Windows 10: Windows requires activation after last update

Discus and support Windows requires activation after last update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have a bit of a problem with windows requiring activation. I've been using Windows 10 since I upgraded with Windows 8; now after 5 years with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SeanD8, Jun 12, 2020.

1. SeanD8 Win User

Windows requires activation after last update

Hi,

I have a bit of a problem with windows requiring activation. I've been using Windows 10 since I upgraded with Windows 8; now after 5 years with no changes to hardware or mucking about with the OS, it wants activation. The only thing I can think has caused it was the most recent update. I've tried sfc which won't run, and disk checking or safe mode made no difference.

I no longer have my installation copy of Windows 8 although I don't think that would make much difference.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:)

SeanD8, Jun 12, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows requires activation after last update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Windows requires activation after last update

Windows Vista Activation

I have 4 sytems in my home running vista(1 ult.-3 prem).The ultimate & 1 premium took SP1
    wthout a hitch.1 premium required re-activation?,The other premium did not list SP1 in windows up-date,So i manually installed it without any re-activation required.
    Also have to add that SP1 has increased performance in every comp.The ultimate machine actually got a 1,100 point increase in 3d 06 without any other changes at all.

GREASEMONKEY, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows requires activation after last update

1. Windows requires activation after last update - Similar Threads - requires activation last

2. Problems after last Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems after last Windows update: After the last Windows 11 update, all the icons on my desktop stopped working. How can I get them to work again. I am a computer idiot and know very little about how they work...
  3. Windows requires activation after the next update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows requires activation after the next update.: I have Microsoft Surfase pro 8. I bought it with Windows 11 Home installed. Recently, an update came after which Windows requires activation. Although before that for half a year everything worked well and Windows was activated. When I try again, it says "We can`t activate...
  4. Windows requires activation after the next update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows requires activation after the next update.: I have Microsoft Surfase pro 8. I bought it with Windows 11 Home installed. Recently, an update came after which Windows requires activation. Although before that for half a year everything worked well and Windows was activated. When I try again, it says "We can`t activate...
  5. Windows requires activation after the next update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows requires activation after the next update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Activate Windows issue after last Windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows issue after last Windows update: After the last Windows update that occurred a day ago on my pc that included KB4586786, KB 45800980 & KB4586863, I now have a message in the sys tray that says I need to activate Windows. This is the same PC that I have been using for about 4years and I have not made any...
  8. Windows 10 require activation after latest OS update

Windows 10 require activation after latest OS update: After the latest Windows update, my device which I bought with a genuine Windows license more than a year ago suddenly requires Windows activation. I try troubleshooting and using the command prompt to find my product key but to no avail. The error code 0xC004F012. Has anyone...
  9. BSOD after last Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after last Windows update: I got a BSOD with WHEA uncorrectable error, but have had no change in the computer except trying to make the sound better last week and Windows update on March 2nd. Googled and found some 2019 complaints but when I open the sites all I see is very outdated posts. Looked for...
  10. Windows 10 activation failed after last insiders update

Windows 10 activation failed after last insiders update: Hello I am a member of the Windows 10 insider program in the fast ring. After the last insider build (18272), my activation license is treated as invalid from window, and as a result I get a message at the corner of my screen asking me to activate windows- more that that,...