Windows 10: Windows reservation stil possible?

Discus and support Windows reservation stil possible? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am running small entreprise network. We are all on windows 7. At the time of w10 reservation (before july 2015) we did not 'click' the famous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mejnour, Feb 27, 2016.

1. mejnour Win User

Windows reservation stil possible?

Hi,
    I am running small entreprise network. We are all on windows 7. At the time of w10 reservation (before july 2015) we did not 'click' the famous w10 reservation icon because of unknow compatibility with our software. Since we don't know what will happen after july 2016, I would like to reserve copies without installing it. Rigth now if I download the w10 exe from microsoft page...it just want to install it without the choice to just download it. I also tried to with the old kb3035583 update without success probably because it's not effective anymore.

Any ideas to get my reservation without install?
    Thanks

:)

mejnour, Feb 27, 2016

2. NO FREE UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 THOUGH RESERVATIONS WERE MADE LAST YEARIphone 6 RUNNING IOS 9.2.1

iPhone 6 running ios 9.2.1 didnt reserve free upgrade windows 10 tho linked to Notebook running window 8.1 reserve free upgrade winows 10 last year in Aug. Stil havent receive any notification/email via my Notebook from Windows .

Am I to carry on waiting til July 2016 ? Need advice. Thank you.

CharlesMatthew, Feb 27, 2016
  3. windows 10 update

i have reserved and updated all the softwares and pending updates, still not getting the windows upadte,stil getiing the message that WE WILL NOTIFY YOU WHEN ITS READY any method so that i get the update soon

abhishekkalkur, Feb 27, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Sorry but you would HAVE to install Windows 10 to get it "reserved" Then after it installs successfully and Activates. THEN you can go back to your Windows 7 ....once you've activated Windows 10, MS remembers your Activation . *Smile

OldMike65, Feb 27, 2016
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
    I think that works only for 30 days. I would make an image of the Win7 system so that you can backpaddle.

6. OldMike65 Win User
    Yes Wolfgang if you mean once installing from Windows 7 to Windows 10, then the user only has 30 days to go back to their Windows 7. Making an image backup 1st is always the BEST idea thou. I agree 100% *Smile

OldMike65, Feb 27, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    But once the user HAS activated their Windows 10, then MS remembers their Windows 10 activation. Then the user can go back to their previous OS inside of the 30 day period.

A Very good program to make your image backup, on a 2nd drive, is Macrium Reflect free version. Much better than using the Windows backup.

OldMike65, Feb 27, 2016
  8. WHS
    whs Win User

Absolutely agree. The Windows imaging facilities are really not very good.

Imaging with free Macrium - Windows 7 Help Forums

9. mejnour Win User
    Thanks*Biggrin

Maybe it's naive question but...Marcrium have to be on a hard drive (no compression?) or it can be on a portable device like memory stick (compression)?

In my case, for some PCs, I will have to go back to WIN7, I assume that Marcrium backup is for the worst case scenario, like the "built-in go back in 30 days windows features" is not working...

The result end is that using Marcrium mean that PC will not be licence activate...*sarc

Thanks*Biggrin

mejnour, Feb 28, 2016
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    No idea what you mean by "compression" Macrium Reflect is a good image making program to make a exact image of your existing OS. 1st step is to install Macrium Reflect on your Hard drive, then once installed, you should make a rescue disk from Macrium Reflects main menu, under other options. This can be put on a USB or DVD drive. Macrium will make either option to be bootable. You can run Macrium to make your system image from your Hard drive or the rescue disk, your choice.

Macrium has nothing to do with your license for Windows 10, what so ever. Its a Backup program!!!

OldMike65, Feb 28, 2016
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Also, just to clarify - the user can restore Windows 7 from an image backup created by an external program such as Macrium Reflect at any time - both before after the 30 days. The 30 days limit only applies to reverting back to Windows 7 from within Windows 10 with no external programs required (which has also been known to fail quite frequently).

mejnour - the only way to get the free upgrade to Windows 10 is to actually upgrade to Windows 10 before the deadline which will get you a permanent license for Windows 10 on that specific computer. After you actually upgrade to Windows 10 once, then you can go back to Windows 7 and your license for Windows 10 will be stored on Microsoft servers and can be retrieved any time by the same computer, even after the free deadline.

NavyLCDR, Feb 28, 2016
  12. OldMike65 Win User
    Thanks for the added info, but I did tell him that in msg #2 on installing windows 10, then go back to 7 *Smile

OldMike65, Feb 28, 2016
  13. mejnour Win User

Hi Again,
    I got my answer trying to do my full image on a 16GB usb stick run out with not enough disk space (meaning that macrium don't compress that much data). I will do my image on a external hard drive. Thanks*Biggrin

mejnour, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows reservation stil possible? - Similar Threads - reservation stil possible

2. MSVBVM50.DLL stil available?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSVBVM50.DLL stil available?: Hello, For an old application i would need the MSVBVM50.DLL file but i m not confident in the sources i found online.Do microsoft still have that file somewhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msvbvm50dll-stil-available/576e04f6-0d57-488a-a7e9-6620e72d1108
  3. MSVBVM50.DLL stil available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSVBVM50.DLL stil available?: Hello, For an old application i would need the MSVBVM50.DLL file but i m not confident in the sources i found online.Do microsoft still have that file somewhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msvbvm50dll-stil-available/576e04f6-0d57-488a-a7e9-6620e72d1108
  4. Is it possible to migrate System Reserved partition to another drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to migrate System Reserved partition to another drive?: So my issue is that Windows 10 won't boot unless I have a secondary drive connected to my PC, which has the System Reserved partition for some reason. Windows is on my C drive, the G drive has this partition that's needed. Apparently this happens if you install Windows 10 and...
  5. Internet Explorer stil tickin

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer stil tickin: Today a Flash upgrade for Internet Explorer was automaticaly downloaded and installed. Whats up with this? I thought Edge was the new defacto browser and Internet Explorer sent out to pasture. The upgrade is #KB3087040 24336
  6. Reservation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reservation: I reserved my copy of windows 10 back in June but still haven't received my notice yet. I really don't want to use the MS tool but I'm getting sick of waiting. Anyone else still waiting for your notice? 15027
  7. Possible upgrade problem because of location of System Reserved part?

Possible upgrade problem because of location of System Reserved part?: I want to to an 'upgrade' from Win 7 to Win 10, but I messed up when installing Win 7 - my "system reserved" partition ended up on a non-system drive (see attached). I don't want to carry over this mistake to Win 10... (plus the Win 10 upgrade says to disconnect all...
  8. Windows 10 Reserved

Windows 10 Reserved: Has anyone who reserved Windows 10 actually got the update yet? Does anyone know when we might expect to get the update? 10068
  9. Windows reserving problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows reserving problem: I am having problems just registering for Windows 10 on my desktop. When I click on the W10 icon in the tray a window comes on saying please wait. It has not changed from that for quite awhile. It probably stay on for hours. This is a fairly old computer. I purchased it whn...
  10. With All Eyes on Windows 10, Metro Apps Number Stands Stil

in Windows 10 News
    With All Eyes on Windows 10, Metro Apps Number Stands Stil: The number of apps in the Windows Store, which at some point was Microsoft's main focus, is no longer getting so much love from the Redmond-based tech giant, as all efforts are now concentrated on the development of Windows 10. Ever since Microsoft announced Windows 10...