Windows 10: windows reset does NOT remove all personal information from browsers etc, is there an all...

Discus and support windows reset does NOT remove all personal information from browsers etc, is there an all... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have followed the instructions Microsoft gives for a reset multiple times and it does absolutely nothing to remove personal information from users... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by hebrewhammertym, Nov 30, 2019.

1. windows reset does NOT remove all personal information from browsers etc, is there an all...

I have followed the instructions Microsoft gives for a reset multiple times and it does absolutely nothing to remove personal information from users files section (c:/users/_______, etc) or from browsers, and keeps all files on the desktop.

is there a REAL reset function that works similar to how formatting and reinstalling a clean copy of windows on a new hard disk drive used to work?

:)

hebrewhammertym, Nov 30, 2019
  2. qubit Win User
    qubit, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User

windows reset does NOT remove all personal information from browsers etc, is there an all...

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

windows reset does NOT remove all personal information from browsers etc, is there an all...

1. windows reset does NOT remove all personal information from browsers etc, is there an all... - Similar Threads - reset does remove

2. Remove Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Properties and Personal Information: Hi, When I go into a files properties, for this a WAV file and select details I am unable to edit any of the Properties. At the bottom is the link for "Remove Properties and Personal Information", when I select this I get an additional properties box appear.I have created a...
  3. Remove Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Properties and Personal Information: Hi, When I go into a files properties, for this a WAV file and select details I am unable to edit any of the Properties. At the bottom is the link for "Remove Properties and Personal Information", when I select this I get an additional properties box appear.I have created a...
  4. Remove Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Properties and Personal Information: Hi, This is something completely new to me. I bought an album, and all the details of each file was missing I logged a complaint with the company that provided me the files So, I went into the properties of each file and selected "Details" tab so I could put in the correct...
  5. Remove Properties and Personal Information

Remove Properties and Personal Information: Hi, This is something completely new to me. I bought an album, and all the details of each file was missing I logged a complaint with the company that provided me the files So, I went into the properties of each file and selected "Details" tab so I could put in the correct...
  6. Will reseting windows remove all users?

Will reseting windows remove all users?: I am currently reseting windows, but will it remove all users? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reseting-windows-remove-all-users/5ad199a7-df7b-4981-9519-8cd6633f84a4
  7. Removing Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing Properties and Personal Information: Like I have some MKV files which contains misleading titles and I want to remove those, but when I click the "Remove Properties and Personal Information" link I do not get the option to chose which information would I like to remove. Like in some files there is a check box...
  8. Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.: I was having trouble with being signed in to a temporary account so in the windows boot recovery I chose to reset my PC keeping all my personal files. 20 mins later however, I return to find my pc reset - and none of my files are there. Literally the only stuff left was a few...
  9. Backing up then deleting all personal information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backing up then deleting all personal information: How do I backup then delete all my information on this HP Laptop with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-then-deleting-all-personal-information/46567936-a9f9-424f-ade2-88e94ea22ee1
  10. How to remove all favorites from Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove all favorites from Edge Browser: So I decided to give Edge another try, and seeing that I am still unable to directly import my favorites from Firefox I went around it by exporting them to a HTML file, importing them into IE and then into Edge. Well only half of them ended up appearing in edge and I now...