator user name & password: always signed in with Microsoft account & password next am after upgrade to windows 10 version 1803 I had an administrator account on the opening page. I signed in with MS account. Anything I wanted to do or change went to the sign in with administrator account with...
  10. User names and Passwords

User names and Passwords: I recently upgraded to Windows 10. It is set to save passwords and asks whether or not I want it to save, which I do. But when I go back to that webpage, it isn't filling in my ID & PW. What do I need to do?...