Windows 10: Windows reserving problem

Discus and support Windows reserving problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having problems just registering for Windows 10 on my desktop. When I click on the W10 icon in the tray a window comes on saying please wait. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Langsey, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Langsey Win User

Windows reserving problem

I am having problems just registering for Windows 10 on my desktop. When I click on the W10 icon in the tray a window comes on saying please wait. It has not changed from that for quite awhile. It probably stay on for hours. This is a fairly old computer. I purchased it whn W7 came out. Bought W7 upgrade at the time. It had Vista. On my laptop, the information window came on within 30 seconds. The computer is a Falcon NW I7 core. 12 gb ram. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    John

:)

Langsey, Aug 4, 2015

2. Having problem reserving Windows 10

I want to reserve my free copy of Windows 10, I see the icon, and click it the windows icon, a new window opens explaining the process of how to reserve, but nothing more; no email request.

<Current Windows version not stated>

rsimon_972, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Having problem reserving Windows 10

If the Reservation application (Windows 10 app) has a blank screen or does not work or is not available:

• Check Windows Update for an updated version of KB2952664 (Windows 7 SP1) or KB2976978 (Windows 8.x)
    • After installing the Windows Update, re-run the Compatibility Appraiser. This will happen automatically within a day or it can be run manually from an admin command prompt:
      • schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

Once started, it may take 10 minutes or so for the appraiser to complete. Once complete, re-open the Get Windows 10 app and it will have the updated compatibility information.

Dan Charlton

Windows DirectX Graphics team

Restart your computer and try again.

If the problem persist, see the following:

I want to reserve my free copy of Windows 10,
    but I don’t see the icon on the taskbar

If the Reservation application (Windows 10 app) has a blank screen or does not work or is not available:

Please be aware even if you do not get the Windows 10 app, you can still download Windows 10 as a .ISO file, create a bootable copy and upgrade your system.

How
    to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

Andre Da Costa, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Windows reserving problem

1. Windows reserving problem - Similar Threads - reserving problem

2. we could'nt update the system reserved partition.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    we could'nt update the system reserved partition.: Error message "We could'nt update the system reserved partition" after running Windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-update-the-system-reserved-partition/97a17595-6890-4613-9392-19f51f90a9d5
  3. Modified system reserved partition but now no boot device found error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Modified system reserved partition but now no boot device found error: I actually tried to modify the system reserved partition size so that the recent windows update can be installed without error on my hp 15ac122tu machine which is i3 5th gen. I tried to modify the size using mini partition tool by creating 500mb unallocated space and...
  4. Move System Reserved Partition to Allow GPT Formatting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move System Reserved Partition to Allow GPT Formatting: I built my own computer with a 500GB SSD and 4TB HDD. Unfortunately I made the mistake of having both drives connected when installing Windows 10 for the first time, and now there's a System Reserved partition on my HDD. The problem with that is that it's only recognizing...
  5. 8.1 Gs of my Ram is in Reserves

8.1 Gs of my Ram is in Reserves: After trying to update my BIOS, MSCONFIG, Registry fix, etc, Windows 10 holds 8.1 Gs of my RAM in reserves and it is getting annoying. Spec: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-AX370-Gaming VIDEO: AMD Radeon RX 580...
  6. How do I defrag the system reserved folder

How do I defrag the system reserved folder: How do I defrag the system reserved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-defrag-the-system-reserved-folder/022e38ea-2099-4026-9858-665e0b41306b
  7. Win 10 upgrade from Win 7 - message "we couldn't update the system reserved partition"

Win 10 upgrade from Win 7 - message "we couldn't update the system reserved partition": Win 10 upgrade from Win 7 - message "we couldn't update the system reserved partition" How to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-upgrade-from-win-7-message-we-couldnt/9b4c0ece-c8c0-44ba-9ac3-848565faac4a
  8. System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB: Hello, I have 225 GB SSD laptop that was originally running Windows 7. When WIndows 10 offered free upgrades, I took advantage of that to upgrade my OS to Windows 10. I don't use my laptop much, but noticed that lately I've been having issues with storage space. I noticed...
  9. Problem about RAM & Hardware reserved. Need advice.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem about RAM & Hardware reserved. Need advice.: ASUS Laptop with 4 GB RAM (2 slot RAM with each 2 GB) but only 1.6 GB usable & 2.4 GB (Hardware reserved). Even i reinstal this Windows 10 x64, this Hardware reserved still 2.4 GB. What can i do before replace / exchange position slot memory or update BIOS ? I attach my...
  10. Possible upgrade problem because of location of System Reserved part?

Possible upgrade problem because of location of System Reserved part?: I want to to an 'upgrade' from Win 7 to Win 10, but I messed up when installing Win 7 - my "system reserved" partition ended up on a non-system drive (see attached). I don't want to carry over this mistake to Win 10... (plus the Win 10 upgrade says to disconnect all...