Windows 10: Windows reserving problem

Discus and support Windows reserving problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having problems just registering for Windows 10 on my desktop. When I click on the W10 icon in the tray a window comes on saying please wait. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Langsey, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Langsey Win User

Windows reserving problem

I am having problems just registering for Windows 10 on my desktop. When I click on the W10 icon in the tray a window comes on saying please wait. It has not changed from that for quite awhile. It probably stay on for hours. This is a fairly old computer. I purchased it whn W7 came out. Bought W7 upgrade at the time. It had Vista. On my laptop, the information window came on within 30 seconds. The computer is a Falcon NW I7 core. 12 gb ram. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    John

:)

Langsey, Aug 4, 2015
  2. rsimon_972 Win User

Having problem reserving Windows 10

I want to reserve my free copy of Windows 10, I see the icon, and click it the windows icon, a new window opens explaining the process of how to reserve, but nothing more; no email request.

<Current Windows version not stated>

rsimon_972, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa Win User
    Having problem reserving Windows 10

If the Reservation application (Windows 10 app) has a blank screen or does not work or is not available:

• Check Windows Update for an updated version of KB2952664 (Windows 7 SP1) or KB2976978 (Windows 8.x)
    • After installing the Windows Update, re-run the Compatibility Appraiser. This will happen automatically within a day or it can be run manually from an admin command prompt:
      • schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

Once started, it may take 10 minutes or so for the appraiser to complete. Once complete, re-open the Get Windows 10 app and it will have the updated compatibility information.

Dan Charlton

Windows DirectX Graphics team

Restart your computer and try again.

If the problem persist, see the following:

I want to reserve my free copy of Windows 10,
    but I don’t see the icon on the taskbar

If the Reservation application (Windows 10 app) has a blank screen or does not work or is not available:

Please be aware even if you do not get the Windows 10 app, you can still download Windows 10 as a .ISO file, create a bootable copy and upgrade your system.

How
    to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

Andre Da Costa, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Windows reserving problem

1. Windows reserving problem - Similar Threads - reserving problem

2. We couldn't update the system reserved partition - Windows 10 Updates won't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn't update the system reserved partition - Windows 10 Updates won't install: I have run a partition utility to increase the system reserved partition size and it still won't let me update the latest updates with the same error about reserved partition. I have run all the suggestions here:...
  3. Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space: Hi i have brand new laptop running windows 10. Basically an empty laptop, after the latest windows 10 updates, i kept getting pop up informing me that i have a low ssd disk space and my battery can't seems to charge when the power is plugged in. i need help on this!...
  4. 4149mb of hardware reserved memory

4149mb of hardware reserved memory: My computer is really slow to boot up and load games ect. Is this due to the high level of hardware reserved ram? And if so how do I remove it knowing my ram sticks are completely working fine. I've tried loads of methods from youtube such as the msconfig and un-selecting the...
  5. windows cannot update system reserved partion

windows cannot update system reserved partion: windows won't update system reserved partition. how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-cannot-update-system-reserved-partion/2f943836-5464-4673-b605-115393033fca
  6. Half of my Memory is in my System Reserve?

Half of my Memory is in my System Reserve?: I have been dealing with this for a few months and now its a constant thing. When i boot into the BIOS t can read all slots have memory in them. It totals out to 16GB total Memory. But when i boot into Windows in the Task Manager Half of my memory is in hardware reserve?...
  7. Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.

Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.: Hi, Trying to eliminate the freezing up problem with Windows 10. Recently noticed a key update KB3176938 has not been loaded to my system. In the settings, tried to update but got the message "Can't update the system reserved partition." OK, so poked around in Microsoft...
  8. Hardware reserved memory is more

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware reserved memory is more: Hi all, I have windows 10 pro on my core i7 pc. For speed recently i added new 2 gb RAM in addition to 4gb earlier. Total 6 GB But it is showing 2.9 gb only as usable and HARDWARE RESERVED MEMORY 3.1 GB. I have latest updated version of BIOS it is April 2018. Still my...
  9. Problem about RAM & Hardware reserved. Need advice.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem about RAM & Hardware reserved. Need advice.: ASUS Laptop with 4 GB RAM (2 slot RAM with each 2 GB) but only 1.6 GB usable & 2.4 GB (Hardware reserved). Even i reinstal this Windows 10 x64, this Hardware reserved still 2.4 GB. What can i do before replace / exchange position slot memory or update BIOS ? I attach my...
  10. Possible upgrade problem because of location of System Reserved part?

Possible upgrade problem because of location of System Reserved part?: I want to to an 'upgrade' from Win 7 to Win 10, but I messed up when installing Win 7 - my "system reserved" partition ended up on a non-system drive (see attached). I don't want to carry over this mistake to Win 10... (plus the Win 10 upgrade says to disconnect all...