Windows 10: Windows reset but not setting up again

Discus and support Windows reset but not setting up again in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I had reset my windows 10, (only system drive). After the reset, 1. I landed on the log in screen. 2. Tried to log in with my email and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Abhinav_94, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Windows reset but not setting up again

Hello,

I had reset my windows 10, (only system drive). After the reset,

1. I landed on the log in screen.

2. Tried to log in with my email and password.

3. Unsuccessfull.

4. Connected LAN but its was not dectecting the internet connection.

5. Tried to reset the Laptop with shift+LMB+reset.

6. Reset did not happen as it said i do not have a user profile to perform this task.

I’m clue less on what to do. Please help.

:)

Abhinav_94, Dec 2, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 2, 2018
  4. newfellow Win User

Windows reset but not setting up again

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Windows reset but not setting up again

1. Windows reset but not setting up again - Similar Threads - reset setting again

2. what should I do now? Do I need to set up windows again or windows reset is enough?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    what should I do now? Do I need to set up windows again or windows reset is enough?: I am using Windows 11 pro right now on my laptop. But from last week it continuously showing the notification "Activate windows".I don't want to lose any of my data or installed software on my C drive or my laptop....
  3. what should I do now? Do I need to set up windows again or windows reset is enough?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what should I do now? Do I need to set up windows again or windows reset is enough?: I am using Windows 11 pro right now on my laptop. But from last week it continuously showing the notification "Activate windows".I don't want to lose any of my data or installed software on my C drive or my laptop....
  4. Click to set up your pin again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Click to set up your pin again: Everytime I switch my laptop on I get the same message - something happened and your pin isn't available. click to set up your pin again.I have reset this over and over again, but still getting the message when i turn the machine off and restart....
  5. Click to set up your pin again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Click to set up your pin again: Everytime I switch my laptop on I get the same message - something happened and your pin isn't available. click to set up your pin again.I have reset this over and over again, but still getting the message when i turn the machine off and restart....
  6. Click to set up your pin again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows 10 Clean Reinstall complete, setting up again

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Clean Reinstall complete, setting up again: Problem with Windows 10 update Moving on from here, and suggestions about partitioning my drive having successfully clean installed windows 10. If I could do windows XP, this would actually be a no brainer, but its still a good suggestion. Even after restoring my mp3 files...
  8. problems with set up after resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems with set up after resetting: After resetting my laptop, I was going through the set up when after it asks me to connect my phone to the laptop and pressing next, I am taken to a white screen. The white screen does not take up the whole screen. When I go back and more forward, I am taken to the same white...
  9. run set up wizard again

in Windows 10 Customization
    run set up wizard again: My PC is running on epic games launcher and not on set up wizard How to run set up wizard again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-set-up-wizard-again/45090299-0747-4a27-b1e8-be2dc7493db4
  10. Help needed with running the set up again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help needed with running the set up again: Hi! I am trying to help my mother to set up her Win 10 installation. During set up she entered a non microsoft email adress (***@telia.com) and then she entered her password. What she failed to do was to tab to the password box, so in reality she added the password to the...