Windows 10: Windows reserving problem

Discus and support Windows reserving problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having problems just registering for Windows 10 on my desktop. When I click on the W10 icon in the tray a window comes on saying please wait. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Langsey, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Langsey Win User

Windows reserving problem

I am having problems just registering for Windows 10 on my desktop. When I click on the W10 icon in the tray a window comes on saying please wait. It has not changed from that for quite awhile. It probably stay on for hours. This is a fairly old computer. I purchased it whn W7 came out. Bought W7 upgrade at the time. It had Vista. On my laptop, the information window came on within 30 seconds. The computer is a Falcon NW I7 core. 12 gb ram. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    John

:)

Langsey, Aug 4, 2015

2. Having problem reserving Windows 10

I want to reserve my free copy of Windows 10, I see the icon, and click it the windows icon, a new window opens explaining the process of how to reserve, but nothing more; no email request.

<Current Windows version not stated>

rsimon_972, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Having problem reserving Windows 10

If the Reservation application (Windows 10 app) has a blank screen or does not work or is not available:

• Check Windows Update for an updated version of KB2952664 (Windows 7 SP1) or KB2976978 (Windows 8.x)
    • After installing the Windows Update, re-run the Compatibility Appraiser. This will happen automatically within a day or it can be run manually from an admin command prompt:
      • schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

Once started, it may take 10 minutes or so for the appraiser to complete. Once complete, re-open the Get Windows 10 app and it will have the updated compatibility information.

Dan Charlton

Windows DirectX Graphics team

Restart your computer and try again.

If the problem persist, see the following:

I want to reserve my free copy of Windows 10,
    but I don’t see the icon on the taskbar

If the Reservation application (Windows 10 app) has a blank screen or does not work or is not available:

Please be aware even if you do not get the Windows 10 app, you can still download Windows 10 as a .ISO file, create a bootable copy and upgrade your system.

How
    to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

Andre Da Costa, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Windows reserving problem

1. Windows reserving problem - Similar Threads - reserving problem

2. Windows 10 System and Reserved Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 System and Reserved Storage: Within the last couple months I got a new PC and it is and has been running really well... with one problem. Its storage has recently begun filling up really quickly and practically overnight the system and reserved storage went up around 100 GB. I should specify that I have...
  3. why is "System & Reserved" reported size much larger than volume?

why is "System & Reserved" reported size much larger than volume?: context: I have a netbook that came with 32-bit Win 7 Starter edition. I've dutifully updated it to Win 10 1803 and am having trouble with further updates The C: partition is about 50GiB. About 10GiB is free. The disk is partitioned using MBR I don't think that the...
  4. Restrict or reserve disk io per application?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restrict or reserve disk io per application?: Anyone know an application who can do this for windows 10? Thx submitted by /u/user_982396 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwm3wx/restrict_or_reserve_disk_io_per_application/
  5. This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address." Error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address." Error: I built a PC back in July 2018 and I was going to use my normal hotmail account to sign in, but I used a different ones to avoid parental controls. Well, those controls are fixed now and I wanted to use my hotmail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as my main email,...
  6. Extending system reserved partition gone wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extending system reserved partition gone wrong: I used partition wizard to extend partition for system reserved and my pc crashed blue screen and restarted in the middle of the process. Now my PC won't boot, just stuck on the spinning circles of startup. rebuildbcd gives this, Total identified windows installations: 0 Is...
  7. Problem with RAM reserved to harware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with RAM reserved to harware: Yesterday, CS:GO was loading in my PC, but 5 minutes passed and I realised that the whole PC was frozen, so i just turned it off. Later I started it again, and I tried to play RDR2, but a message saying that I dont have the minimum ram requirements showed up. This message...
  8. System files in reserved space problem

System files in reserved space problem: Hello, I've got a serious problem with my windows system files which are in reserved space. I can't clean it up in any way, I've tried all solutions I'd found on the Internet like cleaning up disk, optimising, defragmenting, and using windows tools to free up all caches and...
  9. Problem about RAM & Hardware reserved. Need advice.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem about RAM & Hardware reserved. Need advice.: ASUS Laptop with 4 GB RAM (2 slot RAM with each 2 GB) but only 1.6 GB usable & 2.4 GB (Hardware reserved). Even i reinstal this Windows 10 x64, this Hardware reserved still 2.4 GB. What can i do before replace / exchange position slot memory or update BIOS ? I attach my...
  10. Possible upgrade problem because of location of System Reserved part?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible upgrade problem because of location of System Reserved part?: I want to to an 'upgrade' from Win 7 to Win 10, but I messed up when installing Win 7 - my "system reserved" partition ended up on a non-system drive (see attached). I don't want to carry over this mistake to Win 10... (plus the Win 10 upgrade says to disconnect all...