Windows 10: Windows reserving problem

Discus and support Windows reserving problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having problems just registering for Windows 10 on my desktop. When I click on the W10 icon in the tray a window comes on saying please wait. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Langsey, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Langsey Win User

Windows reserving problem

I am having problems just registering for Windows 10 on my desktop. When I click on the W10 icon in the tray a window comes on saying please wait. It has not changed from that for quite awhile. It probably stay on for hours. This is a fairly old computer. I purchased it whn W7 came out. Bought W7 upgrade at the time. It had Vista. On my laptop, the information window came on within 30 seconds. The computer is a Falcon NW I7 core. 12 gb ram. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    John

:)

Langsey, Aug 4, 2015

2. Having problem reserving Windows 10

I want to reserve my free copy of Windows 10, I see the icon, and click it the windows icon, a new window opens explaining the process of how to reserve, but nothing more; no email request.

<Current Windows version not stated>

rsimon_972, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Having problem reserving Windows 10

If the Reservation application (Windows 10 app) has a blank screen or does not work or is not available:

• Check Windows Update for an updated version of KB2952664 (Windows 7 SP1) or KB2976978 (Windows 8.x)
    • After installing the Windows Update, re-run the Compatibility Appraiser. This will happen automatically within a day or it can be run manually from an admin command prompt:
      • schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

Once started, it may take 10 minutes or so for the appraiser to complete. Once complete, re-open the Get Windows 10 app and it will have the updated compatibility information.

Dan Charlton

Windows DirectX Graphics team

Restart your computer and try again.

If the problem persist, see the following:

I want to reserve my free copy of Windows 10,
    but I don’t see the icon on the taskbar

If the Reservation application (Windows 10 app) has a blank screen or does not work or is not available:

Please be aware even if you do not get the Windows 10 app, you can still download Windows 10 as a .ISO file, create a bootable copy and upgrade your system.

How
    to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

Andre Da Costa, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Windows reserving problem

1. Windows reserving problem - Similar Threads - reserving problem

2. Hardware reserved memory too high, Maybe a GPU problem? i dont know, but what i need is help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware reserved memory too high, Maybe a GPU problem? i dont know, but what i need is help.: So, ive had this laptop for over like almost 2 years and this is the first time it happens.I thought at first it was my ram problem and did a cleanup with a change of ram12 gb from now and it still this problemmost of time that ive tried to fix it the system used to crashes...
  3. Hardware reserved memory too high, Maybe a GPU problem? i dont know, but what i need is help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware reserved memory too high, Maybe a GPU problem? i dont know, but what i need is help.: So, ive had this laptop for over like almost 2 years and this is the first time it happens.I thought at first it was my ram problem and did a cleanup with a change of ram12 gb from now and it still this problemmost of time that ive tried to fix it the system used to crashes...
  4. Hardware reserved memory too high, Maybe a GPU problem? i dont know, but what i need is help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.: I changed my account alias from a live.com email to a gmail.com.Now I seem to have problems accessing my onedrive. I would like to revert to my live.com email however i'm getting this msg : "This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address."Can...
  6. Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.: I changed my account alias from a live.com email to a gmail.com.Now I seem to have problems accessing my onedrive. I would like to revert to my live.com email however i'm getting this msg : "This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address."Can...
  7. Problem: This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Problem with RAM reserved to harware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with RAM reserved to harware: Yesterday, CS:GO was loading in my PC, but 5 minutes passed and I realised that the whole PC was frozen, so i just turned it off. Later I started it again, and I tried to play RDR2, but a message saying that I dont have the minimum ram requirements showed up. This message...
  9. System files in reserved space problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System files in reserved space problem: Hello, I've got a serious problem with my windows system files which are in reserved space. I can't clean it up in any way, I've tried all solutions I'd found on the Internet like cleaning up disk, optimising, defragmenting, and using windows tools to free up all caches and...
  10. Problem about RAM & Hardware reserved. Need advice.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem about RAM & Hardware reserved. Need advice.: ASUS Laptop with 4 GB RAM (2 slot RAM with each 2 GB) but only 1.6 GB usable & 2.4 GB (Hardware reserved). Even i reinstal this Windows 10 x64, this Hardware reserved still 2.4 GB. What can i do before replace / exchange position slot memory or update BIOS ? I attach my...