Windows 10: Windows reset does not show that it will reset all of my drives

Discus and support Windows reset does not show that it will reset all of my drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having trouble resetting windows. I have a 1tb ssd with windows installed on it and another 2tb hdd. I also just recently replaced my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JadenR, Dec 26, 2020.

1. JadenR Win User

Windows reset does not show that it will reset all of my drives

I have been having trouble resetting windows. I have a 1tb ssd with windows installed on it and another 2tb hdd. I also just recently replaced my motherboard and cpu. When I try to use the "Reset this PC" in windows and change the affected drives to all drives, it only shows that It will reset my hdd. Is there a way to fix this?

:)

JadenR, Dec 26, 2020
  2. newfellow Win User

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Dec 26, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Caring1 Win User

Having random resets on Windows 10

I would suggest trying another PSU.
    It appears to me it cuts out under load.
    Use CPUID HWMonitor to check voltages while running at idle, then load.
    Not resetting while in BIOS, does not mean Hardware isn't to blame, it only shows basic drivers and hardware are functioning correctly.

Caring1, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows reset does not show that it will reset all of my drives - Similar Threads - reset does show

2. Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...: I'm planning to factory reset my pc but my roommate is also using this device and has an account on this device, will it also reset my roommate's user data?...
  3. Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...: I'm planning to factory reset my pc but my roommate is also using this device and has an account on this device, will it also reset my roommate's user data?...
  4. Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why does a Windows reset not remove all my hard drive files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does a Windows reset not remove all my hard drive files: Hi,I need to fully clean the drive on my PC in order to sell/give away.Following a number of attempts at a full Windows 10 reset and selecting the option to delete all files and reinstall Windows this is not fully removing all files. The reset process is taking hours and...
  6. Why does a Windows reset not remove all my hard drive files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does a Windows reset not remove all my hard drive files: Hi,I need to fully clean the drive on my PC in order to sell/give away.Following a number of attempts at a full Windows 10 reset and selecting the option to delete all files and reinstall Windows this is not fully removing all files. The reset process is taking hours and...
  7. Why does a Windows reset not remove all my hard drive files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. My pc will not reset at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc will not reset at all.: My pc was running great one moment and now it is not seeing my audio device on my motherboard and i can not type in my search on taskbar or in settings or microsoft store. When i go to reset it will get to 1% then undo and restart to the blue screen again with advanced...
  9. Reset my drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset my drive: HI there. I want to completely wipe my main SSD and basically start again. How would I go about doing that, and then reinstalling windows when it is done? submitted by /u/big_noob_69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mebcb5/reset_my_drive/
  10. Windows reseted all my settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows reseted all my settings: So today, after a long day work on my computer, I signed out of my pc and left it. 5 minutes later when I signed in back again, a strange message that I have never seen before popped up saying 'Preparing Windows'. Surprised to see this, I waited. After 15 minutes my PC signed...