Windows 10: Windows Reset Caused Missing User Configurations & Documents

Discus and support Windows Reset Caused Missing User Configurations & Documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I rebooted my PC last evening, turned of the monitor & let the PC run. This morning I turned on the monitor & observed a message about logging in to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by winrjw, Nov 25, 2019.

1. winrjw Win User

Windows Reset Caused Missing User Configurations & Documents

I rebooted my PC last evening, turned of the monitor & let the PC run. This morning I turned on the monitor & observed a message about logging in to see my files. I chose not to & got some message about a temporary profile/login. My programs, printers, etc., all remained configured. What happened to my desktop configurations & all of my user files? I appear to be running Windows 10 version 1903 from 7/18/2018, build 18362.476.

:)

winrjw, Nov 25, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Documents Destination

It's possible that some user profile system files may have been corrupted, causing the missing Location tab. The next step we recommend is to create a new local user account for computer to see if the
    "Documents" and "Pictures" folders under "This PC" will be set to the default location instead of the OneDrive location. You may follow the steps listed here to
    create a new local user account.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Reset Caused Missing User Configurations & Documents - Similar Threads - Reset Caused Missing

2. Peculiar documents folder configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Peculiar documents folder configuration: I don't know how I did this, but I have two different Documents folders and they are different. I find one at c:\users\username\Documents and the other at c:\users\username\OneDrive\Desktop\4 user data directories down\Documents. I have no idea how this happened. The one way...
  3. Peculiar documents folder configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Peculiar documents folder configuration: I don't know how I did this, but I have two different Documents folders and they are different. I find one at c:\users\username\Documents and the other at c:\users\username\OneDrive\Desktop\4 user data directories down\Documents. I have no idea how this happened. The one way...
  4. Peculiar documents folder configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing documents

Missing documents: My documents and files are disappearing from my computer. When I go to one drive I have some of them but not all of them. Why are things disappearing.For example: I have the H&R Block Program. I saved files through this program and when I looked at it today there are no...
  6. Restore User Documents Missing After Last Windows Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore User Documents Missing After Last Windows Upgrade: Last month when I was out of town Microsoft updating my Window 10 environment with their latest fix pack. When I signed on for the first time I noticed ALL of my documents, downloads, etc. were "missing". I have read the answers to other people having the same problem and...
  7. Missing C:\users\Documents folder

Missing C:\users\Documents folder: For some time now I have been unable to see the Windows "Documents" folder on C:\users. All I see is the C:\users\OneDrive\Documents folder. Does OneDirve somehow interact with the Windows Documents folder and somehow combine them? I can't imagine that to be the case...
  8. Computer configuration VS user configuration

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer configuration VS user configuration: I am trying to improve my IT skills and need professional explanation about the difference between Computer configuration and user configuration? [img] 132031
  9. Missing documents from C:\user\my documents during October update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing documents from C:\user\my documents during October update: Hi everybody in the community, After greetings and well wishes. All my documents, word, excel and whatnot were vanished from the file folder in C:\ on 16-Sep-2018 between 7.00 PM and 8.00 PM Saudi Arabian time, wiping out my years of work from the computer. I am a...
  10. Missing document after OS reset

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Missing document after OS reset: Hi all My first post here, and I'd really appreciate your help. My wife told me that when she logged on into her account yesterday, she found that everything that was on her desktop had disappeared. This came as the last straw - I had been battling with poor...